View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tramadol and magic mushrooms

ChipTrippyFox

Bluelighter
I've done a fair bit of search g on this topic with very mixed results.
Some people claim it has no effect to combo these together
Some people claim there is a small amount of diminished effects of the psilocybin
A handful of people claim that it is potentially dangerous to combine them and may cause serotonin syndrome??

I recently had surgery and I've been experiencing a fair bit of pain; for which I was prescribed tramadol.
I have some mushrooms that I've been saving for a while and I've been thinking of having a trip soon. Should I be worried to try tripping while also taking low doses of tram? (37-75mg every 4 hours as needed)

For the record I've also been using codeine for the pain (40-80mg) but I don't think that will have much of an effect for either of these.

Anyone have any thoughts about this??

Personally I've found a diminishing effect between hydrocodone and mushrooms, but not enough to really matter; a small amount more mush or small amount less of the hydro would've easily made up for the lack there of. Not sure how I'd feel about tripping while in pain enough to be on meds though. That might get a little screwy for me :p

Personally I've found a diminishing effect between hydrocodone and mushrooms, but not enough to really matter; a small amount more mush or small amount less of the hydro would've easily made up for the lack there of. Not sure how I'd feel about tripping while in pain enough to be on meds though. That might get a little screwy for me :p
Tramadols typically a bit weaker than hydrocodone as well so I wouldn't worry too much personally, but I know many people that would protest this with mixed feelings on the combo of painkillers/psyches

Well tramadol is a different ballgame than hydrocodone or pretty much any other opiate, since it's a serotonin reuptake inhibitor. This is why it's very dangerous to take with serotonin releasing drugs. However, mushrooms and almost all classical psychedelics simply agonize serotonin receptor sites, they don't release serotonin. So in theory it should be safe to combine mushrooms with tramadol, but I wouldn't feel as good about it as I would with another opiate.

You should be fine healthwise IMO, but knowing how mushrooms (and psychedelics in general) can kick your ass for overindulgence (especially in opioids), gotta be careful with the mushroom dosage and set/setting. Also if you have any seizure history, be careful as the combo might be dangerous in that way.

If I were you, I'd wait till I need to take very little of pain killers, then take the shrooms. I would expect slightly diminished effects from mushroom trip, when on Tramadol.

I have chronic pain and health issues and have over the years been taking a wide variety of opiates and for me Tramadol reduces the psychedelic trip significantly as does oxycodone and any other strong opioid.

I have used both these with a number of Lysergimides, mushrooms and some tryptamines, dissociatives and deliriants and as far as I can tell there is no effect on the dissociatives or the deliriants but definitely dulled all psychedelics. If you can try omitting the Tramadol and replacing it with the likes of Kratom.

Even with Kratom a 100mcg dose of Lysergimide does little to nothing and I need to be eating 300+ to get a decent trip. Its a delicate balancing trick - take enough to kill the pain without killing the trip.

I've taken ~300mg of tramadol a few hours before a mushroom trip at least twice. Also I took a little more than 2 grams of mushrooms.

It was a great trip, I didn't feel any blunting effect but the tramadol seemed to keep me more in control and calm during the whole thing. I had some very serene moments due to how calm I felt, I think it had a positive effect on the trip without blunting the psychedelia too much.

When originally taking the combo I felt leery about the whole serotonin issue but a little bit of research led me to believe it wouldn't cause any issue. During my first trip I purposely abstained from tramadol because I thought it would cause serious issues.