• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Tramadol during day Oxy at nigh, potential dangers?

Man in the Dark

Bluelighter
Hello all

I am a CPP. I need advice on what has been my regiment for the last mont or so. I take 3-4 50mg of Tramadol from 11am to 1pm. I then take 20- 30 mg of Roxi around 5-6pm. I looked at the conversion chart to try to determine the amount of Tramdol I am taking per day compared to Oxy a day and was unable to figure it out.

I use the Tramadol as it helps me with energy and some pain relief, but it puts me in a good mood and I am able to handle being around people a little better. I know it's the SNRI in the meds that gives me the mood boost. I get more short tempered on the Roxi

The Roxi helps me with my pain along with my 15mg of Er Morphine.
In the sense of harm reduction what's your opinon on this regiment. It helps me the most. I won't even mention my prescribed benzo regiment as I know the dangers of mixing the two.

Last edited:
:\ MitD...I understand the "pissed off" feeling from the Oxycodone. I am also in pain daily. The Oxy doesn't really help my pain and exits quickly. I am cognizant of this and refuse to up the dosage. I don't like that it makes me feel even MORE pissed off at the world. I've wanted to try the ER OxyContin, but have GI absorption problems that would likely alter its effectiveness.

Meanwhile, IME, I'm finding nothing in pain med trials that have offered significant relief. I have a choked bowel and bladder from adhesions, so the big gun meds just make the obstructions more wicked.

I'm totally at a loss. I don't wanna do THIS LIFE any more, but who (in horrid pain) does?

On Tramadol...I took it for years after Darvocet was taken off market. I never thought it helped my pain, but retrospect tells me that I was benefiting from the potential mood lift. I take Zoloft, too, for 16 years now. I don't think it helps the severe depression, UNTIL I forget a dose...wrong!!!

I was told by the hospital pharmacist during my last stay..."Try Ultracet, rather than Ultram. It has potential to boost effectiveness since Darvocet worked so well for me".

I know JACK about drugs. I never indulged recreationally and avoided Pain Management for decades out of fear. Now I wish I weren't so very ignorant and inexperienced. Perhaps I could figure this out. I hope you find what works for you!

My disease is not terminal, yet has ended any QOL for me. The despair and depression that accompanies the pain will end my so-called life.

Hey Dixi. I'm sorry to hear about your GI issues. I have read a lot of your post and I wish you the best, I really feel for you.
You are on tough S.O.B and very well respected on this board, just please don't give up. I know how you feel because Inthink about it daily. My father killed himself when I was in my 20's I was in the military at the time so I just had to keep my chin up and drive on. I have a 7 year old and I'm in my early 40's so I try to stay strong for him.

The Tramadol for me is so surprisingly uplifting offering me some amount of pain relief, but not enough. It works wonders for my mood lift, by the time 5pm rolls around my pain levels are through the roof and I need my Morphine and my Oxy, I have to take Senna fail just to go to the bathroom which is a bitch because I go like 5 times a day and have to plan around my bathroom necessities. I just wish I can shit normally, that ER morphine jams ya up.

My pain doc is very conservative, so it makes it hard for me. The VA won't prescribe me benzo's and painkillers at the same time but a major hospital will. So I do my pain care at my own expense even though all my injuries are related and connected to my military service.

Thank for for you help Dixi, I appreciate your insight stay strong my friend. If you ever feel like talking shoot me a PM.

I was also trying to figure out how much 200 mg of tramadol is equivalent to how much of a dose of Roxi?

The opioid conversion chart on here has 150mg tramadol to be equal to 20mg oxycodone, however with tramadol needing to be converted to O-desmethylthramadol to get anything opioid from it, which it sounds like you do but I wonder is the ability to convert it is an all or nothing type of thing? Or can some people convert O-des but only somewhat which would make figuring the equivalent dose more difficult? :?

Have you tried kratom? I find it similar to tramadol in that it gives energy and is surprisingly effective with pain. They can also be taken together, I have a lot of experience combining the two at least up to 200mg. It might give you some extra daytime relief, if you try this be sure to start small to see how your body reacts to it.

Thanks Snake, that's extremely helpful as I am now at about 200-250 during the day any about 25mg of Oxy at night. I actually have been using Kratom on occasion to replace the Tramadol. I find it helpful I am really pleased with Kratom. The Tramadol just gives me more of a mood lift and a little more pain relief, but they are a similar feel and my tolerance is going up fast with the Tramadol.

Thank you again for your help, greatly appreciated.