• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Tramadol and Pregabalin interaction?

Aqlis

Discord Admin; Peas & Pasta Czar
Staff member
Getting some tramadol (225mg) for pain relief. I'm currently taking 2x600mg pregabalin a day, it helps a lot but not enough. Once I'm on the tramadol I won't take any drugs besides weed and pregabalin. Are there any negative interactions (apart from respiratory depression) between the two I should be aware of? Any info would be very useful, cheers.

No significant interaction I can think of, other than increased sedation, etc. Perhaps at very high doses of tramadol pregabalin could paradoxically increase the seizure risk but would be a freak occurance most likely, and should reduce it.

At that dose of tramadol you don't really have much to worry about.

That is a good dose of pregabalin, is that prescribed?

Pregabalin makes heroin feel better so might increase tramadol but have never done both together

At that dose of tramadol you don't really have much to worry about.

That is a good dose of pregabalin, is that prescribed?
Ah, that's a relief.

I was prescribed pregabalin but only for a week, I bought more because the nerve pain remained debilitating.

Good combo but stay below 400mg on the tram. Normally I'll take them at the same time but i think its actually better to take the tram about an hour ahead.
I usually add a small amount of diazepam (5-10mg) for safety issues (making the seizure threshold a bit higher again). A small amount (25-100mg) of DPH seems to go well with them once the tram peak is over imo.

The tram/pregab combo buzz is actually one of my favorite/most effective launching pads for doing k, but that's another story lol