• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Tramadol Reset Time?

colpeterson

Greenlighter
I've been taking a low dose of Tramadol, 50-100mg per day for about 4 months. I recently noticed it seems to be not doing anything for me anymore. It also happens to coincide with starting 150mg Wellbutrin. So I'm wondering what the reset time is on letting my body lose some of my maybe built up tolerance to the Tram, or maybe if Wellbutrin is causing the Tram to not be metabolized properly. Just through googling I found a thread on another forum saying that Wellbutrin binds to the same receptors. To quote:

"It's probably a pharmacokinetic interaction like UltraShy and jim_morrison pointed out. Wellbutrin / bupropion is a very strong inhibitor of the liver cytochrome P450 2D6 which converts tramadol to it's much more potent metabolite O-desmethyltramadol. So you get higher blood levels of the pretty weak tramadol and much lower levels of it's active metabolite."

Welcome to BL colpeterson!

Suggest you speak to your doctor or any medical support. 50-100 mg once a day is not that bad.
And it's normal to experience tolerance. Since this seems to be manageable, think of other options.
But you need to deal with it accordingly. Do you think you could or should stop Tramadol by now?

Welcome to BL colpeterson!

Suggest you speak to your doctor or any medical support. 50-100 mg once a day is not that bad.
And it's normal to experience tolerance. Since this seems to be manageable, think of other options.
But you need to deal with it accordingly. Do you think you could or should stop Tramadol by now?

Thanks, Erikmen! I've been off the Tram for about 4 days now with no significant withdrawal to speak of except some minor depressive type feelings and little anxiety. The Tramadol was prescribed to help manage my back pain and it really did a great job of doing that. My other option was a stronger opiod like Hydrocodone which I really prefer to avoid. The other thing I really liked about Tramadol is it totally eradicated my anxiety and general depression instantly while also never giving me a "high" feeling. Just a sense of well being and a positive attitude with lots of energy. So I think it's really a great drug for me but I need to find a better way to manage by intake so I don't run up a tolerance because frankly going to higher doses is not something I'd be excited about considering. I'm going to stop the Wellbutrin for now and give it another week off Tram and see if maybe that lets it work itself out.