• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Track marks

NansMate

Greenlighter
Hey there hope you’ve all been well over the holidays,
I’m writing today to find out if someone has a remedy for helping track marks heal (fresh ones, old ones, possible burst blood vessel, swelling and bruising)
I know most will heal over time apart from the scars but I’m just wanting to speed up the process,
Maybe there’s some type of cream or ointment? Or maybe something like holding an ice pack over it?
Very interested in your remedies if you have them
Thanks so much in advance

Yeah there's plenty of scar reducing creams OTC at pharmacies, HIRUOID cream is one that is effective and cheap. More effective ones can be very expensive.

Avoiding getting track marks is better, have you read up on techniques to use for vein health?

Its important as the damage underneath the skin can be dangerous/fatal.

Keeping firm even pressure over the site for over 30 seconds with a clean wipe will stop leaks and bruising, rotating sites often and not reusing needles generally prevents the track marks appearing but they are inevitable with long term use.

Straight vitamin e oil is great. Its on the moderate side price wise but a little goes a long way. Arnica cream is a miracle for bruising and swelling.

Vitamin E oil will help already healed scars, as well as hyaluronic acid. You can avoid tracks by staying hydrated, properly rotating spots, and obviously using clean needles. If the vein isnt ready, wait or switch spots. I found i could hit easiest after a hot shower when my blood was pumping.

Keeping firm even pressure over the site for over 30 seconds with a clean wipe will stop leaks and bruising

To add, if you’re hitting in the crook of your arm avoid flexing at the elbow to stanch bleeding. Antecubital veins deteriorate more quickly over time when doing this as opposed to applying pressure while the arm is extended.

As far as bruising, arnica gel can help clear it up faster than using nothing.

Going to reaffirm you on vitamin E oil being the solution thats both effective and economical. You can get it at any pharmacy. Also, stop shooting up or at least make sure you are both rotating injection sites and using fresh needle EVERY time you inject to minimize further damage. Thats both short term the initial poke and long term the scar.

Try finding spots that are less obvious than say the crook if your arm too. Everybody knows what a blasted vein looks like in the crook, but a little dot (which may not even be left behind if you follow my rotation + fresh needle suggestion) on your upper arm or leg or wherever... the chances people will notice that is almost nil. Be very careful hitting those spots too though because theyre a little tougher to hit and you dont ever want to be jabbing yourself over and over. In my opinion, if you cant hit something by the second try, tops, get a new rig and just do it where you can hit easily.

It is possible to be an IV user and not look like an obvious “junkie”. Just take care how you inject and get that vit e. Also, eat well and drink lots kf water and take vitamins. Those will all promote healing as well.

Is toothpaste a myth?

I have heard of toothpaste yet not for bruising lol.

Haemorrhoid cream (hiruoid) is quick to reduce swelling and bruising , works wonders on puffy eyelids too.

Use it to reduce bruising fast.

Warm compresses encourage fluid to reabsorb faster and cool compresses might feel good but don't help much

Going to reaffirm you on vitamin E oil being the solution thats both effective and economical. You can get it at any pharmacy. Also, stop shooting up or at least make sure you are both rotating injection sites and using fresh needle EVERY time you inject to minimize further damage. Thats both short term the initial poke and long term the scar.

Try finding spots that are less obvious than say the crook if your arm too. Everybody knows what a blasted vein looks like in the crook, but a little dot (which may not even be left behind if you follow my rotation + fresh needle suggestion) on your upper arm or leg or wherever... the chances people will notice that is almost nil. Be very careful hitting those spots too though because theyre a little tougher to hit and you dont ever want to be jabbing yourself over and over. In my opinion, if you cant hit something by the second try, tops, get a new rig and just do it where you can hit easily.

It is possible to be an IV user and not look like an obvious “junkie”. Just take care how you inject and get that vit e. Also, eat well and drink lots kf water and take vitamins. Those will all promote healing as well.
Off topic but I found satans servant in the Kindle store. Haha

I've found for long-term healing, natural stuff like Aloe, Arnica, Cocoa Butter etc. are the most effective treatments. If you're looking for temporary concealment, make-up works great. That's how I got my job at the preschool as a matter of fact.