• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Tramadol - Hard on body?

LaurieTab

Greenlighter
**(before you read this, please understand that I do realize dangers of taking tramadol at high doses, including lowering my threshold for seizures, and that tramadol withdrawal is often more intense than opiate withdrawal. And I do know that it is ridiculous and incredibly irresponsible)

Hello all, I apologize if this is the incorrect place to post about this.

I have been taking opiates (roxy, lortab, percocet) heavily for about 2 years, I have ran out and gone through WDs more times than I can count during that time..

I have cut back to 300MG percocet (roxy) daily. I try to stay away from lortab, lorcet, and anything with APAP since the dose I take would involve an absurd amount. Even norco wouldn't be a good idea.

That being said, I ran out about 3 days ago. I have a perscriptio of Tramadol that I have had for about a year which I had not used until I started WDs. My question and concern is does tramadol have any negative effects on your body similar to APAP at high doses? I am taking nearly a gram (16x50mg) in the morning to function at work until I re-up this thursday.

Again, I know this is incredibly stupid, to go past 400MG a day isn't smart.

Thank you for your time, and I appreciate any answers.

Max recomended dose for person w/no tolerance (ie.you) is 150mg.I personally have been on 100mg 3x a day for years. Yes, it has a high toxicity level so I would not go over 300mgs. Max listed to be prescribe ever.
Now, with that being said you much be itchy as could be. Ands how's about the creepy clawlies all over your face?
Been where you are and done that.
2 tram. 50mg tabs, 400mg ibprofren, 25 mg ephedrine sulfate (bronk-aid) and a five hour energy xtra strengh. That should help all the way around w/wd's. Sorry u there right now , I have too. Tram with stop the kicking and restless body feeling, ib will help u regulate your temp, ephedrine will speed up your hear rate as to not feel as hit by a bus or the like you got the flu, caffine will also make it have a thermogenic effect. Killin any appatite and help you to not be sick. Just don't drink on this as it does thin the blood and increase heart rate. Do this three times a day. at night take two unisom xstrengh to slow u back down along with 6mg melitonin to prepare ur receptors in your brain for sleep. Wd's messes them all up. They can't interprate signals while detoxing. The endocrine system stop producing these while it was get hyperstimulation from thee opiates . It won't take it away but def will allow u to fuction w/out feeling sooooo bad.

Welcome to Bluelight! :)

Please take the advice of other and don't take more of a specific medication than recommended at the max safe level. I chick i went to rehab with was on 1000mgs of methadone and had to get a pace maker put in because of how fucked up her heart got from that dose of done. I know it's a different drug, but just an example of what can happen when you take more of a substance than is deemed safe.

A gram of methadone in a single dose, or?

Seems like dosing a gram of methadone would have the same effect as cyanide.

To the OP and anyone else,
I thought I had read here on BL that 400mg's of Tramadol puts one at a real risk for a seizure, and doses above 400mgs don't provide a strong enough increase in pleasurable effects to warrant taking such a dose...
What does anyone think, or better yet, know from experience, about the risks versus rewards of taking over 400mgs of Tramadol

Yes I have also hear that high doses of tramadol puts people at seizure risk. I thought there was a ceiling effect for tramadol I could be wrong. Also if you are any SSRI's the risk is about a 10 fold for serotonin syndrome especially at high doses. I personally cant stand it and have never been able to get buzz or get well from them.

A gram of methadone in a single dose, or?

Seems like dosing a gram of methadone would have the same effect as cyanide.

If I recall correctly it was just under a gram, somewhere between 900-1000mgs but i didn't ask if she was taking it all at once, or in separate doses through the day or what. All I know is it significantly fucked up her heart causing her to need a pacemaker, and she gained like 200-300 pounds. Needless to say she sued the doctor who kept upping her dose and one.

Beats the fuck out of me why she would take something just because it's prescribed though - no body could EVER possibly need that much methadone. Not to mention she used heroin for like a week before being put on it - no joke - the doctor just kept upping her dose periodically.

Anything more than 100mg of tram. @ a single dose according to both research and my rheumalologist is usless. Not more bang for your buck if that is what ur asking. As far as getting "well" from the wd's that's not going to happen unless u have subs and that will only help til you run out of them too. Therefor the above concoction really only minimizes the wd symptoms enough to help one function. The ONLY way to get well is when we want it more than than the opiates. The brain is a funny thing. So much going on up there. Yes serotonin syndrome is very real and NO JOKE! Also siezures are a huge risk w/tramadol. This cncoction oly helps because you are treating the symptoms of wd not actually the withdrawl, therefore it only temp. A very ugly cycle as it sounds u are well aware of. Goodluck but my best advice is if your not chronically ill (I am - sle-lupus, an autoimune disorder), do your self, body, brain, emotions and family a favor GET CLEAN! That is the only true way to assure u feel like this as if your trying to......catch dUncatchableDragon, you will never find him and get to feel the way u did the first time u tried something new. It will become a constant search , mission, even obsession to reach it again. Truthfully that's when people OD!

Anything more than 100mg of tram. @ a single dose according to both research and my rheumalologist is usless. Not more bang for your buck if that is what ur asking...

I recently got prescribed Tramadol for my back pain and I've been given some before from relatives and at least from personal experience, taking more than 100mg definitely does give you a buzz. It's very weak relative to other opiates on a dose-to-dose comparison but it does get you off. The flip side is that tolerance raises after just one or two days and then you have to abstain for at least 24 hours, preferably 48 or 72 to get the same buzz back.

I would take a minimum of 150mg but usually 250mg or 300mg to get high. Probably stupid and reckless from what I've read on the drug but that's kinda par for the course for me. I usually push and push until I get smacked in the face.

if you do have seizures,tramadol is not something you want to take at all even at a low dose,tramadol can highly increase your risk of having a seizure and is usually not perscribed to people with a know seizure/epilepsy history

This statement is off-topic but:

Why are drugs like Tramadol that obviously cause euphoria and are addictive, but extremely bad on the body, legal, but other drugs that do the same thing and are safer illegal? I just don't understand it for the life of me...

This statement is off-topic but:

Why are drugs like Tramadol that obviously cause euphoria and are addictive, but extremely bad on the body, legal, but other drugs that do the same thing and are safer illegal? I just don't understand it for the life of me...
That's a good question. Plus, for me, Tramadol is worthless for pain control. It was given to me after surgery on a broken wrist. I was in so much pain even though I looked up the maximum dose and took it. After calling the surgeon and bitching at her, I was given opiates. (I don't remember what kind).

Maybe you don't have the enzyme I'm a fat metabolizer even doses of 1000 up DXM will only give me 4 hours of trip .. tramadol is flexibke makes you witty .. the other just makes me stupid and analysis suppression