• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Tramadol / Xanax info?

MIRyuhurd

Greenlighter
yo, so yesterday night one took 2 mgs of xanax, couple hours apart, to sleep.
Never messed with benzos and have been reading a bunch but. Guess one need some more direct replies.

Wanting to take 250-300mg of tramadol today: but I dont want a seizure. So do others think dosing this much tramadol after 2mg of xanax last night is okay?? Or should one wait another day ?
Just not sure about benzos and tramadol since its a little different from other opiods...

note: have used tramadol/other opiods in the past a lot. Never touched benzos till last 2 days.

the only dangerous interaction between benzos and tramadol is over sedation and in large doses/extreme cases death from respiratory depression

benzos will reduce the seizure chance of tramadol, there is no risk in terms of seizure or (combined) serotonin syndrome

benzos and tramadol do not interact pharmacologically other than increased respiratory depression and sedation

used in reasonable doses, within therapeutic range, there is no harm here other than getting a little too high

300mg tramadol and 2mg xanax is absolutely fine and within the realm of safety, but don't take that as free reign to use 3x those amounts, right?

therapeutic range of tramadol is up to 400mg, therapeutic range of xanax (assuming it's genuine xanax) is something like 4-6mg

However, if you live in the US, you should absolutely assume your xanax bars are pressed counterfeits and contain a different benzo... but this doesn't change my advice to a large degree.

in any case, taking over 400mg of tramadol is dangerous in itself and one should never rely on benzos for saving them from severe complications of a high dose of tramadol

Last edited:
yo, so yesterday night one took 2 mgs of xanax, couple hours apart, to sleep.
Never messed with benzos and have been reading a bunch but. Guess one need some more direct replies.

Wanting to take 250-300mg of tramadol today: but I dont want a seizure. So do others think dosing this much tramadol after 2mg of xanax last night is okay?? Or should one wait another day ?
Just not sure about benzos and tramadol since its a little different from other opiods...

note: have used tramadol/other opiods in the past a lot. Never touched benzos till last 2 days.

Adding to what Snafu said assuming you have taken 2mg of Alprazolam, it is a benzodiazepine with one of the shortest half-lifes there is (from memory six or so hours) So you will be absolutely fine the next morning.

What Snafu said.

I used both although not together. Sure the benzo will help prevent seizures but unless you go further than 400 mg you should be fine. Just don't do more than 400 mg a day to be extra safe.

I find tramadol highs nice and smooth and mildly stimulant while relaxing at the same time, but I switched to oxycodone once I got too tolerant to tramadol