• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Tramadol withdrawal remedies

Tramtierd

Greenlighter
Hi,

So I'm currently in the worst withdrawal right now.
Been using different opiates for about 10 years, mainly oxy and tramadol. But had some buprenorfine and codeine once in a while as well.
But have ended up the last couple of years with a daily dose around 1300mg/day.

Have managed to taper down to about 300-400mg/day. But every drop is a hell. Like a prolonged withdrawal, neverending.

Decided to go CT 48h ago now.
Så mentioned it's hell. Especially the restlessness in my whole body. No continuous sleep.
I have stocked up a lot of both rx meds and others. Some vitamins as well.

But need some advise with when and what.
Only found out that they are good for withdrawal but not when to take them.

Have this right now, with current usage.
Feel like I'm popping each and everyone through the day to try what's best right now. Cannot sleep and restlessness is killing me.

Gabapentin, through the day tot. 2400mg
Valium, 5mg two times a day now.
Zopiclone, for sleep 7.5 mg.
Mirtazapine, no clue when and how much?
Minerals, mornings?
L-Tyrosine, mornings 1200mg
Immodium, for the runs
Some nsaids, through the day.

Anyone got a good recepie for these when in withdrawal?

Last edited:
So almost 3 days now.
Withdrawal the same, using Valium to calm down the peaks. Cravings, fatigue and restless.

Popping as above, almost. Tried 15 MG mirtazapine yesterday but didn't do much.
The Zopiclone does the major part in falling asleep but can't stay asleep more than a couple of hours.

Using a lot of Gabapentin at the moment seem to take the edge of the most.

Depression, restlessness and cravings is the worst by far.
Does any of the above cope with this, in any dosage?

Tramadol is one of the worst to withdrawal from if you have been taking it heavily for a while.

I suggest loperamide(imodium) for the shits which in return helps a bit with the chills and hot flashes. But don't take too many start with just 2 of the 2mg pills and see if it does well for you usually I pop and the 4th before bed that way I don't wake up feeling like I'm waking from a grave.

Kratom will do you good and give you some energy too.

Thanks, for your reply.
Have been using imodium off on and these days but seem quite drained now.
Just trying to keep well hydrated now.

Unfortunately I'm not able to get any kratom where I am, checked it up before the CT.

Thought that I had stashed up quite good with rx meds, minerals and stuff .
But now in hell like withdrawal I cannot find a "suitable path" with all these.

Going harder on the mirtazapine and Zopiclone for tonight. Need some continuous sleep now.

Oh also what I used to do is find a weak opioid like codeine or dros use it low dose to cut edge off for maybe 3 or 4 days maybe a week then ur just kicking that instead of trams which is easier imo

Thanks man.
But shit, regretting every day now that I gave in for this.
Just felt like every drop in my taper was a withdrawal and just wanted it to be over.

Unfortunately I only have some Tramadol ER at hand, not much though. Not enough to give some kind of taper. The craving....

I'm now on my 5th day and I like to think that it won't get worse, at least physical. So popping one 50mg ER would set me back.

Read the Thomas recepie forth and back so hopefully got the Tyrosine and minerals right this time.
The mirtazapine increase didn't do much, 30mg. Maybe higher will do?
10mg if Zopiclone didn't do much either.
Still kicking my legs off.
Will try heavier dose of Valium for tonight. Only done them on daytime before.

Thanks everyone here, my only backup right now.

So, an update. Couldn't stand the craving and restlessness.
Popped one 50mg tram an hour ago to get some relief.
It's about a 4th of my daily dose 5 days ago. I.e 5 days clean until now. Gave me some relief though.
Bit afraid that Im going to give in tomorrow again. Even if just a 50mg.

Managed to order some kratom though.
Never tried it out before. Hopefully I can stay clean until it arrives.

Well trams seem to kick my ass in withdrawal like a high roxi dosing binge that stopped uprubtly..this is because of the snri(or whatever) and the opioid itself in Tramadol which causes such a horrible withdrawal at least for me.

I'm not trying enable you and encourage to take more after 5days clean besides the 50er but yeah if u can maintain on just one 50mg er when you feel that you need it most(until kraton arrives) then I say go for it..Rome wasn't built in a day you just have to use extreme discretion or else it's just
"dominos of indiscretion falling all around in cycles, in circles, constantly consuming conquer and devour." APC

Yeah the depression and anxiety is the worst. Can deal with the pain and runs but the other seem to haunt me, geez I miss some sleep.
Hopefully that 50 can give me some additional hours as well.

Talked to the doctor and they wouldn't prescribe any SNRI due to the serat. syndrome risk. Kind of get that, that's why I want of it asap to start with those.

And yes as you say. It's a minor dosage, even if taken daily for a while, compared to my record. Kind of a heavy-drop taper.
But will try to stay off for as long as I can.
Hope not my WD will restart tomorrow though.
That these days have been totally useless in terms of WD timeline.

BTW you clean or kicking anything yourself right now?

I swear I'm kicking every morning but the true kick doesn't start until I'm completely broke or can't find any and all I have is Kratom, lope, and tylenol..

Lately I've been on a Roxi 30 binge(not dirty) but I take low amounts of bupe on my off days which is a godsend but still always seem to cycle back to whatever is around and can get my hands on. I am prescribed nothing so it's a real bitch. But maybe 5 years ago I was heavy into taking trams I loved them but they are hell to me compared to other stuff. I would say having a lot of oxy or alot of trams are the worst things for me although I love them. Hydrocodone is more tolerable but like I said all comes down to what's available...eventually I will be finished for good I feel like my progress is there just extremely slow when becoming legit clean.

Oh I totally get you. Have been taking whatever I could get my hands on myself. Dealing with subs and oxys along the way as well. Know the circle all too well during my 10 years in it.
Really hope you manage to break the cycle and end up well.

And yeah totally agree, among all the others the tram is the best. Gives a bit of oxy high along with the SNRI boost as well.
But didn't do much for me the last years more than not being sick, even at doses close to 2000 MG.

About the Kratom, how much are you doing to take the edge off the WD?
Never tried and have quite the tolerance on the pills.

Whoa...2000mg of Tramadol? Holy shit I've never heard of such a thing. I did about a 3 month taper from a year and a half daily dose of 300-400mg, plus a few months of Norco and Percaset in the middle of it and I felt like hell when I was tapering and even worse when I jumped off. It was the worse withdrawals and post acutes I've ever had and thought it would never end. I know what you mean about the depression and anxiety. That was the worst.

Here's my advice. STOP taking the benzos. I can't stress that enough. They're obviously not helping that much and you're going to get hooked on those and then you're situation will become infinitely worse than it is already. You've indicated that the 50mg Tramadol took the edge off whereas before every step down was torturous. So it seems you've significantly lowered your tolerance since the CT attempt. That's great news. Now just take the 50mg every day for awhile. It's taking the edge off which is the best you can hope for in your situation. Once you're somewhat stabilized on the 50mg, then try breaking it in half and so on. Shouldn't be that bad really.

One last thing: I'd also stay off the kratom for now. Maybe try a little after you've jumped off the Tramadol for good but be careful. Kratom is addictive too and it's withdrawals can be unpredictable. Again, I'd just stick with that 50mg Tram and pause there for a bit. If you can do that coming from where you started out then you're in good shape.

Good luck!

Thanks man! Will try it out today.
Woke up and finally got some continuous sleep. Only took a small dose Zopiclone last night.
Feel terrible tobay. The depression and anxiety due to that 50mg slip up yesterday.

Yeah, even though the 2000mg was only occasionally it even got me thinking.. Have done the gabapentin for years as well, maybe saved me from seizures.
Daily dose where about 13-1500mg though.
Have been tapering for about 6 month to my 300-400mg now.

Will for sure try it out, skipping the benzo. Will try to skip the 50mg as well, as far as possible. And only use one to sleep as a last step maybe.
Feels so shitty, to have done 5 days and then give in for it again, even that low.
Only positive is that the tolerance have dropped. Many years since a 50mg even did a thing on me.
But will give it a try, if I can't stay totally clean. Just a 50mg / day and taper that off, and maybe with some kratom at the end.

Thought maybe Kratom could help keep the SNRI and opiate acute withdrawal apart a bit.
Will go easy on it though, never tried it before. Read up on it a bit yesterday.

Thanks for the support guys! Every single tip are more than welcome.

Thanks man! Will try it out today.
Woke up and finally got some continuous sleep. Only took a small dose Zopiclone last night.
Feel terrible tobay. The depression and anxiety due to that 50mg slip up yesterday.

Yeah, even though the 2000mg was only occasionally it even got me thinking.. Have done the gabapentin for years as well, maybe saved me from seizures.
Daily dose where about 13-1500mg though.
Have been tapering for about 6 month to my 300-400mg now.

Will for sure try it out, skipping the benzo. Will try to skip the 50mg as well, as far as possible. And only use one to sleep as a last step maybe.
Feels so shitty, to have done 5 days and then give in for it again, even that low.
Only positive is that the tolerance have dropped. Many years since a 50mg even did a thing on me.
But will give it a try, if I can't stay totally clean. Just a 50mg / day and taper that off, and maybe with some kratom at the end.

Thought maybe Kratom could help keep the SNRI and opiate acute withdrawal apart a bit.
Will go easy on it though, never tried it before. Read up on it a bit yesterday.

Thanks for the support guys! Every single tip are more than welcome.
You got this man! Tramadol is the devil. I've been there. Regarding the kratom, get some Bali or Indo as it's most opiate -like in its effects. BUT take the lowest effective dose. Start around 3-4 teaspoons and go from there. But do yourself a favor and wait until you're off everything else. Too many times I've seen (and experienced) these situations result in multiple other addictions than what the person started with.

Nothing helped my tramadol withdrawal honestly except things like buprenorphine, DXM or stimulants. Actually I'd advise against stimulants cause the come down will only make it worse.
Kratom never helped me in tramadol withdrawal.
Tramadol has a really complex pharmacology and it interacts with so many receptors, that's it's basically impossible to take enough things to hit all the sames one tramadol does. I think taking care of the opioid & SNRI withdrawal effects is probably the only practical approach. It can be hard still. I found buprenorphine completely eliminated the withdrawal for the most part, but then you're just dependent on bupe unless you do a rapid taper.

I went through tramadol withdrawal every month from the age of 19 to about 30 years old. It really can be brutal.
So I was constantly finding ways to alleviate it. Unfortunately I did not find many things that helped other than buprenorphine & other opioids.
Not to mention the post-acute withdrawals from tramadol had me on edge & craving constantly. Even when I tried to stop for good. Not to mention completely suicidal at times.
I still crave tramadol to this day. Although if I had a choice to use again & pick any opioid, it'd be probably be heroin hands down. Both were amazing for me, but after I got into heroin, tramadol lost a lot of it's magic. Even with tolerance breaks.

Last edited:
Lovecraft.
I got my hands on some Red Maeng Da. Have no idea if it's good. Stocks where pretty sold out so did some quick googling and found that one.
But will remember the Bali if this one doesn't help. Dosage noted as well. Thanks man!

Deathind.88
Yeah I don't want to go down another addiction path. Have used bupe and oxys myself but the tram have been the most frequent one during the years. Want to get rid of all opiates, I wish.
Are you clean today? Or did the heroin replace totally?

I've never gone CT but close to run out several times. So only dropped dose until problem solved with first opiate available.

Talked to my doctor regarding the SNRI stuff and won't prebcribe anything in that direction until I'm done with the trams due to ser. syndrome risk.
That's why I went CT now rather than drag my taper out anymore. Every drop felt like a moderate WD and will for sure end up on some SNRI meds anyway.
Those meds doesn't start to act until a few weeks in either. No quick fix unlike the tram.

But maybe took the wrong turn here. Maybe better to taper to the last mg of tram and then take on the SNRI.
On the other hand I want these days to count for something.

Lovecraft.
I got my hands on some Red Maeng Da. Have no idea if it's good. Stocks where pretty sold out so did some quick googling and found that one.
But will remember the Bali if this one doesn't help. Dosage noted as well. Thanks man!

Deathind.88
Yeah I don't want to go down another addiction path. Have used bupe and oxys myself but the tram have been the most frequent one during the years. Want to get rid of all opiates, I wish.
Are you clean today? Or did the heroin replace totally?

I've never gone CT but close to run out several times. So only dropped dose until problem solved with first opiate available.

Talked to my doctor regarding the SNRI stuff and won't prebcribe anything in that direction until I'm done with the trams due to ser. syndrome risk.
That's why I went CT now rather than drag my taper out anymore. Every drop felt like a moderate WD and will for sure end up on some SNRI meds anyway.
Those meds doesn't start to act until a few weeks in either. No quick fix unlike the tram.

But maybe took the wrong turn here. Maybe better to taper to the last mg of tram and then take on the SNRI.
On the other hand I want these days to count for something.
I've been on bupe for the past 5 years. It was helpful at first but once it's built up in your system & tolerance is established, you might as well be taking a sugar pill.
My mom was my tramadol connect but she got sick & passed away in 2021. And my heroin dealer went to prison for murder in 2019.
So in the end, all I was left with was bupe.
I personally love opiates & can't see my life without them & getting on bupe was the only viable route I could see to being able to remain semi-functional & not have to be a "criminal" just to feel better. Plus I don't want to have to fuck around with crappy fentanyl.
Honestly, I'd love to be able to take bupe + tramadol for maintenance. It would help better than either one alone or being abstinent.
One positive that opiates give me is they kill any desire for me to do other drugs, like alcohol, which is arguably worse for me. They also treat my depression.
But I realize they are not for everybody & some people don't want to have to rely on them.

Shit, sorry man. Could only imagine your position. But totally understand and would have chosen the bupe all day as well.

I love this shit as well. But on the other hand it doesn't do much anymore. As you said the sugar pill. That's what's my 1,5g of tram was. Didn't do anything more than left me normal, the high are long gone even at doses close to 2g.
But maybe messed up the receptors totally.
This is what got me thinking as well as the stress just to keep up and not running out.

Feel like shit now, pushing the limit now towards benzo or a low tram dose.

Shit, sorry man. Could only imagine your position. But totally understand and would have chosen the bupe all day as well.

I love this shit as well. But on the other hand it doesn't do much anymore. As you said the sugar pill. That's what's my 1,5g of tram was. Didn't do anything more than left me normal, the high are long gone even at doses close to 2g.
But maybe messed up the receptors totally.
This is what got me thinking as well as the stress just to keep up and not running out.

Feel like shit now, pushing the limit now towards benzo or a low tram dose.
Damn, that's a lot of tramadol.
Even at my worst, I would normally force myself to stay & hover around the 400mg spot, as any higher would give me weird twitches & feelings like I was about to have a seizure. It sucked, but I was also a weird person who, even though I didn't get "high" from the 400mg everyday, I still felt good & functional. More functional than I would sober even.
I would go with the low dose tram if you can. There were times when I would do a very extended taper if I knew I was gonna run out of pills. And it would help make the acute phase of withdrawals a lot less severe, although it's never truly painless. It can take a lot of discipline and will power to do an extended taper tho, as the temptation to feel better just one more time will be there.

Yeah, I dosed around 400mg /day as well for years. Felt stable and nice at first but the tolerance now left me with single doses at 400mg instead.
Also felt those twitches and muscle spasms but lower dose would've left far worse symptoms.

Anyhow, just took your advise there. Took a small dose of tram instead of benz.
Did take the edge off even if I'm still a bit restless and the craving for "just one more" kicks in harder when I take one.

Will push it as far as possible every day.
At least my tolerance are lower, so those CT days haven't been for nothing.
Hopefully, as you say, the inevitable will be less severe in the end.

Last edited: