• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Track Marks MEGA Thread v 1:Human Pin Cushion

I haven't shot for a long time and my scars are as healed as they're gonna be. There are kind of "scar dimples" that are quite noticeable in sunlight btw I used large, thick pins) I also have the blue marks in the crook of my arm.

If I am meeting family, friends etc I use pancake foundation as its thick and acts as filler for indentations and a colour that matches my skin. Is they're anything more permanent I can do here?

If I had money I think I would consider cosmetic surgery.

It was a great thread topic IMO

Thats true; i find it very uncomfortable the way my family automaticaly look at my arms when i take my jacket off however, as theyre aware of my history. The average stranger in the street wouldnt notice my healed marks.

Damn, i remember the way my arms used to look and i shudder; abcecsses, weeping tracks it was not pretty

Thats true; i find it very uncomfortable the way my family automaticaly look at my arms when i take my jacket off however, as theyre aware of my history. The average stranger in the street wouldnt notice my healed marks.

Damn, i remember the way my arms used to look and i shudder; abcecsses, weeping tracks it was not pretty

Yeah, it's rough seeing the look of disgust on your loved ones face when they see all your scars and shit.

The first time my mom saw my hands and realized I was fixing there, after I hadn't seen her for a while, the look on her face was brutal.

I catch my girlfriend looking at them a lot too. She runs her fingers over them and stuff.

But it's the hardest on me having to constantly look at them. Just a cold reminder of the choices I've made.

Yeah it sounds strange, but its like you'll never be "innocent" in the eyes of your family again, and its kinda sad to know that.
Im just grateful im not trapped in such a self destructive cycle anymore. (I wasnt kind to my veins; it bordered on self-mutilation)

I am 22 days off and I still have tracks. Probably will take months to heal IMO.

The fact I am still not deterred still seriously bothers me and I am beginning to accept why that is.

So with knowing more about what lead to "now" and why I am accepting this and choosing to forgive myself.

I am only using cannabis extract (shatter), and I am ok with using shatter.

Much <3 to everyone else out there.

Last edited:
Yeah some tracks take longer to fade then others.. then sometimes you'll end up with some nice permanent scars.

It's been a few years since I've injected now, and they're as healed as they're ever gonna be. The skin just doesn't look right somehow, kind of "cratered", and their are some slightly visible scars, the most noticeable thing is that in cold weather, my hands go extremely red in colour; a dead giveaway for other injectors, but most people just ask why my hands are that colour...I tell them I have poor circulation, which is true.

Sounds pretty weird, but if I'm around people who're aware of my injecting like close family/ friends etc they tend to notice those imperfections, so I put a dab of pancake foundation matching my skin colour. It's like this really thick foundation that forms a second skin, making the damaged skin look as good as new. I know, it's pretty weird.

winter provides some relief but summer sucks. i got the vitamin E caps to rub over the site right after to reduce redness swelling ect...

I regret peeping this thread after reading all the posts about how the major track scars are permanent XO I did NOT know that they may never go away! oh well, I guess I was going to find out down the road anyways...

You'd be surprised how much subtle even the worst track marks will look after a couple of years. I used to use very wide gauge needles, and the damage was pretty damn extreme tbh; as I posted above, they're quite well healed now and not obviously the arms of a shooter. So, don't panic if they're messy, they do heal eventually

"Time heals all wounds"

I regret peeping this thread after reading all the posts about how the major track scars are permanent XO I did NOT know that they may never go away! oh well, I guess I was going to find out down the road anyways...

Only really bad ones stay permanent, and even then, they fade.

But a scar is a scar. You can't expect to penetrate your flesh with a sharp object time and time again and not leave some permanent marks..

I am 22 days off and I still have tracks. Probably will take months to heal IMO.

The fact I am still not deterred still seriously bothers me and I am beginning to accept why that is.

So with knowing more about what lead to "now" and why I am accepting this and choosing to forgive myself.

I am only using cannabis extract (shatter), and I am ok with using shatter.

Much <3 to everyone else out there.

I've never heard of the extract you're using. "Shatter"? Is that like the pure thc oil I've been hearing about? I haven't smoked weed for years now, but I've been experimenting with Syncans lately quite a bit. 22 days in is a good distance; I'd say it took me not much not longer than a month or two until the overwhelming urge to shoot had passed. Years down the line, I can honestly say I'm not that bothered about this ROA. And that's a big thing; I used to dream about shooting.

Anyway, sorry to side track there.

Last edited:
healing track marks

I have read that neosporin and jajoba oil are good for healing track marks. Unfortunately I have neither where I am now, and since I go to the doctor in 4 days (yea I know I should of planned furthet ahead and started applying it weeks and weeks ago instead of just starting today -_-) I was wondering if anyone has used emu oil to heal track marks

this shit is the bomb for stretched ears and healing scars from blowouts (thats why I have it) so it seems safe to assume that if its great for scars on your ears itd be great for healing track marks... right? By the way im not shooting any more so im not applying it to places that have been freshly hit

I know a large amount of people who used vitamin E gelcap things and bust them open for the oil and rub it on.

Additionally, sweating and applying it definitely helps. I did a sauna detox and can attest scars (of any kind) were less noticeable afterwards. But saunas can be indeed uncomfortable and you only have 4 days so idk

Collapsed veins and subsequent bruising (how to get rid of tracks)

Hey guys, quick question here for any who suffer from the brusing/black looking bruise marks that usually follow a collapsed vein.

I've thought of two possible solutions only one of which applies to me:

A)Tanning, would tanning possibly tan the skin well enough to cover up the bruise marks? I was wondering if this may also have the added benefit of when the skin tans and dies to allow new skin to be created if this may help to heal the bruise marks.

B) Tattoo's: this would be the most ideal way for me to do so but its not quite possibly with my line of work.

Im trying to get rid of these bruise marks but they've been here for about a year now and seem semi-permanent, in the past some marks have eventually gone away with time but these appear to be caused by the tar in particular and follow a collapsed vein.

Any help, tips or insight is greatly appreciated.

NSFW:
28ahjxx.jpg

20g06ky.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
For harm reduction sake I'll point out that you shouldn't continue iv use although it looks like you're not using.

As far as suggestions I've got none besides hopefully time heals all.