• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Tramadol ER/XR question about dosage (kinda urgent :D)

somecooldude

Greenlighter
Well, since this is my first post after being a lurker for quite some time, I'd like to greet everyone! One Love.

My question is:

Some random guy on the street the other day asked me what could he expect from taking 400mg of EXTENDED RELEASE Tramadol at once?

He also told me he is quite experienced with Tramadol IR (instant release), he would always use 400mg straight, using the dose staggering method. (100 or 150, then 150 and hour after, and another dose up to 400mg etc.)

It's also worth mentioning that he just had a big meal and is on 30 mg of Diazepam daily (he took it in the morning). He also has Clonazepam if needed.

So should he expect nausea from popping 400mg in one go? He tried the staggering dose method the other day and it wasn't really as good as IR...

I thank everyone willing to help in advance!

Every time me and my friends used to take tramadol we would be purging for like 24 hours but now it's nothing, the sweet spot in dosage for me and all of my friend is about 200 mg and then you are good to go. After that much I find there's really no point in taking more

^I agree. With no or only low tolerance 200-250mg is a sufficent dose for people who are good metabolizers.
Also everything above 400mg is potential seizure territory. People have seized friom even less so I'd avoid higher doses even with XR formulas.
And no other drugs, especially serotonergics in combination. Have fun and welcome to BL.