• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Tramadol - urine retention

Happens to me with any opiate I take, some more than others. Morphine does it horribly. It will pass, but in (lots of) time. Nothing to be worried about, you WILL urinate. Sometimes I find myself sitting on the toilet for several minutes and seriously having to concentrate VERY hard to go to the bathroom :| Be patient, haha.
. It's been 48 hrs since I took tramadol and I still can't pee I can pee but with very small amount ...should I be worried do I need to the hospital for catheterization

Ur good, anytime I do heroin or other high doses of opiates ill have to piss super bad and it feels like my bladder is gonna burst and i go to piss and it dribbles out, usually had to force it unless i feel like standing for 10 minutes, nodding out and pissing everywhere

. It's been 48 hrs since I took tramadol and I still can't pee I can pee but with very small amount ...should I be worried do I need to the hospital for catheterization
Yes go to the ER asap. Urinary retention can, in the worst case, result kidney failure, sepsis and it could tear your bladder.

If you're going then you should be ok. You might just be dehydrated. Get some fluids like Gatorade But if it doesn't improve in the next day or so I would get checked out

God this used to happen to me on heroin and on speed. With speed it was especially bad, the urine would come out in a weak ass stream and I'd feel like I was going to faint. I have so many horror stories about pissing. Anyway, I'm moving this to BDD.