• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Tramadol helping lots with painkiller w/ds

justdifferent

Greenlighter
Hi,as mentioned in earlier threads, I've been worried about weaning off Tapentadol (Nucynta/Palexia). Well in the end I decided "bugger the weaning" and just kept taking usual amount (200-300 mgs per day). Ran out yesterday, but took care to lay in some Tramadol, which is a lot easier to get. Must say that Tramadol seems to have kept all physical w/d symptoms away - no nausea, no diarrhoea, not so much as a runny nose.
On the other hand I am definitely missing the stronger pain relief. Tramadol gives me a tiny lift mood-wise but does bugger all for serious pain...

That's great news. It used to work for me too for H withdrawal till it started causing really bad and long lasting nausea. I thought that it was just a one time issue but after that initial experience, every time that I took Tramadol, I got sick. I got so sad and mad because before it was a very helpful medicine for opiate withdrawal with the extra antidepressant effect then suddenly it became a medication which I couldn't even take 150mg without feeling sick.

That's great news. It used to work for me too for H withdrawal till it started causing really bad and long lasting nausea. I thought that it was just a one time issue but after that initial experience, every time that I took Tramadol, I got sick. I got so sad and mad because before it was a very helpful medicine for opiate withdrawal with the extra antidepressant effect then suddenly it became a medication which I couldn't even take 150mg without feeling sick.
[/QUOT
That's bad luck! I wonder what happened to make you go "allergic ", as it were? Because people are usually either loving or hating Tramadol, in my experience, with a few for whom it has no effect at all. But I've never met a person who was okay with it, then suddenly not ok.
Anyway I'm pleased that at least in my case, it's kept the horrors at bay!

They have started using extended-release tramadol as an methadone alternative in Austria, Germany, and Switzerland, and I think they are considering it in Croatia, Slovenia, Serbia and Bulgaria, probably amongst other places. And tramadol for tapentadol withdrawal of course is probably the most effective.