• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Tramadol and Caffeine Risk??

elstongunn39

Bluelighter
So I took 200 mg of tramadol, the last of my stash, but had earlier had a few cups of yerba mate (I'm very caffeine-addicted/tolerant, so that's not a huge dose for me). Tramadol is a little stimmy on its own though, and now my heart is racing a little bit (still under 100 resting, but I feel pretty stimmed out/weird). I had read that caffeine and tramadol was a safe combo but I feel like caffeine lowers the seizure threshold. I don't have any benzos/ what should I do ? Also is this a normal feeling on tramadol?

hey does xanax help at all w/ tramadol seizures ? I've heard it's less of an anticonvulsant than klonopin

Xanax would help, but poly drug abuse is a really bad idea. Stay below 400mg of tramadol/day, but even less can cause seizures if you're seizure prone. I don't think combining caffeine and tramadol will increase your seizure risk by much. You mainly need to watch out for serotonergic drugs while youre taking tramadol.

I would bet that the racing heart beat is mainly a result of the yerba mate. Mate can be a powerful stim on its own, so I would avoid combining it with tramadol.

My heart rates always like 100 flat on stimulants if you have insurance they scanned my heart with a ultrasound and i think electricity. They can check if you have a heart irregularity. I'm no heart doctor but I believe there are things like a arota chamber that can hypertrophy and explod and like valves that can malform and Artie's that supply the heart with blood and ionchannel electrical signals and if you regularly have rapid heartbeats it can make these things worse.

I started exercising I mean like walking while on my phone on a treadmill and light weight lifting for 30-60 min 5 x and week and I feel much less heart racing. ESP after standing. But I'd ask if ur healthy enough for exercise and I exercise before mystims kick in and don't push it just keeping heart healthy tangle for a solid half hour or so

I don't like tramadol and caffeine either, except when I'm experiencing the afterglow of tram the morning after use and then have some coffee. If I use them like that it really perks me up and brings the buzz back somewhat but if I drink coffee within 5 hours of taking tram it'll just make my heart race and kill the sedating effects.

Anything that lowers the seizure threshold poses a risk. That risk is proven higher with Tramadol.