• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Tramadol 400mg+

femaletrouble

Bluelighter
Ok I know that if a opiate knave person were to suddenly go from say 50mg to 400mg the risk of seizure would be very likely. Now would this stil apply to someone who has gradually built up a tolerance to tramadol? I can remember not to long ago that if I were to acseed 150mg I would be sick as a dog but now I can easily take 200mg without even nausea so does this mean that if I were t keep increasing up to 400mg + I would not be putting myself at risk? Because of good Ile tolerance? Thanks for any advice ?

It depends, for how long you've been taking them? No one can assure you that you won't have one, right now i'm on 650 mg and I feel fine but i've been taking them for a loong time. Also I had seizures at doses as low as 300 mg before and back then I used to do much more than now so your opioid tolerance doesn't provide a big safety net.

So to answer the question, you'd be putting yourself to a risk. Don't get over 400 mg it doesn't become much more pleasurable trust me

Ok I know that if a opiate knave person were to suddenly go from say 50mg to 400mg the risk of seizure would be very likely. Now would this stil apply to someone who has gradually built up a tolerance to tramadol? I can remember not to long ago that if I were to acseed 150mg I would be sick as a dog but now I can easily take 200mg without even nausea so does this mean that if I were t keep increasing up to 400mg + I would not be putting myself at risk? Because of good Ile tolerance? Thanks for any advice ?

Nah. I'm actually prone to seizures and when I used to take Tramadol I took up to 1150mg a day and never once had a seizure from it. And this was a regular thing for over 3 years.

Nah. I'm actually prone to seizures and when I used to take Tramadol I took up to 1150mg a day and never once had a seizure from it. And this was a regular thing for over 3 years.

Yeah well, the 400mg upwards warning is obviously a general trend. Your personal experience is not generally transferrable. So @OP, I'd be wary to exceed the 400mg, besides potential addiction and increasing tolerance, there is the seizure risk. You won't know for sure until you've had the first seizure and that should be avoided at all costs.

Yeah well, the 400mg upwards warning is obviously a general trend. Your personal experience is not generally transferrable. So @OP, I'd be wary to exceed the 400mg, besides potential addiction and increasing tolerance, there is the seizure risk. You won't know for sure until you've had the first seizure and that should be avoided at all costs.

I think the seizure warnings are really exaggerated but still, seizures are horrible and if you wanna try more I'd try small increases at first. If 200mg is good for you and you wanna increase I'd try 250mg (300 if you really wanna notice the difference). If you have any benzo's at hand that would eliminate the seizure risk at high doses, but if you take a benzo, remember to decrease your Tramadol dose accordingly as the increase the effects of each other.

When I would try higher doses of tramadol I would also take cyproheptadine as it has antiserotoninergic effects in addition to potentiating the opioid effect, but never counted on it 100 per cent to keep me out of trouble and would slow down on the tramadol if I had dizziness from it.