• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Tramadol extended realise = i realize this has probably been asked a zillion times b4

Slinky Madinky

Bluelighter
I hope this is in the right thread. Also I know its probably been asked alot before. But i cant seem to get a straight answer...So i was lucky enough to get some tramadol for my back pain (cough cough.) I have a fairly high opiate tolerance.No like sky high. But 2 50 mgs tramadol will just about get me feeling some effects (not euphoric,more easy going, chatty and a little speedy.) My question is - what are the differences between the slow (extended) release 100 mg and the 50mg? Also = does grapefruit really potentiate it? If i want to get the effects of a really good high - how should i go about this? I want to utelize the medication as best as I can. I would be so grateful for any help from any expert tramadol users. Or just anyone thats got a very high knowledge on tramadol. I would be really grateful! :)

200 mg ER is roughly equivalent to 50mg IR every 6 hours except the time to maximum concentration is much longer (12 hours ER vs 1.5 IR). So for pain relief this isnt a massive concern as it decreases the number of tablets you need to take while still giving adequate blood concentrations for relief. For gwtting a buzz, however, you may be a bit nonplussed as it takes longer to get to the maximum level.

Theyre pretty difficult to crush. I think it could be done but would take some effort but dont quote me on that. If you want a buzz, the 50mg would be better, if you want pain relief, either is fine.

to be honest pain releif is secondary. I was really hoping for some kind of buzz! I have taken 50mgs before and 2 a day doesnt do that much. Oh darn. ALso I am a little naive = what does parachute it mean?

If i take more 100mgs (i have taken 2 this morning) if i take another two will that give me the same as taking 50mgs in the same dosage? thanks for your replies by the way. The world at our finger tips ay?

Crushing up a pill and wrapping it in tp or rolling paper or something and swallowing it is parachuting. Tramadol is pretty weak to most but some catch a nice buzz from it. Id say 100mg would be ok but dont take more than 400mg in 24 hours.

parachute is to wrap up the power in a small piece of toilet paper or a rollie and swallow it, that should defeat most of the time release, causing the substance to act the same as instant release. Me personally would get a nice buzz off 100 - 150mg of tramadol but then I would sleep for 18 hours and wake up puking... that drug definitely doesn't agree with me.

I was going to start a new thread about the 50mgs (IR) versus the 100 mgs (extended release) Man - what a difference these two tablets are! I am amazed that they are the same drug! The difference I found between the IR and ER is as follows: IR - speedy! Happy! housework done in an instant, chatty, patient, but most of all - motivated! ER = spaced out, tired, quiet, shy, wants to sleep. I am sooo disappointed. WHen i got the 100 mg from the doctor I thought - jack pot! But now its like a consolation prize. I have taken 50 mgs x 2 today but im guessing the ER tablets i have taken (not crushed) over the last two days have probably decreased my tolerance level! So....are there no upside to the ER tablets? I was about to take another 100 mg (pill form) and I am wondering if i should crush instead? (so far I have had 400 mg over 24 hours. - so this would make it 500 mg) I also have some clonazepam to help with seizures (fingers crossed i havent had any yet. - They were prescribed for anxiety.) But also am hesitant to take it as it will probably make me sleepy. Does anyone know?

Well my advice is go to the bathroom .. Go to ur toilet and flush em haha jkjkjk.. Well atleasst ur lucky enough to get em hell same here they gave me IR 50Z THO.. I'd eat 5-6 trying not to pass 400mg. Seizures bla bla.. But its useless never got even a buzz

Yes parachuting is crushing and wrapping it in a bit of a ply toilet paper, twist, throw it down the hatch and chase it with a drink.

But if you can handle yucky taste for a minute, just give it a chew and chase or toss n wash with your crushed pill. The tp can kind of feel like its stuck in your throat

Man i think i have really balllsed up. In getting 100 mgs tramadols (for abuse if im entirely honest) i have been taking 300 mgs a day and now - nothing. Not a bean, no pain but no buzz either. I know my tolerance is probably high but still. I would like to feel something. I have bought some nuerofen plus (ipbfrn and 12.5 codeine). I have taken 5 - should this give the trams a bit of a boost?

Honestly you should probably just take a break from them, maybe a week or two. A 300mg tolerance seems pretty high. I have been doing them off and on for the past two weeks, between 100mg - 250mg each time. Today I took 300mg, and barely feel it, so I know it's time to give my body a break from them so they work better next time. You have to lower your tolerance.

I took 12 100mg ER with 1 hour between each pill and the effect is null it doesn't even stop the anxiety. Then I heard about "parachuting" so I crushed the 12 and put each one in rizla , took them with 1 hour intervals starting at 3pm until 5am more or less. Felt a bit more but nothing compared to 32 IR. Any suggestions?
Thanks
lorenzo

You took 12 x 100mg tramadol?! That is well into the danger zone for tramadol's seizure inducing properties. Seriously give it up. Seizures are really scary. Especially I can tell you from experience I've had a few. I had no idea and thought people were fucking with me saying I was just flopping around. Only after a drop of blood ran down my face I realized it.

Not sure, but I think it happened one time with tramadol but with no witness all I know is I had a bit tongue. I know better than to drive on even a small dose of the stuff. I do take it once a week to get work done around the house (150-200mg, 1x 50mg every 45 min is best.) I wouldn't even call it a buzz just motivated
The worst was I was sober and driving and wrecked my car on the interstate. I "came to" I was talking to cops & clicked back to normal I had no Idea what I was saying. I saw the video & I appeared lucid but inststed I'd just parked in a driveway & said George Bush was president. I was in a postichtal state of confusion. That's why seizures are some scary shit, and tramadol just isn't worth it.

First post on here, been an avid reader for years. I was recently prescribed tramadol from an ER and, after looking it up, came to find that it's the subject of much controversy- is it an opiate is it not? I won't comment on that because I dont know for sure but I do know that some people taking higher doses are ending up having seizures- usually people who have high tolerance so they go way up in dosage. This is my first experience with Tramadol and I was thoroughly unimpressed until I was down to my last (4) 50mg pills and I found out about the advantages of parachuting. I don't claim to know everything about this or any drug but, from experience, I can say that parachuting is the #1 most effective way (aside from IV) of getting the best effects of this drug WHILE KEEPING DOSES LOW!! I say this because the first night I was prescribed it I was in SEVERE pain and took (7) 50-mgs. I felt nothing. I was pissed. I went back to the ER complained, told the doc I had been on hydrocodone for 2 months following a broken hand and theses Tramadols weren't helping. After a short chat, They sent me home with nothing because I had "overdosed". I want to stress I didn't take 7 of yhese to get high I took them because I had an issue with a wisdom tooth and they did nothing. So I got on Bluelight started searching and found parachuting. Tried it this morning with (2) 50mgs and it was like walking on clouds. Felt like a completely different substance. PARACHUTE 2 OR 3 OF THESE BEFORE YOU START SHOVELING 5-10 IN YOUR MOUTH AT A TIME! I have a low-medium tolerance to opiates (need more than 15-20 mgs of oxy or hydro to feel a buzz). Tramadols are strong but the time release feature moderates their effect substantially, to the point that you don't even notice. Parachuting made me feel a strong buzz for a good 3 hours and that's only 100mgs. The more of this stuff u take the lower your
Threshold for seizures. Taking this drug for long periods increases chances of seizure over time (u don't start fresh just because it's a new day, it accumulates in the body). If you want to experiment with this drug parachute at low dosages and go from there. Afterall, isn't the point to get as high as you can with
As little of your stash as possible? Moderation. My future posts will be a fraction of this length lol