• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Tramadol Tolerance

Adam000

Greenlighter
I've been experiencing chronic pain for the first time in my life for over a month now. The doctors are prescribing Tramadol 50mg 4 x day. When I first started them I experienced a nice buzz after taking about 200mg (I followed dosing instructions I found on bluelight - first dose take 100mg the re-dose with 50mg every hour) which would last all day. But for the past week I am not experiencing any high. I think I've gone up to 300mg without feeling anything. Since I was taking more than prescribed I was out for a couple of days and I was hoping that would lower my tolerance if I had any, but still nothing after 250mg. I've tried potentiating with grapefruit juice, DM, cimetidine, which increased the effects in the beginning but noe since I haven;t been able to get high. One doctor prescribed hydrocodone and I was on that instead of tramadol for a little over a week. I'm wondering if I have built up a tolerance but it seems odd that I still didn't get high after taking more. Any suggestions on how to get back to the place where I had a nice fuzzy buzz all day? Thanks!