• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Tramadol and CBD/THC interaction ?

trippieh3lix

Bluelighter
Hello,

I take 100mgs of Tramadol everyday for my fibromyalgia and neck pain. I was wondering what to choose that's safest to take with tramadol, or the safer "option".

I've done this combo several times years ago, only thing I've ever gotten was a headache if I've had too much weed.

Is there one that's worse than the other? I just really want my pain levels lowered -- and need something else that will help me. Thanks!

Loads of people swear by the combo personally I hate tramadol the first few times it got me high but after that I had this horrible over stimulated nervous feeling every time I was high I stupidly kept taking them and it got a lot worse I got weird sensations in my head which felt like my blood pressure in my brain was to low when I had to sleep with my head against the wall because of I lent forward or backwards I felt like I was gonna faint and not the good kind.

And everyone I smoked weed on it the horrible effects from the tram ruined the drug this stuff is poison (in my opinion)it ain't even a proper opiate it dehydrates you to fuck to me hate to see what it looks like inside your body please don't put it in your body their are far better and safer opiates out there.

Loads of people swear by the combo personally I hate tramadol the first few times it got me high but after that I had this horrible over stimulated nervous feeling every time I was high I stupidly kept taking them and it got a lot worse I got weird sensations in my head which felt like my blood pressure in my brain was to low when I had to sleep with my head against the wall because of I lent forward or backwards I felt like I was gonna faint and not the good kind.

And everyone I smoked weed on it the horrible effects from the tram ruined the drug this stuff is poison (in my opinion)it ain't even a proper opiate it dehydrates you to fuck to me hate to see what it looks like inside your body please don't put it in your body their are far better and safer opiates out there.

I understand that but it?s the only one that my doctor will prescribe me, and it works for my nerve pain as well as some of my depression. It interacts a lot with a lot of meds, just wondering if it?s safe to hit with a THC vape pen.

Tramadol is an SRI, that's what causes most of the drug interactions you speak of. Weed however does not interact with serotonin, and as such there are no issues. Feel free to smoke as much as you like.

I frequently take Tramadol's metabolite O-DSMT (which has much stronger opioid effects and is not an SRI, Tramadol truly is lousy and that's why your doc wants to give it to you over better opioids) and smoke weed with it, the combo is very pleasurable.

I understand that but it?s the only one that my doctor will prescribe me, and it works for my nerve pain as well as some of my depression. It interacts a lot with a lot of meds, just wondering if it?s safe to hit with a THC vape pen.
ok mate I may have been a bit harsh in case you haven't noticed I really hate this drug it should be fine but please please remember the seizure is no joke even if cannabis doesn't theoretically change the seizure risk exercise caution.

I don't take near the 400mg threshold, I take as much as I need which is about 100mgs a day. I've been taking it 6 years and been ok. Always know to be careful and never use it recreationally cause it is lousy and has a ton of risks. That's why I'm scared to try weed with it cause it interacts badly with it according to drugs.com and says "MAJOR reaction" so figured I'd ask here.

I was on it daily for a few years for arthritic and nerve pain. I used weed with it regularly. It helped at worse but eventually my condition worsened and it was causing me to be too twitchy.

It doesn't interact bad with weed in the same way it does with psyches. You should be fine as long as you aren't the type of person who is prone to getting anxiety on weed.

If you can get a 1:1 thc/cbd cartridge that works great for pain.

It is unhealthy my doctor took it off me because he said it can be dangerous long term and just gave me more codeine a lot safer.

So, tramadol is what you should consider a ?fake? opiate. It still has most of the major qualities of any other major opiate, and is basically metabolized by your liver into morphine.

THC has many amazing attributes from preventing tumor growth to preventing anxiety. However, when taken with an opiate, has been shown to cause depression.

If you?re looking to get high, sure. Long term, I would not recommend staying on tramadol. For you, I would ask your doctor about Lyrica or Nurotin. They might control nerve pain better for you.

Either way, you need to treat Tramadol as a full fledged opiate, and expect the same consequences from taking it.

So, tramadol is what you should consider a ?fake? opiate. It still has most of the major qualities of any other major opiate, and is basically metabolized by your liver into morphine.

THC has many amazing attributes from preventing tumor growth to preventing anxiety. However, when taken with an opiate, has been shown to cause depression.

If you?re looking to get high, sure. Long term, I would not recommend staying on tramadol. For you, I would ask your doctor about Lyrica or Nurotin. They might control nerve pain better for you.

Either way, you need to treat Tramadol as a full fledged opiate, and expect the same consequences from taking it.

What are you talking about? I never once said it was fake, nor do I not take it serious. If I didn?t take it serious I wouldn?t be posting here. I?ve taken Gabapentin (and got bad stomach pain), and Lyrica (I was getting really bad vision problems from it). I?ve also tried a few others (Elavil, Cymbalta) and my body just doesn?t react well to them.

I took tramadol for my neck pain and it was lighter than Vicodin or Oxy, and it worked the best. It doesn?t make me feel like crap the next day; and it?s better than taking any other sort of antidepressant (they make me feel like I?m not even alive, and give me nasty side effects). I understand the ?risks? of Tramadol, but it?s the only thing making me feel like I?m not having a heart attack or feeling like I?m not going to wake up the next day.

It?s the only thing helping me get out of bed. Im having an old symptom come back and weed is one of the few things that can help it, because it?s a scary pain coming from my neck and making my head feel like it?s going to burst from the inside.

It still has most of the major qualities of any other major opiate, and is basically metabolized by your liver into morphine.

It's metabolized to O-desmethyl-Tramadol in the liver, which is a full mu agonist if I am correct, like Morphine.