• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Toy store selling cannabis-dealing game

slimvictor

Bluelight Crew
An adult card game which lets players pretend to be cannabis-dealing kingpins is being sold at Toyworld Palmerston North.

In Grass, players use cards to mimic dealing cannabis, stealing from one another and protecting their "stash" to amass drug money.

Individual cards include "Steal your neighbour's pot", "Catch a buzz" and "Lust conquers all".

Earlier today it was reported that Nelson's Toyworld sold Grass next to decks of playing cards such as UNO.

The Manawatu Standard visited Toyworld in Palmerston North and found the game was also on sale there, but was only available over the counter.

"Like the real thing, it's easy to learn," say the tongue-in-cheek instructions. "We suggest that you begin gradually with Grass, till you get used to it."

Grass is out of the reach of most little hands, but would stand out to any older children who could identify the distinctive cannabis leaf emblazoned on the packaging.

A saleswoman at the Nelson store, who did not wish to be identified, said the game was never sold to customers under 18, although the store did not ask for identification.

"They don't rate [Grass], but it's never children who buy it. It's always adults," the saleswoman said.

"We don't promote selling [cannabis] or smoking it or anything. It's just a game."

She said the game had first been stocked by a previous store owner, and had been sold in Toyworld for at least nine years.

Customers regularly requested it and four units had been sold so far this year.

There had been only three complaints overall.

Toyworld national buyer Repeka Haurua said Grass was not a product Toyworld would support or encourage.

She confirmed that the game was not stocked nationwide.

"It's not something I would ever promote and it's not something I would buy," she said.

"[Consuming cannabis] is a behaviour that we don't condone."

cont at
http://www.stuff.co.nz/manawatu-standard/news/8699292/Toy-store-selling-cannabis-dealing-game

I've seen that around in game stores (which are frequented by a teen-middle age audience), but I can see why there'd be complaints about it being at a toy store that caters to children.

Sounds exactly like "weed" the garden growing card game. It even has the same cards just different names, played it nonstop for like a year forever ago