• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Tramadol Taper

nuffybus

Greenlighter
Looking for some input on a Tramadol taper. So over it. Current daily usage would be 1500mg of 50's stacked with 1200-1500mg of SR. To stay sharp we also add in 50-75mgm of dexamphetamine.Night time much tamer with a few Vals occasional Xanax combined with Klonopin Diphenhydramine and a couple of scoops of GABA. Tried several times to reduce down but just ended up increasing our numbers.Got a pharmacist helping out but he's not aware of the real numbers. Been pretty constant for 18mths-2yrs. Frustration has set in. It's me and my girl and we're both neck and neck numbers wise. Thinking cold turkey but that ship may have sailed. Any ideas on a timeframe and a realistic weekly taper??

oh man, 1.5gr of tramadol daily is too much, I had a habit of 750mg daily and really lowering the dose is very difficult for me, I tried to leave it in cold turkey but it failed once the painful stage passed, the depression really increases a lot when you stop Tramadol abruptly, I would say that if you really want to, try to go slow, can you go to 1000mg a few days? without using more than that amount, I would say that you can reduce 10% per week ... I would expect more response too

oh man, 1.5gr of tramadol daily is too much, I had a habit of 750mg daily and really lowering the dose is very difficult for me, I tried to leave it in cold turkey but it failed once the painful stage passed, the depression really increases a lot when you stop Tramadol abruptly, I would say that if you really want to, try to go slow, can you go to 1000mg a few days? without using more than that amount, I would say that you can reduce 10% per week ... I would expect more response too
He said he's taking 3000mg of tramadol a day (1500mg instant release and 1500mg slow release) and on top of that amphetamine with benzos at night. Damn. And apparently his girlfriend did the same? Jesus christ man I've never had a seizure but I can feel one coming on just thinking about that amount without benzos. I always started to feel shakey if I took tramadol above 500-600mg without a benzo. I hope you are okay @nuffybus I know it's been a long time since you posted this.

You should absolutely never cold turkey Tramadol hcl. The risk of seizure is very high at any doses over 400mg (with some people more predisposed to seizures with a lower threshold to begin with).

Looking for some input on a Tramadol taper. So over it. Current daily usage would be 1500mg of 50's stacked with 1200-1500mg of SR. To stay sharp we also add in 50-75mgm of dexamphetamine.Night time much tamer with a few Vals occasional Xanax combined with Klonopin Diphenhydramine and a couple of scoops of GABA. Tried several times to reduce down but just ended up increasing our numbers.Got a pharmacist helping out but he's not aware of the real numbers. Been pretty constant for 18mths-2yrs. Frustration has set in. It's me and my girl and we're both neck and neck numbers wise. Thinking cold turkey but that ship may have sailed. Any ideas on a timeframe and a realistic weekly taper??
If you're on the benzodiaz long term those should be enough to get you feeling normal after 3 days taking those as needed. Kolonopin being more effective for the brain. You could stop completely and take large doses of OTC acetaminophen or Tylenol. At night time use Tylenol pm. Hope this helps some its not as confusing as it seems if you do it the right way.

Or use amphetamines for a day or two you won't feel a thing. Dont tell everyone.