• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Tramadol - not working for pain Alternatives?

Well, I was just saying....

Ironically, when I was able to enjoy tramadol, I got nothing from codeine.

I'd take 400mg of tramadol over 10mg of hydrocodone any day. Everybody is different.

I enjoyed tramadol's stimulating pro-work, pro-cleaning effects. I also got these effects from good heroin though too and heroin isn't an SNRI. So I doubt it was just the AD properties of tramadol that I enjoyed. It's metabolite is definitely active and long lasting. Though if you've been using heroin or stronger opioids, or lack the enzyme, then it is most likely gonna feel worthless.

Well, I was just saying....

Ironically, when I was able to enjoy tramadol, I got nothing from codeine.

I'd take 400mg of tramadol over 10mg of hydrocodone any day. Everybody is different.

I enjoyed tramadol's stimulating pro-work, pro-cleaning effects. I also got these effects from good heroin though too and heroin isn't an SNRI. So I doubt it was just the AD properties of tramadol that I enjoyed. It's metabolite is definitely active and long lasting. Though if you've been using heroin or stronger opioids, or lack the enzyme, then it is most likely gonna feel worthless.
O Desmethyltramadol is a relatively strong opioid I know that.I enjoy codeine when i first starting using drugs before many years and at a time that I was in tram circle i have pass through much stronger stuff indeed.

Do narcotics, worry about tomorrow when it comes....fuck it, everyone is on pills....can't beat em
Goodluck

So I doubt it was just the AD properties of tramadol that I enjoyed. It's metabolite is definitely active and long lasting. Though if you've been using heroin or stronger opioids, or lack the enzyme, then it is most likely gonna feel worthless.
Did you ever take venlafaxine? It's tramadol minus the O-DSMT metabolite - at least so thought until they found out that mu opioid knockout mice didn't get the antidepressant effect (and that it has a withdrawal syndrome which isn't too far off morphine including diarrhea and sweating etc but these symptoms are pretty generic).. So venlafaxine is kinda a hybrid SNRI and weak opioid and tramadol just puts real mu agonism on top - BUT it was found that the metabolite isn't even necessary for it to work, on a study there was no difference in efficacy between CYP2D6 (the responsable enzyme for metabolizing in O-DSMT) poor and extensive metabolizer; the former will get only a fraction of O-DSMT, so in them tram should be weaker but it isn't. The metabolite is necessary for the high feeling, but not the analgesia. Weird.

Did you ever take venlafaxine? It's tramadol minus the O-DSMT metabolite - at least so thought until they found out that mu opioid knockout mice didn't get the antidepressant effect (and that it has a withdrawal syndrome which isn't too far off morphine including diarrhea and sweating etc but these symptoms are pretty generic).. So venlafaxine is kinda a hybrid SNRI and weak opioid and tramadol just puts real mu agonism on top - BUT it was found that the metabolite isn't even necessary for it to work, on a study there was no difference in efficacy between CYP2D6 (the responsable enzyme for metabolizing in O-DSMT) poor and extensive metabolizer; the former will get only a fraction of O-DSMT, so in them tram should be weaker but it isn't. The metabolite is necessary for the high feeling, but not the analgesia. Weird.
Interesting!

Yes, I have tried venlafaxine twice, each time for about a year.

The first time around it made me manic, I think.

The second time around it did nothing but give me side effects unfortunately. Especially nausea, dulled feelings, sweating, insomnia, etc..So I stopped it.
I was hoping the second time around it would feel similar to tramadol but unfortunately they felt nothing alike for me.

This post is a bit old, but I thought I would drop in and explain why doctors do the things they do. I Am a Retired Political Scientist (PhD) but I do have some training and experience teaching health care policy. I have also had a great deal of experience with doctors and was engaged to an OBGYN for 3 years. Basically this thread is positing that doctors are uncaring people who are more bad than good.

I will be blunt and simplistic: There is a great deal of truth to the above view: Doctors do not start off as bad people, but the system grinds them down to the point that they do, in effect, become bad people. It is a bit of an oversimplification, but the bottom line comes down to money, retaining ones license vs patient suffering. Again I want to emphasize that the system is brutal on doctors....and that brutality turns them into people who are going to choose their license over ending your suffering. It would be wonderful for a doctor to say "screw the medical establishment, and screw politicians I am going to do what is right for my patients and risk losing my license." However that reality is analogous to a snowballs chance in hell.

Tramadol is ok if you’re opioid nieve

oral Morphine 10mg is ok I guess, but still shit, unless injection

Oxycodone IR is the TRUE gold standard in analgesic properties
Hydromorphone (Dilaudid) is Boss
Diamorphine is holy grail
Methadone is amazing for long term chronic pain …potent as F@ck and long lasting

I try and warn people off tramadol as often as possible simply because an overdose is likely to lead to seizures. It did for me. Never had a seizure until tramadol.

Kratom is a better pain reliever.

Tramadol is ok if you’re opioid nieve

oral Morphine 10mg is ok I guess, but still shit, unless injection

Oxycodone IR is the TRUE gold standard in analgesic properties
Hydromorphone (Dilaudid) is Boss
Diamorphine is holy grail
Methadone is amazing for long term chronic pain …potent as F@ck and long lasting
Wish i could try dilaudid,but it's not available here.Oxycodone pure never tried also.only targins,which are oxycontine plus naloxone in ratio 2:1
Don't impress me at all.Diamorphine could be "holy grail"indeed.Methadone is strong and very lasting,but not from my favorites forsure...but almost only available opioid in the black market

I try and warn people off tramadol as often as possible simply because an overdose is likely to lead to seizures. It did for me. Never had a seizure until tramadol.

Kratom is a better pain reliever.
Yes, I get excellent pain relief from Kratom. Use it 3-4 times a week with no problems yet.

Tramadol has a moderate mood boost/anti depressant effect, SERT & NET affinity in addition to an Mu opioid receptor agonist

I remember enjoying them when I was younger, well before Oxycodone blew my freaking mind with warm euphoric bliss & pleasurable content.

Oxy-IR & Ritalin 40mg IR with a strong Jin cocktail 🍸 ….such a treat

Yesterday was great...I trained like an animal with no pain. Today was the opposite...hard core gym session, but everything hurts. It is/was so bad I had trouble walking. It was my wife's birthday and I did not have the opportunity to take any Kratom (I have to pack it in pills or make a shake) so I took a Tramadol, first time in about 6-7 weeks.

I did not get the relief I do with Kratom, and 3 hours later took another one. Feeling a bit better now, but I know I will be getting Sh$tty sleep tonight.