• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Tramadol WD Syndrome Question

Direwolf131

Bluelighter
Hi, I am cut cold from Tramadol this week, last dose was Saturday night at 10pm, so today is day six, here's the thing, WD was a laugher until yesterday afternoon (day 5), and by far the worst of it is today (day 6). I cut cold from just 300mg a day, however that was every single day for almost 11 years now, days 1-4 were very mild, but not anymore, I am getting hammered by the wd today. Does this kind of thing occur with Tramadol, where the wd actually worsens, not improves after days 3-4???? Don't be shy if you have first hand experience, I am stunned by how hard this is hitting me so late into the cessation!

Thank you for your thoughts....

Are you sure you aren't just normal sick like you caught something after quitting tramadol? If it's definitely withdrawl then just push through it because you're already past halfway so you have 4-5 more days until you're feeling better most likely

Are you sure you aren't just normal sick like you caught something after quitting tramadol? If it's definitely withdrawl then just push through it because you're already past halfway so you have 4-5 more days until you're feeling better most likely
Positive, its WD syndrome, first 4 days were nothing, yesterday afternoon I started in with pretty intense anxiety and full time rls, horrifying headache. I have been using kratom to help moderate the effects, and it does so more or less, but I am nonetheless left stunned at how hard I am getting it today! Six days in, you say 4-5 more?

Yeah tramadol withdrawl is usually around 10 days but that's without Kratom. I have no idea what difference Kratom would make but a wild guess would be that it prolongs withdrawal, but maybe not

@Snafu in the Void would have more info most likely, so we'll see if he chimes in here when he's logged in

I’ve withdrawn from tramadol a number of times. It’s a different withdrawal than regular opioids because tramadol has antidepressant qualities to it, it also lasts longer in your system. So you’re withdrawing from an opioid & antidepressant at the same time. When I’ve withdrawn from other pain meds like Roxy/percs, Vicodin, dilaudid ect. the withdrawal usually peaks day 3 or 4 but with tramadol I noticed it usually peaks day 5 or 6 & then trails off for a number of days. Tramadol can actually be a pretty rough withdrawal. Keep going & it will get better eventually (but keep in mind it takes a while for sure & improves slowly … especially since you’ve been on it so long). Stay hydrated & take a multivitamin. If you can take anything that will help with anxiety & sleep then go for it. Kratom will help as much as it can, but you gotta decide how long you want to stay on that if you’re not using it as a replacement
Good luck 💜

Yeah tramadol withdrawl is usually around 10 days but that's without Kratom. I have no idea what difference Kratom would make but a wild guess would be that it prolongs withdrawal, but maybe not

@Snafu in the Void would have more info most likely, so we'll see if he chimes in here when he's logged in
Prolong? How, tramadol is far more portent, the kratom wears off almost entirely with 40-90 minutes! I've been taking just 10 grams a day, which ain't a whole lot, just 12-16 caps, four at a shot!

I’ve withdrawn from tramadol a number of times. It’s a different withdrawal than regular opioids because tramadol has antidepressant qualities to it, it also lasts longer in your system. So you’re withdrawing from an opioid & antidepressant at the same time. When I’ve withdrawn from other pain meds like Roxy/percs, Vicodin, dilaudid ect. the withdrawal usually peaks day 3 or 4 but with tramadol I noticed it usually peaks day 5 or 6 & then trails off for a number of days. Tramadol can actually be a pretty rough withdrawal. Keep going & it will get better eventually (but keep in mind it takes a while for sure & improves slowly … especially since you’ve been on it so long). Stay hydrated & take a multivitamin. If you can take anything that will help with anxiety & sleep then go for it. Kratom will help as much as it can, but you gotta decide how long you want to stay on that if you’re not using it as a replacement
Good luck 💜
I hate the shit, I was gonna stop it yesterday up until the wd kicked in harder, but I am not taking a whole lot of it, I can't see how it would make it worse. But I really do not know, I've just been eating it since Sunday, oh well.

I hate the shit, I was gonna stop it yesterday up until the wd kicked in harder, but I am not taking a whole lot of it, I can't see how it would make it worse. But I really do not know, I've just been eating it since Sunday, oh well.
Using it to get through the worst of the withdrawals won’t make it worse as long as you stop when it gets better. Oddly enough though if you go back to tramadol after taking kratom for a while it raises your tolerance to the tramadol. Which I don’t exactly know why since tramadol is stronger, I just know from experience

Using it to get through the worst of the withdrawals won’t make it worse as long as you stop when it gets better. Oddly enough though if you go back to tramadol after taking kratom for a while it raises your tolerance to the tramadol. Which I don’t exactly know why since tramadol is stronger, I just know from experience
I believe its due to a blocking mechanism of some kind, kratom has unusual chemistry....

I believe I might have arrived at a reason for the weird wd thing kicking in harder on day 5 & 6, I suspect its the ssri effect of the tramadol, its accompanied by a terrifying headache, and repeated anxiety attacks. I think the opioid portion of the wd was a a wrap by day 4, and that the ssri wd syndrome hadn't even kicked in until day 5! I suspect that is what snuck up on me, I didn't know that typically sudden cessation of an ssri can take up to 5 days to manifest the wd syndrome!

At any rate, I sure as shit hope its a wrap over the next two days, the headache alone is horrifying....