• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Tramadol and Hippcups

supersonic89

Bluelighter
Guys.

In recent days I have been taking Tramadol in high doses and have suffered from attacks of hiccups that last more than two hours. Is Tramadol the cause of this annoying situation or is there no relationship?

yes, it is, I don't know what triggers it but it happens from time to time, in the past I would use with other 4-5 friends and we all would be on the tramadol and almost everytime someone would have it.

the worst part was that tramadol makes me very irritable and I get annoyed very quickly so when someone had the hiccups for hours it would drive me insane :mad::mad:

yes, it is, I don't know what triggers it but it happens from time to time, in the past I would use with other 4-5 friends and we all would be on the tramadol and almost everytime someone would have it.

the worst part was that tramadol makes me very irritable and I get annoyed very quickly so when someone had the hiccups for hours it would drive me insane :mad::mad:

Well that sucks hahaha?

Tramadol is my drug of choice. I love how it makes me feel, but this side effect is too annoying. I think it's time to lower the dose a bit.

By the way, do you think grapefruit juice can enhance the effects of Tramadol?
If so, what would be the best way to do it?

This sometimes happens to me with opiates too. I just thought that it was a common side effect.

Well that sucks hahaha?

Tramadol is my drug of choice. I love how it makes me feel, but this side effect is too annoying. I think it's time to lower the dose a bit.

By the way, do you think grapefruit juice can enhance the effects of Tramadol?
If so, what would be the best way to do it?
Tramadol is my DOC aswell, grapefruit juice can help the CYP2D6 enzyme which metabolises tramadol into o-desmethyltramadol function better which can lead to a more elaborated conversion.

Idk if the hiccups are related to the dose honestly

Another way to facilitate the conversion is to stack the doses through the day, so if your normal dose is 300mg, you start with 150mg and dose 50 mg every other 45 minutes till you reach 300

Yes,I think hiccups are a side effect of opiates in general, but for me Tramadol hits with the hiccups harder lol. It also lowers my voice (deepens it, not volume lowering). Has anyone else noticed that?

Yes,I think hiccups are a side effect of opiates in general, but for me Tramadol hits with the hiccups harder lol. It also lowers my voice (deepens it, not volume lowering). Has anyone else noticed that?

That has never happened to me.

The other weird thing (while on tram) is I can't tolerate people who speak a little loudly. My ears start to hurt right away. I think it's called hyperacusis. Sober I don't have that problem.