• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Tramadol Dosage?

Larissav

Greenlighter
My husband gets buckets of Tramadol prescribed for his disability & after trying them a couple of times, I'm not even tempted by them. Taking two 50mg pills did nothing except make me exhausted. How much are you guys taking of it to feel anything?

I take 300-450mg, although my tolerance is quite high, and something I should mention is you risk seizures on Tramadol at high doses. Especially after 400mg.

I think a good starting dose would be 200-250mg, if you felt nothing on 100mg. My advice would be to take 100mg, wait 30-45 minutes, if you feel nothing redose another 100mg wait 30-60 minutes and you should feel something. If you do and it's not so intense, you could always add another 50/100mg to total 250mg or 300mg but I wouldn't advice going over 400mg so early on as seizures are a huge risk on Tramadol.

Also, Tramadol for me and many others takes hours to feel the actual 'buzz'. Codeine I feel after like 15-30 minutes but Tramadol I sometimes don't peak until about 8 hours into the buzz. But you should certainly feel a light head, itchy and maybe even sedated after about 1 hour of taking the dose.

One thing to remember is you can always redose, but once you've swallowed 10 pills at once you're fucked. It's not a race when trying drugs recreationally, it's a marathon. Go slow and find your 'sweet spot'.

Never go over 400 mgs. in 24 hours because of seizure risk, it's opioid properties can be underwhelming if one's tolerance is high.

Never go over 400 mgs. in 24 hours because of seizure risk, it's opioid properties can be underwhelming if one's tolerance is high.

Exactly, I've read and seen people take much higher than 400mg but they've usually been on Tramadol for a while so maybe it's a tolerance to the mood enhancer what is in Tramadol? I don't know but yeah I wouldn't really recommend ever going over 500mg and only going over 400mg if you have built up a tolerance to Tramadol itself.

300mg is typically considered to be the safe upper-limit for Tramadol. Anything higher can cause an unnecessarily high risk of seizure. It's really a drug best left to those who are essentially Opioid-naive or sensitive to Opioids in general.

Thanks guys. I'll probably leave that one alone. I already have my hands full with trying to keep my Percoset use manageable. I think I just have to try to lower my tolerance. I heard DXM works to lower tolerance. Does anyone know how much DXM & for how long?

I was told that going above 150mg lowers the seizure threshold, any truth to that?

Tramadol, I heard in a few posts that 150 and above would lower threshold? Unless they were misinformed?

I'm pretty sure almost any amount will contribute to seizures if your sensitive to them. there's just not a serious risk in healthy individuals until you get into the 300 mg range.

When I first started using tramadol it made me tired/nauseated until I had built up a little tolerance. After that, it would energize me. 2 50mg pills should be plenty. If you're hell bent on getting the energetic feelings from them I would stay at 1 50mg until you no longer are becoming sleepy. And go from there.

NEVER take more than 400mg...even that is extremely risky. If you're on any other medications be sure to check interactions. Tramadol is known to cause seizures.

Lastly. Be careful. Be smart and after you build up a little tolerance to the sleepy side affects, try not to use for more than 3 days at a time with breaks in between. Just because it's not Percocet or Vicodin doesn't mean it's any less addicting or dangerous.