• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Tramadol potentiation

trippieh3lix

Bluelighter
Is there anything that I can use that's not overly complicated and doesn't involve any other drugs to potentiate?

I read somewhere a while ago on here that calcium chews/tums help.. as well as fatty foods and caffeine. I always notice when I vape it helps enhance the euphoria for a bit. I'm currently taking 125 mg's a night. I take 50mg an hour apart (50mg's I take on an empty stomach) from the other 75 mg (that I take 10 minutes before food).

Is there a way to potentiate the drug without taking more, and somewhat safely? I've read some dangerous things about drinking grapefruit juice with trams but figured I'd ask. People here seem pretty educated.

nothing you can really take without adding in something like hydroxyzine(better than benadryl) or cimetidine HCl for example
and GFJ wont help unless its a benzo or something

I'd assume any CNS depressant would potentiate it, caffeine sounds like it will make your comedown awful because of tramadols serotonergic effects (but maybe I'm just paranoid).

nothing you can really take without adding in something like hydroxyzine(better than benadryl) or cimetidine HCl for example
and GFJ wont help unless its a benzo or something

CYP2D6 inhibitors like cimetidine or hydroxyzine will weaken the opioid effects of taking tramadol by preventing the metabolism of tramadol to O-desmethyltramadol, and will increase the stimulant/serotonergic effects of taking tramadol by keeping unmetabolized tramadol in your system for longer.

Common tramadol potentiators are gabapentin, lyrica, and soma.

Best way to do it.

Take 400mg of tagamet (cimetidine) 45 mins before the tramadol
Also take a small amoung of dxm (30-50 mg) 45 mins before
Take two benadryl 20 mins before along with 2 tums

Eat the tramadol

About 15 minutes after ingestion, eat a meal...

This routine has always helped me get the most out of my tramadol/other opiate. Safe travels. Respect the drug.

^Do you not read the posts of others before posting your own? Why is that the ideal way of potentiating tramadol (not other opioids), and include some basic pharmacological reasoning if you want to backup your claims. I'm calling out misinformation in general, not you personally, seahawks.

I've been taking trams for years. Here's my experience. Eating will ruin a tram buzz. Redosing every 2-3 hours helps, but all at once gives that little kick so you can guess which one I prefer. Trams make it hard to pee. Once in a while they make me super sleepy. They help with mild pain only. I have two broken legs from a car accident Feb ,,2017 and I only get trams, Lyrica, and sometimes Tylenol 3. Soon trams will be the most I can get in Ohio