• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Tramadol 50mg tabs for opiate Wd

Alicia420

Bluelighter
Long time RX opiate abuser and been trying to clean my shit up. Clean for a month and of course relapsed. On day 2 and have to work through it and sick as a dog. Took about 8-10 10/325 daily not at once but spread out over about 12hrs. Dealers are all dried up. One time while withdrawing I took some codeine cough syrup I had from pneumonia and it helped alleviate Wd symtoms A LOT. A friend just gave me 12 50mg tabs of tramadol and I just took 1 cause I've never taken it and I know the allergic reaction rate can be high. Honestly, so far I feel better an hour into one pill. I'm not trying to get high I'm just trying not to be sick I'm sure some of you know the feeling. Can't say I feel 100% better but I almost feel normal and yet I think I might be getting a slight buzz. I'm not prone to seizures or anything as I've read it lowers your seizure threshold. Just wondering if it's ok to take a small amount maybe once a day to help with the Vicodin Wd? Thank you

Took 1 50mg tab and felt so much better maybe a slight buzz but nothing that I enjoy to the point I crave them. I perfectly aware tramadol can become the devil if taken long term as far as Wd goes but trust me it's not something I would ever abuse it's nothing that's worth it. But took one more 50mg so 100mg total within 2hrs and my Wd symtoms have pretty much gone away. Still don't feel great, my legs feel like noodles because they went from cramping to not cramping. Runny nose is gone and the vice grip feeling in my stomach is also gone. Just gonna take 2 a day until the 10 I have left are gone. At least over next two days until I know I'm out of the woods from the Vicodin as far as the physical symptoms go. Then ideally keep the tramadol around in case I go through this again.

What you a describing sound responsible and reasonable. Just make sure you're determined and walk away from the tram's.

Definitely will. Thanks for the response I feel normal right now. No Wd symptoms and if there are any they're extremely mild. Tramadol is something I could never use recreationally as it doesn't give me any sort of buzz maybe just a mild one, nothing to keep me coming back. Just keep them handy in case of withdrawal emergency. I know all too well that trams are evil if you become addicted. Not even gonna open that door just like after years of pill abuse I've never opened the H door, thankfully.

I too have used Tramadol to ease opiate withdrawals. My experience runs along the same as yours, takes away wds but doesn't get me high. I go from lying in bed all day wishing someone would shoot me to feeling semi normal enough to get up and eat and do light tasks. It's like there's just enough opiate in it to make things bearable. Much better than lope and less dangerous IMO. Def not something I'd wanna get into long term as I've seen first hand my wife experience the horrors of tram wds.

Definitely not something you want to play with long term. Never seen the Wd effects first hand, but read horror stories enough to know it's worse than opiate Wd. Today is day 3. I should and would normally still be feeling like total garbage. 100mg when I wake up and another 100 late evening and I have zero Wd symtoms except diarrhea which I can handle. I usually wait til day 4 to start Imodium as I feel it's my body flushing toxins like when you have the flu. I get no buzz at all but feel completely normal. I can't express how great I feel. Definitely gonna decrease my dose tomorrow and then keep them handy should I go through this again. Rare all my dealers are dry at once. I would really like to just stay clean now that I don't fear Wd anymore. But I can't say I'm going to when the likelihood of them calling me is all it will take. Ugh the cycle.

Sure, tram' will ease your wds, but if you're trying to get clean, they're only delaying the inevitable, in fact they may make your post WD depression worse, because tram will affect your serotonin levels.

If you use them for a bit and they don't get you high and you stick to a strict schedule it could be like a taper. Just take half pills at the end.

OP I hear ya on the cycle. It's like fate or something, as soon as I'm over the worst of the withdrawals and the PAWS sets in someone will almost always call or text saying they have something.

Now don't get me wrong, I am scripted pain meds but like a lot of chronic pain sufferers tolerance rises (alarmingly fast for me for some reason) and docs aren't exactly very eager to up dosages so I DO run out early and well I think you get the picture. The DEA has cracked down and scared a lot of docs into being very conservative with what they dole out as well so that's definitely a factor.

In my opinion you've made it this far, why not get clean if you don't really NEED them. Purely your choice of course but a life chained to opioids ain't the greatest. I'm taking a break from them for a while to see how it goes but mainly for my kids as I have Children's Court breathing down my neck and the uneducated (as far as pain meds are concerned) decision makers seem to think me taking my prescribed pain meds equals me being incoherant in a drug induced coma. Ironic as the pain meds enable me to be a better dad, to be active with my kids and not laid up in bed with intense pain. Sucks ass but something I have to do for the sake of my kids.

@ John Doe Junk.. Look into dxm, If you take it 30 minutes before your dose, it will enhance the high and pain killing properties, and will simultaneously lower your tolerance. It might help you make your meds last longer.

Only taken half the dose today. From 100mg when I wake up and in the late evening to 50 each time. Going to take 50mg tomorrow and that's it just when I wake up as that's when I feel the worst. Tomorrow will be day 4 so shouldn't have to take them after tomorrow. And if I'm feeling a little shitty for a few more days I'll deal with it. Definitely lived through worse working during Wd. Would love to quit but like I said probably not gonna happen. Really disappoint myself but if I get clean I'm gonna need professional help.

Best, easiest way to come off is to taper off slowly, reduce slowly, stabilize, if you have a feeling it is to much, go up a bit less than you decreased, and only for a day. Say you decrease 50 or 25 mg, you have issue, feel bad, increase 25, or 1.25 mg, and try decreasing again the day after. If it is really hard, go back (increase) and try again later. Sometimes it is easy to jump down for 50 or even 100 mg on T, but when you hit the wall you have to go really slow, like 25 mg or less.
Get some benzos, and imodium. Dont take too much imodium. It affects bowel (constipation) much, much harder than T.