• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Tramadol - Felt like I had the flu?

savebees

Greenlighter
I took 100mg of Tramadol last night at around 11 pm (have no opioid tolerance so I was feeling pretty good), and when I got up this morning, I felt like I had the flu. I was extremely shaky, sweaty, and threw up several times. Has anyone else experienced this? Do you think it could have been a bad reaction to the drug or could it have just been a coincidence?

I had similar problems from taking too much tramadol, but it wore off as the drug wore off (was gone by the next day). Could be WD but it sounds like you don't take it regularly. I would guess that you just came down with something

largely irrelevant but when I take tramadol on my bupe it makes me feel like I have the flu. =/ not even serotonin syndrome-y, just super nauseous, weak, tired and shaky.

I hate tramadol I only have it if I run out of codeine makes me hyper jittery and very stimulated and not in a good way even if I try lying down on it I feel like I have to get up and do something now I think about it I did have coffee with it so maybe thats half to blame but still I dont trust tramadol!

Maybe the large dose caused a withdrawal the next morning? I wake up with withdrawal from oxy a lot and it's not fun. I hope you feel better soon.

If you are significantly non tolerant doses of just 100 mg can cause you to become dizzy and nauseous. This is just like if you took to much of any other type of opiate.

100mg is way to much for 0 tolerance
try 25mg or 50mg

Hello? Have you ever seen tramadol before? The most commonly prescribed dosage for tramadol is take 1 or 2 50mg pills every 6-8 hours as needed. 100mg of tramadol isn't even above most doctors dosage instructions. It's so weak I can't even consider it an opioid. In fact I think it's technically an "opioid like" drug description I've always seen. Tramadol is pretty pointless though. I found that when I could still get a buzz from tramadol I had a very low tolerance to any opioids at the time and even then I always had to take the full 500mg limit before you started risking seizures (10 pills @50mg). It does cause weird reactions in some people though. It always made me sweat and itch terribly if I actually got a buzz. My mom took one 50mg tramadol and experienced severe respiratory suppression for some reason. She had to stand up and pace the floors because she felt like she would pass out. She was used to taking a 5-500 hydrocodone once or twice a day which is considerably stronger than tramadol and never had any problems with that. One time I got like 50tramadol and ate all of them over about 3.5 days and I got strange symptoms. Weird entire body muscle jerks out of nowhere. Chills, not being able to see right. Looking back I think I may have been having like miniature seizures. That was the last time I ever fucked with tramadol.

Hello? Have you ever seen tramadol before? The most commonly prescribed dosage for tramadol is take 1 or 2 50mg pills every 6-8 hours as needed. 100mg of tramadol isn't even above most doctors dosage instructions. It's so weak I can't even consider it an opioid. In fact I think it's technically an "opioid like" drug description I've always seen. Tramadol is pretty pointless though. I found that when I could still get a buzz from tramadol I had a very low tolerance to any opioids at the time and even then I always had to take the full 500mg limit before you started risking seizures (10 pills @50mg). It does cause weird reactions in some people though. It always made me sweat and itch terribly if I actually got a buzz. My mom took one 50mg tramadol and experienced severe respiratory suppression for some reason. She had to stand up and pace the floors because she felt like she would pass out. She was used to taking a 5-500 hydrocodone once or twice a day which is considerably stronger than tramadol and never had any problems with that. One time I got like 50tramadol and ate all of them over about 3.5 days and I got strange symptoms. Weird entire body muscle jerks out of nowhere. Chills, not being able to see right. Looking back I think I may have been having like miniature seizures. That was the last time I ever fucked with tramadol.
well as your proud of being a big time junky as quoted per previous posts its hardly a suprise tramadol doesnt effect you roxy pirposefully telling newbies to take bigger dosr than prescribed is selfish and cold you could cause someobe serious damage you might not but most of TAKE CARE of our bodies. Hygiene#

You are so fucking stupid and whatever it is you have against me is getting really old. You never have anything useful or intelligent to say. The only thing you know how to do is try to twist around what I say to try and make it look like I'm trying to kill people by giving them bad advice. You've created some kind of vendetta against me in your mind for no reason. I actually have knowledge and useful information that people can use. I have never told anyone to do something dangerous. Just because I make you look like a complete fool whenever you try to argue with me or I prove you wrong doesn't mean you get to follow me around on here and make stupid comments and try to insult me and call me a junkie all the time and make threats. You're addicted to codeine which is an opiate, you're addicted to the same kind of drug I am. The difference is I've actually moved on to real opioids and stopped wasting my own and everyone else's time desperately trying to get high off codeine when it will never work. Codeine has little recreational value, it will never be as good as oxys or heroin. But yet you think you're better than me because you're just using codeine? It boggles my mind dude! Even in this thread, I never said the OP should do anything remotely dangerous. 100mg of tramadol isn't going to hurt anybody. Most of the time that's exactly what doctors prescribe to people when they give tramadol. 50mg is the lowest dose tramadol pill Ive ever seen and the dosing instructions are usually take 1 or 2 pills. There's no way I told him to do anything dangerous, you complete fucking retard. Stop trolling me you're just making yourself look even dumber. Thank God you've been temporarily banned again, I hope this one lasts longer or becomes permanent. All you do is make drug users look bad because you say such stupid things. Not all people who use drugs are as dumb and idiotic as you Ganjcat. In fact, you're on your own level and take the cake. This is the last time I'm acknowledging anything you post because your stupidity actually offends me and I'm taking the high road because you can't fix stupid.

The first time I took Tramadol sucked. I didn't know anything about it and I thought they were like taking Oxy. After taking a few with some hydrocodone, I vomited and felt like shit. Couldn't sleep. Finally did research on here and learned it should be dosed differently. Start with 50 mgs, then take another every 30 - 60 minutes, up until your tolerance allows. This eliminated the vomiting. I started developing a tolerance pretty quickly though. What used to give me a good buzz and tons of energy all day was only 300-500mgs. Then I started upping it and risking seizures. I'm now up to 900-1100mgs per day, just once per week and it's not even close to what I used to feel. I take klonopin each time to reduce the risk of seizures, but I've been extreme lucky to have never experienced one (knock on wood). But I always have a Tramadol Hangover the next day though. Tramadol is something I take because it's easy and cheap to obtain ... And I can resist taking it everyday. If I have Oxycodone, I have no self-restraint and take it everyday until it's gone. I am currently trying to take a hiatus from Tramadol to reduce my tolerance. So far, today is day 9, which is the longest I've gone in a year.