• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Tramadol and Flexeril for opiate WD

N9ne

Bluelighter
Has anybody tried Tramadol or Flexeril for the first 4 days of WDs. I been taking these fake roxys going around. I had 6 days clean last week and used. Then 3 days clean and used. Now Ive used for 2 straight days. Im thinking about using Tram and Flexeril for the first few days to see if that helps. I was thinking about using addys but Ive heard horror stories about people using addys for opiate WDs. So anybody have experience using Tramadol and Flexeril for opiate WDs?

Has anybody tried Tramadol or Flexeril for the first 4 days of WDs. I been taking these fake roxys going around. I had 6 days clean last week and used. Then 3 days clean and used. Now Ive used for 2 straight days. Im thinking about using Tram and Flexeril for the first few days to see if that helps. I was thinking about using addys but Ive heard horror stories about people using addys for opiate WDs. So anybody have experience using Tramadol and Flexeril for opiate WDs?

Don't use tramadol if you're trying to get clean....tramadol is just another opiod and will help for that reason...but it's just postponing the withdrawal...

I see this all the time in the Other Drugs section....people recommending tramadol, suboxone, Kratom, mega dose loperamide etc. to help with withdrawal but if you're trying to get off then it makes no sense...you're just changing the opioid youre using and postponing withdrawal. If you're not trying to get off and just bridge until you get more of your DOC then fair enough, but If you're trying to actually stop then it's totally counterproductive

The only way to get clean from opiods is to stop taking them

i dont know if it might help you, but be cautious because, as laughable as it seems, tramadol is not easy to withdraw at all.
remember that besides its mild or moderate opioid effects, has considerable antidepressant properties.
also, if you have access to tramadol, maybe you have access to traditional withdrawal treatment: naltrexone/buprenorphine is one of the most common.

Last edited:
Tramadol makes a poor treatment for withdrawal, like using gin to handle your bourbon comedown.

I'm also not sure cyclobenzaprine is a good idea with tramadol. They're both centrally-acting with a bunch of different targets, so at a minimum keep the doses within the usual non-recreational, therapeutic range.

The only stated interaction is excess sedation and possible hypotension so I suppose it would depend on the severity of the W/D's, but just a few days of accumulated use probably wouldn't warrant that much "comfort" meds. Starting very slow would be prudent since your tolerance will most likely be minimal. If you could get away with just using the cyclobenzaprine you wouldn't have to worry about furthering your tolerance from the Tramadol.

In theory it isn?t a combo would recommend first line, as they both hit multiple targets as stated and other interactions are, again in theory, possible; although if the doses are kept low, or just reasonable tramadop doses with a low dose of flexeril, it should be fine

Better off finding a first gen antihistamine that doesn?t inhibit 2D, would take Hydroxyzine personally, although tramadol should really be used as a last resort as stated above