• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Tranxene/clorazepate

Status
Not open for further replies.

burntserkits

Bluelighter
Hello all. I have obtained 90 7.5 mg generic clorazepates and have searched, but my results did not yield much info. Anyone with experience with these benzos, please give me some info on recreational value as well as quality of anxiolytic effects. I take clonazepam daily and am familiar with MOST ALL benzos. I read an equivalence chart that put 15 mg clorazepate = ~10 mg diazepam...agreed? Thanks...
:bs:

burntserkits said:
Hello all. I have obtained 90 7.5 mg generic clorazepates and have searched, but my results did not yield much info. Anyone with experience with these benzos, please give me some info on recreational value as well as quality of anxiolytic effects. I take clonazepam daily and am familiar with MOST ALL benzos. I read an equivalence chart that put 15 mg clorazepate = ~10 mg diazepam...agreed? Thanks...
:bs:

clorazepate is the least recreational of all the benzos - possibly with the exception of clopoxid (Librium).

You won't probably find them much useful if you're on daily clonazepam, but you could always try, by titrating the dose up step-by-step.

these suck because they have to metabolize into a benzo rather than being a straight benzo, atleast from what I have read up on them. My boys grandma used to get them and give him the bottle of 90 every month the only good they did for me since I have a daily xanax habit going on 5 years (scripted) was keep the w/d's at bay when I would over medicate and run out of xannies early never any kinda recreational fun. But im guessing for one with no tolerence they would do something.

it iz 1 of the weakest benzo type drugs does sumthing but sum kava kava iz even more relaxing

It can get you high in high doses but it is really one of the worst benzos I've tried. Very poor anxiolytic effects too. Doesn't compare to diazepam at all.

The only benzo I've had worse than clorazepate was clobazam. Tranxene was mediocre at best.

Well, i have tried lorazepam and bromazepam briefly and i didn't notice much difference from clorazepate..

i am prescribed to 3.75mg tranxene 3x daily. most days i dont take anything but when i do i usually take 8-3.75=30mg which is actually fairly nice. it def. is not as good as klonopin or valiuum but with a fairly high dose it will sufice. oh and it does compare a little to bromazepam and lorazepam although i've only taken those two a couple times each.

i retract my statement about clorazepate.. i get "noctran" pills theyre 10mg clorazepate , 0.75mg acepromazine, and 7.5mg aceprometazine.... and they kick ass for sleep.. long lasting, the acepromazine and aceprometazine a neuroleptic and a anti-histamine knock you out... i still wake up during the night, but at least its faaaaaar less addictive thant the benzos i was taking before to sleep (loprazaolam lormetazepam, nitrazepam...), "noctran" is classified as a hypnotic whereas clorazepate by itself is an anxiolytic...

the fact that it has to be metabolised into a benzo means nothing...

clorazepate is tranxene buddy..

im on clorazepate myself prescribed.. i am also prescribed xanax by a psych.. i find the tranxene aka clorazepate to be much longer lasting and definately a better feeling than xanax.. all xanax does when i take it now is well pretty much nothing to be honest. You guys are under rating this drug by a longshot.. ive beeen on benzos for around 8 years theres nothin bad about this one besides the hangover but i can handle that

how do you ffigure its the worst? jw

Last edited by a moderator:
I think this one deserves a bump. Tranxilium is the preparation available in Germany that I know of and it is known in a circle of acquaintances as the benzodiazepine with the highest recreational value. There are two people in particular who keep benzos stashed in grocery bags and large boxes respectively and have probably had every single benzodiazepine on the market in their possession. One of them also has had a daily totally uncontrolled habit with this class of drugs for years due to being a very avid cocaine user and is very enthusiastic about clorazepate in particular.

He gave it to me twice and one of those times I walked around in my neighbourhood, spending my last 150 Euros on groceries (among them a 1ft long kitchen device which purpose I haven't figured out until this day), getting to know all the local pharmacists and store owners (there are 5 pharmacies within a 10 minute walking distance), just having chit-chats and generally doing stuff I normally would be inhibited to do. It was there I decided to buy booze as well, which lead to my spontaneously taking a large dose of amphetamine and systematically wreaking social havoc with the aid of my phone and facebook account.

I remember this to be an extremely euphoric experience with benzos never really having had any recreational value for me. They don't even work very reliably for sleep. Had about 7-10 major benzos and a really nice barbiturate which name I don't remember, but nothing was close to being as pleasant as this one... I don't quite remember the dosage, but it might have been much larger than the one generally prescribed for anxiety. I remember he insisted I'd take a specific dosage both times. I don't socialize with either of these people anymore, so I just can't say what the dosage was.

"Noctran" sounds like the bomb btw.

I had it prescribed once, i took some and it was by far the shittiest benzo i've ever had, and it lasted long, i was waiting and waiting to sober up..8(
Well, all the people are different, but for me it's totally worthless, and of course there's no way to compare it to valium..Anyway..:)

MartinFn

i retract my statement about clorazepate.. i get "noctran" pills theyre 10mg clorazepate , 0.75mg acepromazine, and 7.5mg aceprometazine.... and they kick ass for sleep.. long lasting, the acepromazine and aceprometazine a neuroleptic and a anti-histamine knock you out... i still wake up during the night, but at least its faaaaaar less addictive thant the benzos i was taking before to sleep (loprazaolam lormetazepam, nitrazepam...), "noctran" is classified as a hypnotic whereas clorazepate by itself is an anxiolytic...

What country is this from? At this point I will try anything, although clorazepatwe dipotassium is already rarely used here, my daily intake of nordazepam is through diazepam, but if this thing in good enough quantity or in combo with a strong antihistamine i never heard of coupled with a kind of seroquel 25mg but foreign, it's a great idea of a pill for insomniacs for life (like me). And the worst benzo is clobazam or deschloro-etizolam...it was impossible to get other than a little lightheaded with Frisium, had 25mg and then I felt very dumb, felt like bipolar pills/pills for epilepsy like dilantin/valproate whatever but with a touch of a real benzo in there.

Deschloro-etizolam is shit, don't touch that new benzo kids, I doubt it's my tolerance, my tolerance is weak, 20mg of valium a day + the here and there 1mg xanax (I get 15 a month). But yeah, those I've had in canada, were generic, we don't have the brand name Tranxene pills, which is a shame they looked different from all pills out there, they almost look like an mdma pill, one of the last good pure mdma pills around, the red ones. Anyway, I was playing with NOVO-Clorazepate Dipotassium last month, the only benzo made by NOVO which is a common brand name in the generics world but benzos are normally left to Apotex, Pharmascience and Teva around here. A ziploc bag containing 32 "novo-clopat 15mg", strongest dose for that thing I know exists, all is legit as it is written on the gelcap, was left on my desktop desk along several disposable e-cigs that do contain nicotine by a good friend.

Now I can totally identify when the nordazepam has taken over when eating my valium doses, since this is what clorazepate turns into in your blood once first pass metabolism is done. It's not bad, not something for panic attacks, but every other reason to take benzos make this one valid. I hear it's mostly used for problems one wouldn't suspect, IBS and Crohn's apparently, reading about it elsewhere...

Man, where you from, just checking because I want this thing to exist in Canada, I always thought that mixing of a benzo, say 10mg valium or 6mg Lectopam(bromaz) temazepam 15mg/strong antihistamine (mostly without cholinergic activity) like hydroxyzine 50mg and a very safe low dose of an antipsychotic like Seroquel 25mg in the same pill would make one's brain associate less pills to feeling good and just getting the persont to sleep and making sure that they won't get addicted because their minds do not associate it to anything pleasant other than a purely utilitarian med. Of course it would have to be used after trying many many other things.

Last edited:
clorazepate isn't a bad benzo... Its a pro-drug for nordiazepam and so its even less potent than diazepam. I believe 15mg of clorazepate is the equivalent of 10mg of diazepam. They use it in withdrawal settings because of its ridiculously long halflife. I personally found it to feel pretty nice but they had me taking 45mg a day trying to get me off a rapid taper of diazepam.

Its very long lived and takes a long time to kick in but otherwise I'd say its like a less euphoric diazepam.

Hello, I agree with the latest post that clorazepate takes about a day to wear off. It takes about an hour after digestion for me to feel it, then am pretty much just mellow for hours before slowly coming down, but only to a more drowsy version.

I was prescribed 15mg for alcohol withdrawal, and and works wonders for me. I am taking 45-60mg/day for about a week now. I use to take 20mg Diazapam a time at random intervals during the day, but it got me high. Clorazepate is not euphoric at all, but it makes me feel ok about everything, and just kind of happy throughout the day. Instead of the normal restlessness, anxiety, rage, and cravings. I'm afraid of the side effects coming off of this though. I started smoking indica again to mellow out and ease down the dosage. Am I okay at this amount? It's way better than drinking everyday.

Ironically, this still remains the only euphoric benzodiazepine I have tried (very high dose, no tolerance). I've tried a lot. Number 2 would be Tetrazepam, another weak one nobody seems to enjoy. Midazolam, Temazepam, Diazepam and whatnot are all all useless to me. I guess everybody's different.

Status
Not open for further replies.