• 🇺🇸󠁿 🇧🇷 🇨🇦 🇦🇷 🇲🇽 🇹🇹 🇨🇺
    The Americas
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • NSADD Moderators: deficiT | Jen

Misc Toronto

I'll pass on that. It's 16 today, t-shirt weather

If there's one more mash up on the roads first thing in the morning, I swear I'm leaving forever.

This place is fucking up.

My two fav pubs are dead. A French restaurant I liked going to....dead.

And then we get both Chicago and London: stabbings AND gunshot. Best of both worlds. Good times in the airport terminal of the world. Fuck, at least I have a lake view.

My guy has to travel the 401 daily. I couldn't do that. The 407 is great but expensive

My guy has to travel the 401 daily. I couldn't do that. The 407 is great but expensive
The 407 is heaven to the 401's hell.
Unfortunately, I rarely get the 407 being along my way to work. I'm stuck with a next fucking beast: The Gardiner.....and DVP. Send help.

They're all fucked. Try the 410. Dare you. I'll pray for you if you do.

The 407 is heaven to the 401's hell.
Unfortunately, I rarely get the 407 being along my way to work. I'm stuck with a next fucking beast: The Gardiner.....and DVP. Send help.

They're all fucked. Try the 410. Dare you. I'll pray for you if you do.
I drive manual so city driving is a pain in the butt as it is. My first house was at Bathurst and davenport and I took the train/street car if I wasn't going to far. I payed 350k for that house 20 years ago and that was considered a high price. I wish I kept it, be about 3.5 million today.
I remember when squigy kids started at the overpasses on the Gardiner and everyone was freaking out. Now all of downtown is gone to sht.
I kinda miss living downtown being so close to everything but being in my 40's I don't go out enough to miss it that much.
I couldn't afford to move back anyway

Now all of downtown is gone to sht.
Union Station post-Covid is a dystopian nightmare. I used to like hanging out there and there are way better restaurants now than pre-reconstruction, but it's gone to shit in terms of how sketchy it's become.
I kinda miss living downtown being so close to everything but being in my 40's I don't go out enough to miss it that much.
Yeah, I'm nearing 40 and I'm over the need for the hype nightlife. Bed time at 9 sounds fucking great. Besides, most of my fav joints are dead and gone. Except Wide Open.
I couldn't afford to move back anyway
I can't afford to move out. :eek:

Most places are unaffordable to most now unless you want to live an 8 hour drive north.
I've seen ads of people renting out 1/2 a bedroom for 1k.
I can see why the young generation have a bleak outlook for their future.
Hard to save for a down-payment when a 1 bedroom apartment is 2k. Add in student loans and you're barely scraping by.
We desperately need housing but the government is doing nothing about it.
Neither party is doing anything about it. Election promises but why wait. All government should be something about it now.

We desperately need housing but the government is doing nothing about it.
Neither party is doing anything about it. Election promises but why wait. All government should be something about it now.
I work in construction. It's a bit complex.

I always laugh when politicos make promises of building X number of new homes. They just pull numbers out of their arse without knowing where the labour is going to come from.

The one thing that can be done to vastly improve the situation is to fix zoning which can be done now.
Second thing that can be done immediately is to stop putting up barriers to new builds.
Politicians claim they want more housing but then they stand by planning and permitting regimes that make a mockery of that claim.

Also, not enough workers skilled enough. My generation was completely pushed towards university and specifically IT-related studies when we were in high school (20+ years ago). This has hindered the development of much needed skilled workers in construction. It's dismal. When you can find people willing to do the work, you don't want them doing the work because they're completely unqualified, unskilled, or just plain useless.

I don't know if it's true or not but I've heard some building permits can take up to 10 years. Then you have people not wanting a building in their neighborhood.
Same when I went to school. It was like they sold university as a way to a good career and trades were for people who couldn't get into university. Now it's the opposite because we're lacking tradesmen.
You make more money in trades then some university courses.

Last edited:
I don't know if it's true or not but I've heard some building permits can take up to 10 years.
Never seen this but I wouldn't even be surprised if it took that long after battles with neighbours and having to redesign various aspects of the build only to have the rules changed on you.
It's still ridiculous when it takes 1 year, never mind 10.
You make more money in trades then some university courses.
Yes, yes, we do. I'd go ahead and say most university courses. Doctors, lawyers, some engineers, and architects can compete. Everyone else? You chose wrong. ;)

Hard to save for a down-payment when a 1 bedroom apartment is 2k.

$2.4k here, and we might not have even peaked yet

tbh i think it's going to take a long time to get this country back on track.

i don't think i have that kind of patience

Canada was a great country, sad to see the shape its in now.
The problems we have would take years to fix.
I've thought about moving more every year

Canada was a great country, sad to see the shape its in now.
The problems we have would take years to fix.
I've thought about moving more every year
I have EU citizenship so I'm constantly thinking of fucking off. But I have a decent set up as far as work is concerned and I'd have to start from zero something that I've built up over 20 years so I'm shit scared to actually cut and run.
Not gonna lie though, think about it almost daily.
If I had more money in my savings and investments I think I might do it. I have access to a free home in Europe which just needa bit of work (ok, a lot). If I had enough money to live off for a few years it'd be easier to start from zero.....or just work in a completely different sphere.

I'm a bit young (or devastatingly nostalgic) but I'm going to go ahead and say Canada and even Toronto specifically peaked somewhere around 1994-2004.