• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Tramadol+Kratom+heroin withdrawal

beyondwithin

Greenlighter
I'm starting to go into withdrawal from a pretty bad dope habit(1-1.5g bth a day 4+ years), but I have 11 tramadol leftover from an rx, a ton of kratom, and some klonopin that I'm hoping to use to get thru the worst of my wds. The problem being that both the kratom alone and the trams barely take the edge off(ceiling effect?), even with a good amount of klons. So my question is whether or not it'd be safe to combine kratom and tramadol, being the effect they both have on serotonin, to help me get thru the worst of being sick. And btw, I've been around the block a few times I'm not just being a bitch, I'm not wanting to feel 100%, but I have fibromyalgia, back/neck problems, and arthritis so I need some pain relief during wds. Thanks

I've heard from both sides about whether or not kratom affects serotonin so I'm not sure what to believe. I have however combined the two many many times and never had any problems. I keep the tramadol to under 200mg though with 50mg-100mg being the most common.

I believe tramadol and kratom both have SNRI properties, that is what is responsible for the stimulation. tramadol is the one I'd worry about more in terms of serotonin syndrome and seizure.
Assuming you know your body and tolerance it should not be an issue to combine and I'd imagine they will synergize nicely. the clonazepam will take the edge off and help to protect against seizure or SS.

If you do combine, I would lower the dose of tramadol at least to begin with. better safe than sorry.

if you are in a position to seek medical assistance, I believe that is the best option however.