• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Tramadol and cocaine

Mrsolidzx

Bluelighter
Hi, i deleted last post by accident.
So i take 50mg tramadol morn and aft. Looking at taking cocaine at weekend. Can i take 50mg tramadol say 8/9am and then miss my afternoon dose, then take cocaine about 9/10pm? Will be drinking alcohol as well. Thanks.

be careful when mixing trams and coke as it has the possibility to lower the seizure threshold and cause serotonin syndrome
this combo actually killed ODB

I agree. It's been proven to be an unsafe combination. Tramadol itself has a disproportionate number of potential pitfalls, including the potential for provoking Tonic-Clonic Seizures. Cocaine can and will also lower the seizure threshold. Even if you skip your afternoon dose, given the fact that you've taken this drug for an extended period of time, you will likely still have a significant level of the drug left in your system.

I would say, do this at your own risk. It could easily cause a seizure.

If it helps ive taken mdma 24 hours after a tramadol dose and had no problem whatsoever intense roll and everything? Would mdma be more dangerous that cocaine?? And also are the only risks seizures? Even at such a low dose of 50mg?

Im not planning on COMBINING the two. Hoping the tramadol will of worn off. Plus ive taken cocaine twice in my life and have zero tolerence so ill only be having a small amount maybe 200mg during the night?

Im not planning on COMBINING the two. Hoping the tramadol will of worn off. Plus ive taken cocaine twice in my life and have zero tolerence so ill only be having a small amount maybe 200mg during the night?

still not a good idea in all honesty mate.

Okay thanks for your advice but honestly im probz gona do it anyway. I'm 99% sure there wont be able tram built up in my system as like i sed i've taken mdma 24 hours after tram and been fine. I dont think cocaine will cause serotonin syndrome as it works on the dopamine system and is not serotonic. Plus ill of only taken 50mg in more than 24 hours with a big 12 hour gap between tram and coke.

hey, just want to point out that you're wrong about that. Coke most certainly (and potently) affects 5-HT aka Serotonin receptors, it's what makes it 'fun' compared to other dopamine/norepinephrine centered stimulants. I would for sure avoid the combo. from wiki:
Cocaine acts by inhibiting the reuptake of serotonin, norepinephrine, and dopamine.[10]
Hence it being called a triple reuptake inhibitor

^ thanks

I dont think cocaine will cause serotonin syndrome as it works on the dopamine system and is not serotonic.

yeah you are wrong there man, i wouldn't have told you that if it wasn't true.
what you did with the mdma was also really dangerous too man, and just cause it didn't get you last time doesn't mean you'll be as lucky next time man. still, please, by all means do what you want, but i'd at least like you to be aware of the danger you are putting yourself in okay?

Last edited:
No no, please dont think i was being arrogant i wasnt i really appreciate the you taking the time to respond. Done it with mdma plently of times just not taken any tram 24-30 hours b4 dosage and never had an issue. Maybe coz my tram dosage is low. Thought i could go less with cocaine like 12 but it appears not. Thanks for your help anyway!!

Have you checked the half-life of your Tramadol? Then you will know exactly how long it takes to get out of your system.

Also some meds accumulate and therefore may take longer for it to get out of your system if you have been on it for a while.

You can check that on the Internet yourself.?

For absolute certainty, 5x the half life, for sure everything eliminated. For myself, if I had gone 24 - 48 hours after 50mg tram, I wouldn't worry about it too much, but it would really depend what ROA/amount of coke was being done... if you sniffed a few lines two days later, odds are pretty good you'd be ok. If you rock up an 8 ball and smoke it, you may have another story entirely, possibly involving seizures and maybe and ambulance ride.

Half life is 6.3 hours. So after 13 hours ill have 25% of the drug in me. Does that work out at 12.5mg? Thats not even enough to feel anything? Dont know if it helps but im 6ft 5 and 210 pounds.

^I believe the part that you might not be totally understanding is that these drugs accumulate in the body when used chronically. We'll use kindergarten mathematics, which is about all I'm capable of. With a half-life of 6.3 hours, if you're taking the dosages 6 hours apart, as is common you would still have full 25% of the first dose of Tramadol in your body. Bear in mind, this is only day one. If this goes on for months, you can do the math and understand that the drug is going to accumulate.

So, it's really not safe to use the pharmacokinetics of a single-day's use of Tramadol as a benchmark for what you're trying to do. I'm almost certain that you'll be fine, but is it worth taking the risk? Like Keeping said, we have confirmed deaths related to this combination. We don't even know that ODB was using Tramadol at the time, it was just in his system, so who knows.

Right so tramadol 9am, 13 hours later at 10pm sniffin a few keys of cocaine til about 3 in the morn. Whats the probability of something seriously wrong happening?

That's the problem Mrsolidx. We do not like to deal in things like probabilities in regard to potentially dangerous drug practices. The information that we've provided here for you is, I believe, the full extent of what I feel comfortable giving out. I would never like to tell someone, well, you probably won't die, then see them die and have blood on my hands.

Don't get me wrong, death is not the most likely scenario, status epilepticus (seizure) is far more likely. All I can say is that you do so at your own risk man. Cocaine is a harmful, cardiotoxic substance in its own right and as we've covered already, lowers the seizure threshold considerably. It's totally up to you, but I don't recommend doing this. It's not like you're going through drug withdrawal and need certain drugs to feel better. This is entirely for a recreational, by choice experience.

Again, there's absolutely no judgement here. I've done dangerous, unacceptable things before myself, but I think you should consider whether or not your truly need to use the Cocaine. Is it worth it?

Done it too many times, without consequences. Make sure you have a benzo. If possible, save the tramadol to the next day

Worth adding i've been lucky as fuck

I don't think it was mentioned that tramadol's active metabolite has a much longer half life than that if tramadol itself, so waiting 5x that number definitely won't be sufficient

I don't think it was mentioned that tramadol's active metabolite has a much longer half life than that if tramadol itself, so waiting 5x that number definitely won't be sufficient

Awesome, nice job Slow! That's an important little tid bit.

DO NOT TRY THIS COMBO. Done it before, felt good, no synergy, but no probs... happy days.
Did it again, 6 months later, lower dose of tramadol, but higher quality Coca with 10 hours between... bang.
Major head pressure, nose running like a tap, overheating, felt close to a panic explosion, so confused I couldn't work out how to phone an ambulance... blacked out before I could work it out.
Happy to still be here. Sometimes we forget how vulnerable we are. I just got reminded.
29, 6'3", 200lbs, muscular side of average. Very familiar with everything you call recreational in large amounts.
Just don't do this, it's f*ing dangerous. Even if it wasn't, it doesn't mix nice anyway.
Be safe.