• [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/1star.gif[/img]

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/2stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Had to make it a meme...

trmeme.png

<3

i suppose by now everyone knows they're remaking this starring colin farrel, jessica biel, kate beckinsale and ethan hawke, right?

well here http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1386703/

it is happening.

anyway, my question is simple. if they are going to be more authentic to the original philip k dick story, why aren't they changing the name either back to "we can remember it for you wholesale" or something else? the title "total recall" connotes the arnie led adaptation, not the original.

i suppose by now everyone knows they're remaking this starring colin farrel, jessica biel, kate beckinsale and ethan hawke, right?

well here http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1386703/

it is happening.

anyway, my question is simple. if they are going to be more authentic to the original philip k dick story, why aren't they changing the name either back to "we can remember it for you wholesale" or something else? the title "total recall" connotes the arnie led adaptation, not the original.

i knew. and bryan cranston and bill nighy are going to be in it.

im actually excited for it lol. it makes me laugh just thinking about it

Thursday, I lay prone at the dentist's having a root canal. He started grinding away with some kind of burring drill . ''What the hell iis that - the mine machine from Total Recall!?'', said I. Said he, ''The what?'' Total Recall is classic. I had no idea there are so many fellow fans :) (Hope the stupid remake flops like Arthur - commence badmouth campaign, starting now.)

Last edited:
Isn't it funny how Philip K. Dick has become a bottomless Hollywood idea factory and "genius", when during his lifetime he was pretty much just a mentally deranged meth-crazed lunatic?

As for remaking this film, I think it's dumb. But you don't look to big budget Hollywood movies for originality. And, to be fair, if you were an executive and about to sink $200 million into something you would want to have some idea idea of its proven earning potential.

The original Total Recall is quintessential 80s film making. Unforgivably over the top, but brilliant in a way that stays with you. Like Scarface. I think it's a fantastic movie.

...or that mutant with three tits.

Having Farrell as the lead is disappointing. Having no three-titted women would be the final nail in the coffin.

kids, in the remake kuato is not even a mutant attached to some drunkard's guts. check my link, he's played by bill nighy.

as for farrell, gotta grant that "get your arse to mars" sounds better, more rhymey

^ I get it but that's not how it was written... this is going so suck so badly.

Count me in as another skeptic...having read the source it's based on, I'm amazed at how good the movie is despite being basically an extended ad-lib, and despite the fact that the F/X are very low-rent by modern standards (just models, stunts, and generic explosions). It suspect it will feel more like a sequel with the usual bloat than a remake, and that's no good. Oh well; money.

the trailer to the remake HAS A TRAILER (this makes it a teaser for a trailer for a remake of an adaptation of a short story.... is that right?)

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/23427/-total-recall-trailer-gets-teased

honestly, if the film lives up to the tone of this little snippet, i will be farkin pleased. .... however, i don't have my hopes up, trailers are often deceiving and they are basically ripping the promethius tone anyway.

trp.jpg

Not sure about that trailer of a trailer.

Googled the 2012 adaptation, and it seems like a dystopic SF/action flick with political overtones. At least the 1990 adaptation did strongly hint about the ambiguity of the character's sanity, which was more faithful to the themes of PKD.

Two best lines in Total Recall:

Ugly guy grabs Arnies arm:

'You got some nerve showin' your face around here Howser'

'Look who's talking'

Ugly mutant gets stroppy:
'Relax, you'll live longer'

Makes me laugh my ass off every time I see the scence.

On another note, the Blu-Ray version of this film is outstanding - it felt like I was watching a newly-made film with late 80's sets and effects in it

the trailer to the remake HAS A TRAILER (this makes it a teaser for a trailer for a remake of an adaptation of a short story.... is that right?)

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/23427/-total-recall-trailer-gets-teased

honestly, if the film lives up to the tone of this little snippet, i will be farkin pleased. .... however, i don't have my hopes up, trailers are often deceiving and they are basically ripping the promethius tone anyway.

trp.jpg

Lol that trailer looks more like a Mass Effect live action video game adaptation. Which come to think of it would be a lot cooler than a remake of a classic like this. (I could see Colin playing Commander Shepherd, but to fill in Arnie's shoes? He doesn't have what it takes.)

Seriously why are they doing this. Must they ruin everything?

Isn't it funny how Philip K. Dick has become a bottomless Hollywood idea factory and "genius", when during his lifetime he was pretty much just a mentally deranged meth-crazed lunatic?

Adding to the post-houmous irony is that he was, as most pulp sci-fi writers are, broke his entire life. Schizophrenic and poor is no way to go through life!

I saw this thread bumped and wondered why people were talking about a film from 1990. Just found out about the remake a few hours ago. I also found out

THEY'RE REMAKING ROBOCOP!

The level of unoriginality in mainstream entertainment is absolutely fucking sickening.

i was momentarily extremely interested in the robocop remake, back when darren aronofsky was attached to direct. now i'm more interested to see if detroit ever went through with the robocop statue there was an uproar about the other year.

Robocop, taking place in a ruined, decaying Detroit. Hmmm, they can even use current Detroit for filming without changing a thing. :p

Robocop, taking place in a ruined, decaying Detroit. Hmmm, they can even use current Detroit for filming without changing a thing. :p

I've been to Detroit, so I can confirm the the place is in fact, an utter shithole. I actually saw 6 feet plumes of steam coming out of manhole covers and people living in burnt out houses, I shat myself driving through there and it was 6 in the morning for christs sake!