• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Tooth pain relief?

Go to your pharmacy, get Ibuprofen and take as much as you need, so that the tooth pain gets reliefed. And see your dentist!

JJ

Never take naproxen on an empty stomach it can cause bleeds. After a big meal or at least a pint of milk or some yogurt to line to stomach you should be ok. If not, take alongside omeprazole 👍

Never take naproxen on an empty stomach it can cause bleeds. After a big meal or at least a pint of milk or some yogurt to line to stomach you should be ok. If not, take alongside omeprazole 👍
Hahah! Yes! I even take omeprazole when I’m taking ibuprofen. I took naproxen for a week once and developed an ulcer. It was fucking awful! Never again!

Here in Austria Naproxen is a prescription drug. Do you get it without prescription in the pharmacy in your country?

JJ
Oh I didn't know, here if you get it without a prescription in pharmacies
I do not think it will generate an ulcer for a single use .. really taking too much ibuprofen or acetaminophen can also cause it, mention naproxen because my mother and people I know help her with toothache more than other things

Hahah! Yes! I even take omeprazole when I’m taking ibuprofen. I took naproxen for a week once and developed an ulcer. It was fucking awful! Never again!

This is why the "stomach savers" are so much discussed the last months....

I'm sorry for you, this is really bad.

JJ

Oh, honey.
Oh, Hon-Nee.
OH, HON-KNEE!

I was bulimic for 11 years (11 months in remission) ALL of my teeth hurt like a motherfucker every day as the stomach acid has eroded every bit of enamel. Desperate for a dentist for porcelain veneers when this COVID shit is over. Hell, I'd risk it anyway if any dental practices were actually open.
I'll keep checking this thread as I need answers, too!

Have you tried NSAIDS? They're pretty good. I'm on Naproxen but simple Ibuprofen really helps, too. Taking more than 400mg is an awful idea, btw. I won't do much more help and can cause GI bleeding (unless you take something like Omepazole)

Naproxen is a prescription-only med BUT you can get by that by buying Feminax Ultra OTC. It's only meant for period pain but the active ingredient is Naproxen.

I'm in your situation now. Fucking agony.
And I have nothing but paracetamol, naproxen and ibuprofen.
I've just taken 1000mg paracetamol and 500ng naproxen. Can I safely take ibuprofen aswel as naproxen? I've normally kept them apart as in one-or-the-other, but right now I'm really in pain and can't get/haven't got any opiates/benzos/ketamine anything else.
I have omeprazole(sp?) to protect my stomach if I take both?
So can I? Or is it really bad to do so?
Fucking tooth pain SUCKS ASS

Edit :I've taken 400mg of ibuprofen ontop of the naproxen anyway alongside an omeprazole. I'm sure it won't kill me. And I'm sure it's not as bad as some of the drug combos I do lol
Just put loads of tooth pain sensitive toothpaste directly on it and it seems to have helped a bit. The naproxen and paracetamol should be kicking in by now aswel.
Really need to ring the dentist in the morning. I hope they are seeing people again now (not sure as in UK, covid laws)

Last edited:
They moved the 10 tablet package of naproxen 250 mg to OTC medicines a few years ago over here. It's a pharmacist-only medicine though, so it requires a lecture from a pharmacist.

I wonder how ketoprofen compares to ibuprofen?

800 Mg Ibuprofen and 500 Mg. Acetaminophen taken together works well for pain. I find that it actually works as well as a hydrocodone for a couple/few hours. Problem is that you can only take that much Ibuprofen every 6 hours. :)
Hot compresses followed by cold compresses from the outside since you can't get novocaine gels on it. Could you apply novocaine gel all around it liberally and hope for some diffusion?

Last edited:
Ground cloves (available in any grocery store) are pretty good for local anesthesia in the mouth.

One of my back teeth is decaying , I've already scheduled a surgery to get it removed later this week. But the pain is becoming unbearable I have a few pain killers left over from a previous surgery 5mg oxy and 50mg tramadol but I only have 1 of each left. This is enough for me to make it through the day but I don't have enough to get any sleep or make it through the day.
The decay is inside the tooth and covered by a filling so the nerve is not exposed I've tryed topical creams and they don't do much.

I'm not interested in purchasing illegal pain killers although I was wondering if there is any house hold supplies or something over the counter I could use.

Any help would be greatly appreciated ive never felt such pain.
Ibuprofen and paracetamol 400mg and 1000mg respectively

Yah been there 1 solution dentist as for relieving the pain in the meantime well.....its only fkn temporary and short lived....ive tried some of these suggestions here in the past ...didnt work for me ....everyone different ....good luck and dentist as soon as you can

Tooth pain is almost up there with burns and compound breaks.

I was taught by an indiginous elder the bark of a small tree that removes tooth pain almost immediately and long term.

I'll call him today and ask what it was because I'm not 100% sure I remember the correct tree(and it has berries that look like multiple poisonous berries) so I just want to double check.

After trying it i collected enough to last years. It unbelievable how effective it is

Acetaminophen and Ibuprofen. It's a common combo for bad tooth pain.

I accidentally closed my browser out and lost what I had previously typed, so I'll cut it much shorter.

If it's getting to the point that you can't lay down without extreme pain, there's no drug that's gonna take that away. I was happy when I stayed up that final night to go to this dentist they nicknamed "the butcher". It's a walk-in place. $85 for one tooth. Then for every extra tooth, you get a better deal lol.

Anyways, I just needed my bottom wisdom tooth pulled. It felt SO GOOD having it pulled. I wish you the best. Not sure which stage you're at pain-wise.