• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Tramadol Help with Opiate WD's

kunmo

Bluelighter
Anyone else think or have experinece using Tramadol with Opiate WD's.... I find that a decent amt of tramadol taken with gabapentin can pretty much eliminate WD's from any opiate.

Anyone else?

i have no idea. how exactly does tramadol relate to opiates? ive heard that it is one, that it isnt, that its a partial opiate like bupe. im not sure. sorry

Tramadol hits the opiate receptor but has a variety of other effects too, among them being a SNRI.

yes this works, I've used it to come off of up to 60mg of insuffulated oxymorphone/ day (equal to about 280mg Morphine IV, nearly a gram of oral morphine or 300mg of OC)

careful because Tramadol has its own W/D's not just as an opiate but as an SNRI as well.
It can cause seizures in doses above 400mg.

Im only planning on using it for about a week till i can reup. Im pretty experienced with tramadol so i dose about 600MG a day plus about 3G's of gabapentin a day to hold off the opiate WD's. i doubt ill experience any WD's from the tramadol because im only gonna need it for about 6-8 days. Im away of the 400MG suggested limit but i have to go over that amt to experience the relief needed.

rxking377

:):)
Anyone else think or have experinece using Tramadol with Opiate WD's.... I find that a decent amt of tramadol taken with gabapentin can pretty much eliminate WD's from any opiate.

Anyone else?
yes it very much so does i have taken 400 mils a day for 10 years and it is by far the best drug to keep from detoxing from opiates, in my opinion even better than methadone or soboxone if i have my trams i need no other meds for my back injuries maybe mix it with a little valium for the nausea if needed

Last edited:
rxking377

:):)

Anyone else?
yes it very much so does i have taken 400 mils a day for 10 years and it is by far the best drug to keep from detoxing from opiates, in my opinion even better than methadone or soboxone if i have my trams i need no other meds for my back injuries

Im only planning on using it for about a week till i can reup. Im pretty experienced with tramadol so i dose about 600MG a day plus about 3G's of gabapentin a day to hold off the opiate WD's. i doubt ill experience any WD's from the tramadol because im only gonna need it for about 6-8 days. Im away of the 400MG suggested limit but i have to go over that amt to experience the relief needed.

yeah, i've gone above 400mg, actually up to 800 but I WOULD NOT SUGGEST THAT ANYONE DO THIS. I cannot emphasize this enough, if you do have a sizure, it can result in seratonin syndrome, permanent brain damage, and lifetime CNS problems.

If you are going to i would highly suggest using anti-convulsants such as benzos or gapabentin/ lyrica as you said.

Yes, Tramadol does help with the withdrawal symptoms of opiates. You'll need to take about 400mg though if you are trying to help the withdrawals from the more potent ones. Gabapentin can be helpful also.

Ya like i said... i take 200MG of Tramadol with 1.2G of Gabapentin 3 times daily and it usually hold me all day and i can def get some sleep. I have to wake up early take the dosages and go back to sleep that way i experience no WD's symptoms. I am using this daily to keep of the Hydromorphone WD's. Thanks for all your replies. I know going over the 400MG limit is abd but like i said i have experience with it and thus far no bad results (knock on wood) but thats why i mix so much Gabapentin with it to help with ther seizure threshold and because gabapentin it self helps with the WD's... i add some xanax when i have it to the mix and usaully drink a few beers at night to pass out.

Thanks again!

I think gabapentin(neurontin)is great for withdrawls.but be careful with dosing everyday,since you gain a tolerance very quickly.When I took it for withdrawls 300-600mg the first day kept the withdrawls symptoms at bay.and gave me a nice body high.But after a fewdays I needed prob between 1200-3600mg to feel the high.But youdont need that much to keep the withdrawls away.as for tramadol,I will use it for withdrawls but I think neurontin is better.Another benefit to using neurontin on tip of tramadol is to lower the seizure threshold.

at 100mg the SNRI effect with balance nicely with the opiod effect. but id u take more it will become uncomfertable & stimulating.

so the best thing to do to get the best opiod effect. is to dose 100mg. & than 50mg every hr or so. Im not sure of the perfect intervals.

I read this somewhere (i cant remeber where) so it may not be true but in the past when ive spread my tramadol out it keeps it at a more sedating level (unless u want a strong SNRI effect) but i think 100mg snri effect is just right.

I'd suggest 150mg followed by 50mg every 4 hours. Make sure you don't exceed 400mg in a 24 hour period. The 150mg should help you in the morning with the awful pain that presents itself after haven slept. 50mg should keep you on an even level. Depending on your previous tolerance it may not kill all of the pain but it should keep it from being debilitating.

Gabapentin is good for withdrawals. Pregabalin is great for withdrawals. A dose of 450mg should be able to keep most of the withdrawals at bay all day. Higher doses like this last about 12-24 hours. Sometimes you'll wake up in the morning and still feel it. Doses around 150-300mg should last about 6-8 hours so they need to be repeated. A good solid 450mg will last very long and you may feel high. As one of the side effects of pregabalin one of them is "a feeling of being 'high'" and it says if you experience this 'consult your doctor' lol

yeah, i've gone above 400mg, actually up to 800 but I WOULD NOT SUGGEST THAT ANYONE DO THIS. I cannot emphasize this enough, if you do have a sizure, it can result in seratonin syndrome, permanent brain damage, and lifetime CNS problems.

If you are going to i would highly suggest using anti-convulsants such as benzos or gapabentin/ lyrica as you said.
This is obviously a very old thread, but I just want to ask something. Aren't most tramadol induced seizures self-limiting, meaning they do no cause any type of brain damage? Status-epilepticus causes brain damage but I'm under the impression that most seizures from tramadol are not this kind. Nearly every person that has said they had a seizure from tramadol never reported any brain damage after.

Tramadol is about as potent as Codeine so if you've got a hefty tolerance obtained from say Oxycodone/Morphine then you're gonna need to take the full daily dose of 400mg in order to keep your WDs at bay. If you find your self needing to take more than 400mg then I'd strongly recommend you bring a benzo on board cos Tramadol tends to lower the seizure threshold with it's SNRI activity.

Tramadol works well, what works better is going from bupe to tramadol to kratom, can pretty much eliminate wd completly aside from that first 15hr for induction, unfortunately the kratom is east to get carried away with

Be careful with the Ultram/Tramadol. It is a weaker drug but can still cause major issues. I took some for a kidney stone. It gave me a good buzz as a side effect, so I kept taking 4 a day….then everyone knows how it goes from there….soon 4 wasn’t enough…in the end I was taking 21 50mg pills a day. Ordering 180 at a time off the internet. Then…oops, I got pregnant, I wanted off it, Dr. sent me to methadone clinic, they put me on Methadone. Now I-am stuck on 95 mg of methadone.