• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Tramadol - how to deal with it?

Tupajumi

Greenlighter
Hello! Ive been on tramadols 3-4 years now 150mg depot morning and 150mg evening. But i have started to get sick every morning i feel bad and my stoumach hurts i believe becouse tramadol is wearing down. Today my doctor called and she gave me lots of fast release 50mg pills for mornings and maybe evening too becouse the description says 1-2 daily on top of 300mg retard. I suppse im gonna feel better now cheers, but now im at maxium 400mg daily dosage. I need them for my backpain but im only 29 yo what are the longterm effects? Im gonna keep using it becouse i hate the pain and tramadol makes me happier and more normal but i fear for my health and tolerance will catch up even 400mg daily dosage? The 50mg pills are quite potent but wont last for long. If they stop working i dunno what to do. I get withdrawls even on medication and if i stop cold turkey its suffering in its purest meaning. It may even be imposible at this point. Any thoughts about backpain and tramadols? Am i married to this drug for the rest of my life. Ive been losing weight as my doctor told me but the pain has only got worse and im at my coal very soon which is 100kg. Thanks for reading my horrible english :)

Yo, first of all I was addicted to tramadol for at least 4-5 years in the past. Your tolerance will only build up, and the pain killing effects will lessen more and more. The longterm side effects are of course addiction aka the risk of going into full blown withdrawal everytime you run out, some muscle spasms and all kind of body part twitching ( neuro damage I suppose ), you can get kind of bipolar due to it's ssnri properties, like not get the actual bipolar disorder but your mood won't be very stable and all this emotional distress from chemical inbalance in your brain is not healthy at all for you, the more pills you take the more damage you do to your stomach and liver. As doctors prescribe tramadol because is "less" addictive ( I find it veeeery addictive,as addictive as the classic opioids/opiates), considering the fact that you already are addicted I would suggest to move to a more classic opiate for the following reasons : 1. Tramadol is an opioid with ssri/ssrni properties so you have 2 categories of damage you will suffer. 2. Moving to a new alternative which consists of a stronger opioid would result in taking small dosages and less pills so => less damage to the stomach 3. 400 mg is not the maximum dosage, and when your actual dosage won't work be sure that your doctor will up your dosage even more = > faaar greater risk of seizure. Can't you do some kinetotherapy or something similar which does not involve opiates? anyway if you need more information feel free to ask and WELCOME TO BLUELIGHT!

Thanks for sharing your experience and information. I allready noticed my mood is tighly tied to how much tramadol i have in me. If im a day without i became very angry and mean. And i notice it everyday when my levels are lowering Even now my first 50mg is worning out and i took new one and later i will take 150mg depot. I dont like mood changes i used to be calm. And atm i have gigantic weed addiction i smoke several g's a day but the problem will soon solve itself when i dont have acces to cheap pot anymore.

I noticed alcohol make it super poisonous i never drink for getting drunk but last birthday i forced 0.7 vodka down and almoust died next moring. The puking and ass leaking didnt stop even i was dryed out and had noting to puke. I was feared of death and later feared of not dieng thats how i felt. Younger when i was drug free i didnt feel like that. Tramadol must mix with alcohol to really punish your body and brain.

Tramadols work best for my pain and give somewhat euphoric and good mood. And gives energy. I have add so im challenged and tired person aswell lol. These 50s feel dangerous as they work fast and good so they are tempting for misuse. Also i have to fight the addiction and accept there are boring and bad days not to accelarate my tramadol tolerance if my pain is tolerable. Maybe i need to try to take breakes every now and then to keep the tolerance lower and drug working.

I understand the pain part but the second part with euphoria,good mood and energy will lead you to such a chaos as it led me. It became for me like a coffee,an energizer, I got to the point where if I had to do something I could do it only on tramadol, even going for a walk, I had no energy to do it without them. I used to smoke a lot of weed on it too, my theory is that as they synergize veeeery nicely as it kills the anxiety and paranoia from weed and makes the euphoria and nodding from tramadol muuuuch more enjoyable and stronger, it tends to lead us to a kind of psychological addiction to this combo too. If you have access to cheap pot, did you try a higher dose of weed for the pain? Like don't take your tramadol when you are in pain and smoke a big big fat joint and see if that helps you. It might be a healthier alternative. But anyway until you figure out how to deal with the pain and life in general without any tramadol at all, try to minimise the harm as much as you can ( for example: eat healthy, 3 times a day, do some exercising like walking or anything like it, be productive ) As for the mood swings, it will not turn better until you quit for good and even after that you need months in order to reajust your brain. I used to be calm just like you but with tramadol I would switch from crying to laughing to hating to loving in 3 seconds.

Yes taking breaks as often as you can is important if you can do so. It'll help in keeping tolerance down.

You also want to make sure that you are taking the lowest effective dose possible. It would be awesome to be pain free all day everyday but this isn't practical because tolerance would grow out of control if you tried to do so. Best is to take just enough so that the pain is manageable, not completely eliminated. Doing so will slow the progression of tolerance build up.

You can also discuss alternatives with your doctor. Stuff you can take or things you can do to help with the pain so that you don't have to rely on the tramadol as much.

Yeah MDPV is right, and taking in consideration that you already have 3-4 years on it, really look for an alternative before it is not too late. It would be a bummer to live on opiates all your life. Until then please take in consideration our advice and only take enough until the pain is manageable.

I was prescribed tramadol for a period of 9 months, as a "safe alternative" to opioids (which I've never had any issues with). Ive taken opioids on and off my whole life for recurring stomach issues. I may be one of the fortunate people who only go through a mild, half day withdrawal from opioids. and Im talking 60mg daily. I have NEVER had such bad withdrawal as i did from tramadol. Of course the doctor didn't believe me because its supposed to be "non additive" but the problem wasn't physical addiction. Its from the SSRI effectors in the chemistry. I believe this was originally tested as an antidepressant and people probably reported mild pain relief (which happens with a lot of anti depressants).

I believe thats how tramadol made it to the market as an "alternative" to opioids, but it is not safe. I noticed within a month of taking it how amazing i felt, psychologically. It gave me energy and i was always in a pretty good mood. I never thought too much about it. My withdrawals were the stuff nightmares are made of. The worst of the worst. No sleep for almost 4 nights, sweats and chills, pain in my body and brain zaps. It took about a month for it to totally be gone. I can tell you this. STOP TAKING IT! and i don't meant immediately. PLEASE taper off, 1-3mg a day. no more!. you will feel withdrawals but they will be NOTHING compared to the day you find yourself with no script, or the doctor cuts you off.. They don't understand and will have ZERO sympathy for you. Please look after yourself and start getting off of it. please let me know if you have any questions i can help you with. please take care

If Tramadol is going to work in easing my pain, when should I know it. In other words, how long will it take to take effect, once the last Sub is taken(8mgs a day).

My concern is that it is not going to be effective for pain control and therefore no reason for me to take a chance. Although, I really am not that concerned. There is a huge difference between wanting to take a drug and needing to take a drug. I had hernia surgery last Dec. I took hydros in place of Sub a few days prior and Percocet a few days afterwards. I have not given those a thought since.

I haven?t taken the time to read everyone else?s comments but I will say quick and simple that I?ve seen a lot of people go into seizures because of tramadol and as good as it feels, after a while it goes away and I would stay clear or that stuff. Please find an alternative route I know it?s hard but at least look into to the consideration.

Tramadol with the time will not works for you and then the doctors give you stronger opiates