• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Tramadol and Benzos

supersonic89

Bluelighter
Hello bluelighters.

What do you think of mixing Tramadol and Benzos recreationally? I know that benzos are recommended when taking high doses of Tramadol to reduce the chances of seizures but I just want to know if both drugs are potentiated each other and have some recreational value. I have heard mixed opinions about it: some think that Tramadol is potentiated by benzos and others say that benzos kill the high.

I'm afraid of wasting Tramadol since almost everytime I've taken benzos I end up blacking out and the next day I don't remember anything about my high.

So what is the best Benzo to mix with Tramadol? I have 12 milligrams of Clonazepam and I am pretty much a benzo naive. What dose do you recommend to boost my Tramadol?

Some feel a lot from tramadol, I never have. But I'd say if you're benzo naive it'd need be minimal. (The benzos, not the tram)

Some feel a lot from tramadol, I never have. But I'd say if you're benzo naive it'd need be minimal. (The benzos, not the tram)

What do you think of 2 mg of Clonazepam? It will be too much? I don't want to blackout.

What do you think of 2 mg of Clonazepam? It will be too much? I don't want to blackout.
For personal reference I myself have blacked out on 1mg, but I was up for three or so days on meth and was withdrawaling from heroin, but I'll never forget it because I totalled my car and two others at a red light. If you've blacked out on that amount before do less is my opinion. No other person's reference point is going to be as good as your own.

It's not a good idea to mix Benzodiazepines and Opioids/opiates virtually ever. There is always a risk of having benzo-induced overdose from respiratory depression. However this is the fun sucking answer.

One time I remember taking 4 milligrams of alprazolam and 20 milligrams of Percocet. Which in retrospect are not crazy high doses, but my roommate was concerned that I was dead after I blacked out. I had very low tolerance to either drug at the time.. so it would take more than those amounts for sure to off oneself. I don't find Benzos to potentiate the effects of opiates at all--in fact in my opinion the combo kills the euphoria from the opiates.

But if you're going to proceed to mix the two substances, the most important thing is to not black out as once you fall asleep it can increase your chances for respiratory depression bc your breathing slows down even more when no longer awake. Most people who have died from this combination in my opinion (I have no proof to back this up) had been combining the two for quite some time. So they took their chances seeing how much they could take by increasing their regular doses and eventually it claimed their lives. Be very careful about this.. even with knowledge of where your tolerance is this situation is quite intricate because you don't know what your tolerance is like for the combination of Benzos and opiates. No addict no matter how experienced or knowledgable of drugs is totally safe from overdosing. It's important to never become over-confident and forego caution. Too many great lives were claimed by overdosing.

Plus, should you become addicted to either Benzos and opiates or both--it's going to be one hell of a bitch to withdraw from that. If you're not an opiate addict already trust me it's not a good place to be no matter how pleasurable the substances may seem.

Last edited:

Please please please do not take 2mg of clonazepam, it's a rather potent benzo and that's considered a higher dose. That seems to be why you're blacking out, dont start so high always do the minimum and titrate ALWAYS. YOU CAN TAKE MORE, BUT NOT LESS.

That being said this used to be my favorite combo (although I cannot officially recommend you to take it, it's not HR). Start at 0.25mg and a small dose of tramadol if you intend to go through with this. See how you react. Benzos are incredibly effective potentiators of opioids.

Thanks guys.

You are right, 2 mg is a lot for someone with my tolerance level. Last year I took Lorazepam with Tramadol and, although I really liked the initial effect, I ended up blacking out without knowing what the hell happened. The sedative effect was so great that not even 4 cans of Red Bull could wake me up

So I listened to you guys and I took 0.25 mg of Clonazepam. Let's see what happens.

Some people are like "I took 10 milligrams of *insert benzo* here and wrote a paper." Lol. If you have tolerance to benzos it's much easier to function on them, but otherwise 2 milligrams can be blackout city.

I've always found that .5-1 milligram is a good dose for the benefits of anti-anxiety drugs like alprazolam and clonepazem. .5 is probably better for someone with really low to nonexistent benzo tolerance. I just don't see the point in taking something that makes you black out and forget every second of the night before--that doesn't fit my idea of recreational fun.

Benzos always make me so tired. Even with the lowest doses I find myself getting so tired later in the day. I prefer stimulating things. They also blur inhibition which is something to look out for. You don't want to take a benzodiazepine and then not feel the effects and take a lot more which can definitely happen to people. The effects sometimes the a while to kick in for some reason. And all drugs that blur inhibition can make you feel immune to dangerous combos.

Fellas, one last question: should I take the benzo along with trams at the same time? Before or after? Or doesn't it even matter?