Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Tramadol - Experienced - It is a wonder drug

sterling J

Greenlighter
Call it somewhat philosophical, but I just had to sign up to vent this/let it out. It still baffles me.

I'm a normal 26 year old male. Nice car, nice apartment, nice job, usual first-world problems. I'm just your typical guy. Friendly, guys like me, girls like me, although I am single. I'm the guy who will do anything for anybody. (LOL sounding like this is cupid.com)

Now I'm clever, I often overthink things. I'm a bit neurotic. Antsy. I don't like to sit still. I get anxious at times. I get awkward at times. It's not that I am shy, but I just find myself not wanting to bother with social situations a lot of the time. I can be decidedly reclusive in nature. I'm a perfectionist with OCD tendencies and there's always something I feel is 'not right' or want to change. Going through life, I'm constantly over-thinking about basically... everything. Always have thoughts rattling around my head, and they can be hard to turn off (especially when I want to sleep). I don't drink, don't do drugs, I'm not a party animal, and the one time I was on anti depressants they freaking ruined my life. However, I had a persistent lower back pain and was prescribed Tramadol last year. And.

The way I feel when I'm on Tramadol, is the way I wish I could feel all the time. It's the way I imagine people who are 100% happy and content with their lives feel most of the time.
I know it does nothing for some people, but there is not a single thing, that Tramadol does not improve in my life.

I take just one 100mg sustained release (occasionally, I'm not a big user, I hear it's abusable). And life for that day and night becomes walking perfection.

Everything becomes 'O K'.
Life slows down.
All negative thoughts cease to exist.
I get calm.
I get warm.
My voice lowers, and baritones.
I can think clearly.
I can hold conversations. I get talkative, in a good way.
I become more productive at work.
I am more comical and charming.
I am the life of the party, though usually I am decidedly reserved - can't give too much of the game away.
I get this untold confidence to approach any situation with innate superiority. As in talking in front of a live audience.
I sleep so vividly and soundly.
Men look up to me. They want to be involved in what I'm doing, etc.
And more incredibly, women FLOCK to me. And this isn't a 'confidence on my part' kind of deal. I don't even do anything. If you want to delve into your pheromone theories or what have you, the same women who would otherwise avoid even eye contact with me, will actually just walk up and come and stand close to me, and then start talking TO ME?!!!!! That almost never happens. It's like I'm giving off some kind of 'awesome' vibe.
And then, the greatest part of all. Not only does Tramadol have this strange constant erection-giving effect, it also give me the ability to have the hardest sex possible and not finish until I actually want to. And it still feels amazing. It just totally blocks the effect of the natural mechanics functioning until I FORCE myself to finish. HOW?! I always wonder. More research needs to be done on this amazing product, and I know it's even being prescribed as such. But still, more isolation is needed.

Now I know what you're thinking at this point... mind over matter. But it's in no way a placebo effect. For a long while actually, I had no idea that it even was the Tramadol until I attributed it to everything that was happening. It's not a confidence booster, it just brings out this feeling in me, the way I wish I could always be. The way I actually try to be every day, but that doesn't work or never feels right. It's not the fact that 'being high' does it, because no other drug, or alcohol, or anything even comes close to mimicking the feeling. I wish I knew what it was in isolation that was doing such wonderful things.
It's quite sad in a way, because I'm smart enough to know that

A. this is the reason addictive drugs shouldn't be abused and in turn
B. this is why I can't take it every day.

In short.

I wish life were like being on Tramadol all the time.

I love Tramadol. And I really hate that I love it so much.

IMO.......Tramadol should be prescribed to people for depression.......it actually has some properties of SSRI's

The way I feel when I'm on Tramadol, is the way I wish I could feel all the time. It's the way I imagine people who are 100% happy and content with their lives feel most of the time.
I know it does nothing for some people, but there is not a single thing, that Tramadol does not improve in my life.

welcome to the world of opiates [with added SNRI-activity, that some enjoy and some hate]!
be careful!

Is Tramadol the same around the globe? I was surprised to read this, sterling, because I tried Tramadol lots of times.

Your experience sounds pretty groovy.

My experience was acceptable pain relief, and itch.

I could only take small doses of it which was great for pain but simply not worth it because the itch was brutal.

IMO.......Tramadol should be prescribed to people for depression.......it actually has some properties of SSRI's

WithOUT all the nasty side effects, too. SSRI's are classic sex drive killers for me. This thing ENHANCES it. And I've struggled with dep/anxiety throughout my life.

The only side effect I've governed is slight nausea on an empty stomach, and a vivid dream the next night off it (mild withdrawal).

Last edited:
Is Tramadol the same around the globe? I was surprised to read this, sterling, because I tried Tramadol lots of times.

Your experience sounds pretty groovy.

My experience was acceptable pain relief, and itch.

I could only take small doses of it which was great for pain but simply not worth it because the itch was brutal.

I used to sometimes get the itch, only mildly, but none at all of late. I think it also has to do with what type of clothes you wear/soap products you use prior. That's the only thing I've switched up.
I do wonder, about your first question though. I've not even ever tried regular Tramadol, only the sustained release. I've also crushed it (and it hits HARD) but doesn't last anywhere near as long. I don't use much of it, but it's a shame it's devilishly hard to find here in Australia. I'm still prescription-only, maybe twice, or thrice a year.

If it's the opioid effect responsible for most of the mechanical action, it's no wonder some people (who from use or even just naturally) have a higher opioid tolerance, can feel nothing from it.

I cringe when I see people giving 400mg's a go. It's very seizure sensitive, but I'm surprised they even physically last at that amount.
The most I've ever done is 150 crush with 50 in solid form, and I felt so sick I wanted to vomit but couldn't, and then quite literally passed out asleep for hours. Never again.

Last edited:
50 mg of Tramal tm gave me the shakes so bad it was almost seizure territory. For some of us it lowers seizure threshold... not good at all. :(

Sterling: I totally agree. On every point.

I strongly recommend keeping it to irregular usage though. Like anything else, it might lose its magic.

Man, I hate this shit. I get 60X50mg, and I might as well throw them away. I stopped going altogether, even though I can get them.

I have an opiate tolerance though and I think this is why. You are so lucky, watch out though, I have a feeling you are enjoying the opiate aspect of it. NEVER TRY an opiate besides these. One pop of oxycodone and you will be an addict for life, mentally or physically. Peace.

The emotional effects will be among those you become tolerant to first with frequent use.

ebola

I'm glad tramadol works for you, but overall it's a pretty crappy drug IMO and I don't seek it out and don't take it even when it's available to me. Have you tried any classical opioids yet? They are a lot better, but loving anything that much can't be good.

I fucking love tramadol but I know that the majority of people don't. I think it's the type of drug you either love or hate. Ive only used it twice, one of the times I decided to plug it so I plugged 400mg and it was honestly one of the best drug experiences I've ever had. I love opiates anyway (used a lot of heroin) so I liked how tramadol gave me a mild opiate high AND a stimulant type buzz.

I really liked tramadol a lot the first time I tried it. I have never had a great high from it again though.

I've tried tramadol 6 times now and I've decided to give up on it. I used it to treat my chronic pain and while I did find it to be a pretty effective analgesic, it caused horrible jaw clenching. My teeth hurt today from the 100mg I took yesterday. Codeine on the other hand, now that's a wonderful feeling. :)