• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Tramadol:benzodiazepine safe seizure threshold?

delphinen

Bluelighter
I got 10 capsules of 50mg Tramadol each for my backpain, and was wondering if we could make a "safer" seizure threshold using a ratio between Tramadol and benzodiazepines, so people are less prone to have seizures on higher doses of Tramadol (like, say, 10 50mg Tramadol capsules would equal to 1mg Clonazepam per pill, something like that)

Thanks in advance.

That is way overdoing it. I'm assuming you want to experience tramadol's effects right? 1mg of clonazepam would probably = 200mg even 250mg in some people. 50mg and 100mg are standard doses of tramadol

Clonazepam is one of if the most potent anticonvulsant on the market, next to phenobarbital and topiramate. And 1mg is a high dose for anticonvulsant activity (it comes in .25)

People take massive doses of convulsant meds like tramadol and bupropion without seizures all the time so no one is risking a seizure at 50mg that they need to take a klonopin with it

That is way overdoing it. I'm assuming you want to experience tramadol's effects right? 1mg of clonazepam would probably = 200mg even 250mg in some people. 50mg and 100mg are standard doses of tramadol

Clonazepam is one of if the most potent anticonvulsant on the market, next to phenobarbital and topiramate. And 1mg is a high dose for anticonvulsant activity (it comes in .25)

People take massive doses of convulsant meds like tramadol and bupropion without seizures all the time so no one is risking a seizure at 50mg that they need to take a klonopin with it

Thank you for your response. Would Lorazepam be the same as cLonazepam? I just checked and I have those 2,5mg orange pills.

Not in terms of anticonvulsant efficacy; you would need a much higher dosage.

How much of a higher dosage are we talking?
doing some google searches, it says Lorazepam is almost as potent as Clonazepam, just last less hours; even on Wikipedia, it says Lorazepam is, along Diazepam, a first-line treatment for convulsions.

Yes, it is, but it is not as potent as clonazepam. As I said clonazepam is among the top anticonvulsants on the market. Ativan is not. I would say 3mg.

Yes, it is, but it is not as potent as clonazepam. As I said clonazepam is among the top anticonvulsants on the market. Ativan is not. I would say 3mg.
Ok thanks. I had some seizures some years ago because of Tramadol abuse, but never ever got one when I was on some anticonvulsant medication, even on very little doses, which is weird, because I have a big benzo tolerance.

Anyway, I did 250mg of Tramadol together with 7,5mg of Lorazepam in the span of 2 to 5 hours, I'm feeling pretty good, and most importantly, my backpain is almost gone, but I can feel some little pain yet. I would like to do some more Tramadol because I have some more Lorazepam (to prevent seizures and be able to sleep later) but I don't know...

Stacking tramadol doses helps with getting more of the pain relief. Try staggering smaller doses 30min - 60 minutes apart. The demethylated metabolite of tramadol is a much much stronger opioid than tramadol itself. It will also help you avoid excessive snri effects that can be unpleasant.

Stacking tramadol doses helps with getting more of the pain relief. Try staggering smaller doses 30min - 60 minutes apart. The demethylated metabolite of tramadol is a much much stronger opioid than tramadol itself. It will also help you avoid excessive snri effects that can be unpleasant.

I am not sure about getting more o-desmethyl Tramadol staggering the doses, but the excessive SNRI effects in bigger doses sounds legit. I wonder if reaching 300mg would be dangerous...

Well, I went for the 350mg of Tramadol plus some Ibuprofen so I won't feel backpain on bed later tonight. I also did another 5mg Lorazepam, reaching a total of 12,5mg Lorazepam today to be safe.

Last edited:
I am not sure about getting more o-desmethyl Tramadol staggering the doses, but the excessive SNRI effects in bigger doses sounds legit. I wonder if reaching 300mg would be dangerous...

Staggering helps, as tramadol is a prodrug and takes time to get metabolized. Also, I've read that there are variations in people who metabolize it and get predominate serotonergic effects from it or narcotic effects.

the higher the dosage goes, the lower the seizure threshold.

Staggering helps, as tramadol is a prodrug and takes time to get metabolized.

the higher the dosage goes, the lower the seizure threshold gets, remember, and also the risk for respiratory depression.

Taking a 5-HT 2C agonist like belviq will eliminate the seizure risk and not dampen the effects of tramadol one bit.

Ok thanks. I had some seizures some years ago because of Tramadol abuse, but never ever got one when I was on some anticonvulsant medication, even on very little doses, which is weird, because I have a big benzo tolerance.

Anyway, I did 250mg of Tramadol together with 7,5mg of Lorazepam in the span of 2 to 5 hours, I'm feeling pretty good, and most importantly, my backpain is almost gone, but I can feel some little pain yet. I would like to do some more Tramadol because I have some more Lorazepam (to prevent seizures and be able to sleep later) but I don't know...

7, 5mg lorazepam? Do you mean diazepam? Lorazepam doesnt come in 5mg...

No, he meant .5 lorazepam. people do over 250mg of tramadol all the time without risking a seizure, you could have just taken 1mg of lorazepam, and you would've not ruined the subjective experience of the tramadol adding benzo effects to it.

Is tramadol your first narcotic experience?

Yea you definetly do not need that much lorazepam, .5 would prolly be enough even though I love benzos + opiates and would take 2-3mg of loraze if that was me. Who am I kidding if that was me it would be xanax/clonazolam and id take 6-8mg xanax/2-3mg clonazolam haha.

I would take 1mg just to be safe. You never know what your reaction might be. As you said it might​ be enough. Just get your hands on lorcaserin. That would be a better anticonvulsant for tramadol

Never said to take .5? Said it would probably be enough never said it was.