• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Tramadol tolerance...!

doubleheadedeagle

Bluelighter
I dont know what to do I need help?

I was addicteded to 450mg codeine for almost 2 years now and switched to tramadol recently.

Since I switched I used to use 1grams and it is the 4th day and I dont feel a high...

What to do to get high again?

Aren't you the dude that had a seizure? I really suggest tappering off or moving to another opiate, your tolerance is as huge as mine was. you are risking your life as you already had a seizure on that dose.please take care. you really don't have access to a more safer option?

1gram of tramadol is more then double the dose that is said to cause seizures. You need to switch to another opiate because at this point tramadol isn't gonna do anything for you except increase the risk of you having a seizure.

I'm sorry but we don't allow "how do i get high" threads. I'm gonna leave this open for now.

Switch to any other opiate dude. hydromorphone, oxycodone... If you don't know where to get those then kratom or poppy tea. They are not going to kill you via seizure at least.

I checked the last thread which got closed and he is indeed the guy which had a seizure. I am sorry that your last thread got closed because of the flame fest the other guys did but this thread is really as falsifiedhypothesi said a "how do I get high" thread. So please stop doing harm to yourself with such high doses and seek for another option a more safer one, this one is not really worth the risks. as pickledlemons suggested oxy might be closer to what you are seeking, if you have access give it a try.

There is no way, OP....the fun with tram goes quickly and once it's gone, it's gone.

As another suggested above, switch to something like kratom. It works, it's legal, and it won't kill you.

GET OFF THE DAMN TRAMADOL. NOW.

-PA

Watch out.

Tramadol isn't prescribed to have more than 400mg taken per day, and it is NOT rare for people to have seizures at dosages that high. Perhaps you've been VERY lucky so far on your fourth day of this not to be seizing up from it.

As for the habit you've created, the good news is it shouldn't be too hard to get off of it: these aren't heavy opiods. I suggest that instead of trying to supplement one dependency with a dependency on ANOTHER drug. It's just a bad idea that will make this shit situation you're in MUCH worse.

Take a break from this use and break your habit. Think about this experience again before you decide to start using substances, and if you DO decide to begin again, be very cautious.

Good luck

^Well tramadol has a decent half life and it also works as an snri, so by no means is it an easy drug to come off CT, i know from experience. Tapering is easier due to the duration but with the seizure risk present it's probably best to just switch to another drug and taper.

It sounds like the OP isn't interested in quitting so the best suggestion would be to switch to a safer opioid.

Yeah I have taken tramadol since doses as high as 1gram everyday not had a seizure since. I asked the question but it was closed and could check BL for sometime. People are quick to jump to conclusions and call people names and put him down. I am getting a master degree in psychology and am one of my best students in collage. Have a job, relationship, saved the life of my sister by donating stem cells, and donate blood (even though contraversial due to my addiction) and beside all this I am addicted to opiates as a side thing as other people use drugs for diabetes. I asked for people like morpheus that commented on the last thread.

My reasoning is that due to tolerance, the seizure threshold increases. And sure it does. I took today 1gram with 800mg codeine and was fine, just high.

But I think I should switch to oxy, even though harder to get and more addictive

Well if you are hell bent on continuing to get high taking more tramadol is only going to leave you unsatified and cause you to take more to no avail.

If you are going to continue down this road it would be better to use an opiate with less threatening side effects.

There are some people that never have a seizure even after taking ridiculous amounts of tramadol for several months and there are people that take 250mg a few times a month and seize up. There's no telling how prone you are so it's best to just switch.

What is stopping you from switching to kratom OP? It is several orders of magnitude more safe and in my opinion more recreational. Though at this point even heroin would be safer.

I live in an isolated country south east Europe and can't get shippings through mail. My state is practically a jail.
I am scared of heroin and I know I should be scared by this hell of addiction I have. The only stronger opiate I can get is oxycodone methadone or straight morphine.

I dont know what to do, the worst part of my addiction is that it doesnt interfere with my daily life as much as my previous addictions on weed and benzos did.
I am fully functional, have a decent job and good grades. and this feeling that I am good is preventing me from not relapsing.
I have plantet some poppies and I think I will switch to tea this summer, hopefully quitting the pills.

We can't give you sourcing instructions but id say you have some pretty good advice from all these people. Either taper down to ~100mg then jump, cold turkey, or switch to the equivalent dose of another opiate.

Cold turkey will be at least a week long process and it will be painful, the most tramadol i've CT'd off was i think 700mg/day and that was one of the worst weeks of my life.

If i were in your shoes i would swap to a pharmaceutical opioid besides tram.

I live in an isolated country south east Europe and can't get shippings through mail. My state is practically a jail.
I am scared of heroin and I know I should be scared by this hell of addiction I have. The only stronger opiate I can get is oxycodone methadone or straight morphine.

I dont know what to do, the worst part of my addiction is that it doesnt interfere with my daily life as much as my previous addictions on weed and benzos did.
I am fully functional, have a decent job and good grades. and this feeling that I am good is preventing me from not relapsing.
I have plantet some poppies and I think I will switch to tea this summer, hopefully quitting the pills.

You can get methadone?? Why don't you switch to that? You only have to take it once a day to keep withdrawals away.

Yeaaah here where I live exists a free methadone program for heroin addicts. So i think the best bet is to do methadone. I am not touching tramadol ever again.