Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tramadol + Psychedelics

Material541

Bluelighter
Hello,
I am wondering if there is any particular danger when combining tramadol with psychedelics, specifically tryptamines such as 4-AcO-DMT. I searched the forum and have found a couple of posts saying that it is not a good idea to mix tramadol with LSD in particular (such as http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showpost.php?p=7705929&postcount=3).

Tramadol is excellent in reducing my anxiety, and I want to take a dose of perhaps 50 or 100mg about 5 hours before dosing 4-AcO-DMT (it takes about 2-3 hours for me to even begin to feel the tramadol).

From what I understand, tramadol shouldn't have any adverse interactions with 4-AcO-DMT. Am I correct in this assumption?

Thanks!

I am perscribed tramdol and take it daily for chronic pain; I have done mushrooms many times since I've been on it with no bad interacrions. Since 4aco-dmt converts to psilocin I would think you should be fine.

I would not say it is safe to assume it can't have an adverse reaction. The fact that phenethylo has not had one is not proof of safety. Perhaps it appears as anecdotal evidence for some safety margin but who is to say how big that margin is?

In my subjective experience tramadol is a little bit weird and should not be messed with.

If you proceed you could be fine like phenethylo, but you could also get a similar reaction as Shambles, there is that chance.

I had taken like one tramadol really early in the day once and took some L later that night and ended up getting symptoms of ss syndrome. Was super nauseous no matter which way i laid down or sat, and was sweating really really bad, it was sticky too. Very bad experience.

yep lsd and taking my dose of tramadols as a trip was coming down (or so i thought) was anxiety inducing and really horrible. i was wound up really intense and couldn't relax and was overheating (although it was summer), and stressing out in a huge way

Thanks, guys. From what I am reading, it looks like particularly LSD has bad interactions with tramadol. I think I will play it on the safe side and not combine tramadol with 4-AcO-DMT like I had been wanting to do.

Am really interested in reading more experiences about the combination of tramadol and psychedelica ...

Am not a chornic user but once/twice a week i like taking ~150mg of tramadol + 50mg tetrazepam because of tension pain in my back and neck.

Because of the easing effects i often like to take some low-dose psychedelics like 2cb/2ce or shrooms/4-ho-met or the like but seldomly do it, because of being frightened regarding a serotonin syndom or the like ...

What are your experiences with combination like them i listed or similar ones?

Can't believe the few already posted are the only ones in this huge community ...

anima