• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Tramadol and vomiting

forestman4

Bluelighter
How the hell do you not vomit after tramadol.
I take 350 MG in one shot, and try my best to not puke the pills out. My stomach actually feels sick every time i think of tramadol actually because of the vomiting. All water and food i eat is coming right back out.
Now how do i stop my self from having low level serotonin syndrome?

To avoid vomiting, lower your dosage. I got sick once from 100 mg and same for my friend at 150 mg.
You could also try not taking them all at once.

You should most definitely not take them all at once. My normal tramadol regimen is 50mg every 30minutes until i reach the dosage i want, usually 300mg. This spreading out of tramadol allows more time for the tram to be metabolized into o-desmethyltramadol which is the much stronger, opiate metabolite that you want in your body. If you take it all at once, the body has a hard time metabolizing all of it into its metabolites, leaving the SNRI qualities at a much higher concentration than the opiate qualities

Its not serotonin syndrome. Swallow enough of anything and you may vomit.

Take a lower dose! Also as Headhigh said its much better to take them at a staggered pace and not all at once, it's easier on your stomach and it's better for your buzz. I feel for you though, tramadol nausea is horrible.

Avoid tramadol at all cost if you are taking methadone. The two don't mix at all and may cause withdraw symtoms..
AT least it did for me. I was on a 150mg daily dose of methadone and the trams made me feel really shitty for the next two days..

Last edited:
off the bat 350mg is a hell of a dose
common sense would dictate that if the med comes back up, your body is rejecting it
either try a smaller dose, try name brand not generic or avoid tramadol all together