View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tramadol + LSD

w0nky

Greenlighter
i have been looking for the answer to this for a bit and I can't seem to find it anywhere

Basically, I have been prescribed to take tramadol (2x50mg) twice a day.
However, I plan on dosing LSD this coming Friday
When should I stop taking the tramadol so I don't feel diminished effects
Or will it have no effect providing I don't dose the lsd within hours of taking the tramadol ?

i have been looking for the answer to this for a bit and I can't seem to find it anywhere

Basically, I have been prescribed to take tramadol (2x50mg) twice a day.
However, I plan on dosing LSD this coming Friday
When should I stop taking the tramadol so I don't feel diminished effects
Or will it have no effect providing I don't dose the lsd within hours of taking the tramadol ?
There are a number of anectodal reports of coadministered tramadol and psychedelics causing serotonin syndrome-like symptoms. Even if you didn't get SS - which is NO fun and potentially fatal - it would probably dull your trip noticeably because tramadol decreases binding at 5-HT2a.

How long would I have to stop dosing tramadol before taking lsd?

don't do it. shambles, a member here had a really bad and painful experience with lsd and tramadol combined.

I'd probably leave a couple of days in between with those doses.

And yes, what Shambles went through sounded absolutely horrible. Err on the side of caution, better a day of waiting extra than having your trip negatively affected.

Half life is 6hours so if you've only just started I'd say 2days without is enough. If you're administering longer I would wait for a week.