• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Tramadol, scared

A

AnonScared

My teeth were killing me and I had some leftover tramadol from the dog. They're 50 mg pills and I figured 2 for the large dog meant 5 would be OK for me and adult dosage said 250mg. After taking them I checked online and saw I had taken way too much. Not sure where I saw the 250 dosage now. I forced myself to throw up. Its been over 4 hours, I still feel light headed, sleepy, and a little nauseated but am I safe from OD at this point?

You will be fine. The most 250 mgs. would do is make you sick possibly.

Your just really high. Make sure you do your reserch next time, and also if you do suspect a possibly overdose always seek medical help

As everyone said, unless you feel like your going to have a seizure, you will be fine.Know your product. Tramadol, is Tramadol. Fair enough. The logic that led to your dosing, was very dangerous. The wrong person would have seized already. As many threads on here point out, one of the main side effects of Tramadol is its seizure activity. Different drugs in your system, poor health, genetic predisposition, can make this medicine a seizure provoking drug. Also want to point out that people have had seizures at lower then normally prescribed dosages. Look, harm reduction is key here. Part of harm reduction is education. For future reference, if you think you are having a medical emergency, call 911 or go to a hospital. Research anything you may do drug wise. Unless its K ;) leave animal medicine to animals, just because. Don't do quick math on drug dosages unless you know all the facts about your drug. Last, learn from what you have been advised here and apply it wherever else you can. You are on the road to harm reduction. Stay safe.

Last edited:
250mg of Tramadol when not taken with other drugs is pretty safe - the 'high' is pretty long lasting and can go from feeling stimulated to feeling relaxed to feeling sleepy. It is pretty common for people to feel hot, dizzy and even sick when they are not used to the drug.

250mg of Tramadol will not cause an overdose.

Don´t worry! Like others said - your´re safe! 250mg is in the range of a therapeutical dose. Ginger tea works wonders for the nausea :)

250mg of Tramadol when not taken with other drugs is pretty safe - the 'high' is pretty long lasting and can go from feeling stimulated to feeling relaxed to feeling sleepy. It is pretty common for people to feel hot, dizzy and even sick when they are not used to the drug.

250mg of Tramadol will not cause an overdose.

Yup it's fine alright. The Grand-Mal Seizure I suffered on 100mg was totally fine. I mean, I was only out for a couple of minutes face down on the floor until my partner found me shaking violently, bleeding from the mouth and with a dislocated shoulder.

I was told the same thing, totally safe under 400mg.

Theoretically most people are fine in that dosage range, but knowing what I know now and the resulting aftermath of 2 of those green and yellow capsules it is a drug to take with caution.

Of course I'm in the minority but please don't just say something is 'pretty safe' when it's quite clearly not.