• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Tooth pain relief?

Killerbunnieskb

Greenlighter
One of my back teeth is decaying , I've already scheduled a surgery to get it removed later this week. But the pain is becoming unbearable I have a few pain killers left over from a previous surgery 5mg oxy and 50mg tramadol but I only have 1 of each left. This is enough for me to make it through the day but I don't have enough to get any sleep or make it through the day.
The decay is inside the tooth and covered by a filling so the nerve is not exposed I've tryed topical creams and they don't do much.

I'm not interested in purchasing illegal pain killers although I was wondering if there is any house hold supplies or something over the counter I could use.

Any help would be greatly appreciated ive never felt such pain.

I find heroin best but failing that ibuprofen and paracetamol when I'm in pain in the teeth I usually down 2 ibuprofen and 5 paracetamol s 5 seems to be the magic number usually works instantly if you have trouble swallowing split the tabs on half

Poor thing toothaches are ducking horrible. I found that nothing worked. I tried smoking seroquel, taking everything I could but theObly thing that worked was getting a root canal treatment. Feel better soon

Local anesthetc agents applied at the site (Clove oil is a traditional remedy. I think there is a commercial gel formulation of lidocaine.) quite liberally plus a strong dose of NSAID. Or, dissociatives.

Even incredibly large doses of opioids will only provide partial relief. Dental pain is actually considered to be the some of the worst possible.

Yep, I believe your best best is 800mg of ibuprofen and maybe something like Anbusol, I think it's called. It's a topical numbing gel that worked pretty well for me in a pinch many years ago. Good luck! Sorry if this is after the fact.

I’d try some oral numbing agents and ibuprofen and kratom sparingly red vein and save your pills but that’s just me. Good luck I know how it feels
One of my back teeth is decaying , I've already scheduled a surgery to get it removed later this week. But the pain is becoming unbearable I have a few pain killers left over from a previous surgery 5mg oxy and 50mg tramadol but I only have 1 of each left. This is enough for me to make it through the day but I don't have enough to get any sleep or make it through the day.
The decay is inside the tooth and covered by a filling so the nerve is not exposed I've tryed topical creams and they don't do much.

I'm not interested in purchasing illegal pain killers although I was wondering if there is any house hold supplies or something over the counter I could use.

Clove oil is the best numbing agent for a tooth ache but use it sparingly. The other best option would be nurofen plus. Use a cotton bud for the clove oil, then dab it around the tooth on the gum and on the tooth.

You’re gonna have to get it sorted though as soon as you can or else you’re risking an abscess and that is a horrid horrid complication with lots of pain and a more intricate procedure.

Your dentist would (and should) normally prescribe an antibiotic well in advance of your surgery in order to tamp down your infection. You should be remarkably improved within 24 hours from the point you start taking that (tablets of capsules). Try and get some right away.

Feel better soon. <3

Cold water.

Pills. But my advice would be to fix your teeth, it doesn't cost much now because your teeth's broken, if you leave it like this you will wake up someday with no teeths, because throughout time your root will eat itself. Contact the dentist

Hey okay I'm really sorry that you have to go through this. I wish that I could say I had Direct personal experience with tooth pain of this nature, but I really don't. All that I really know is that it is extremely painful.

When I was a little bit younger I had a surgery in which my jaw had to be broken and reset. You can imagine that this was pretty painful, but I'm sure it is distinct from nerve/tooth pain.

As we all know, there are painkillers available over the counter like Ibuprofen for instance. The best thing you can do now is maximize the benefits of these drugs.

There are pretty well-known limits established for using such drugs, but we also have to be aware that there are different guidelines for acute usage as opposed to Chronic usage. To make this fairly short and easy to understand you can use more then the established daily guidelines provided you are not doing so for an extended period of time.

UW Health › topic › special › sid7998
Web results
Nonsteroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs (NSAIDs) | UW Health | Madison, WI

This is an article that you can use to give you an idea of what is and isn't appropriate. A major thing that a lot of folks aren't aware of; you can take different OTC painkillers simultaneously.

This is the part where I wouldn't want to step on the toes of the medical community. I can't guarantee anybody's safety with this sort of thing and I dont want anyone to get hurt.

The gist of this is that your best bet is to use OTC painkillers to their maximum potential. There is a synergistic effect between Opioids and the aforementioned drugs.

I would also wait until you are trying to sleep to use the last of your Opioids. I would take them right before bed with your NSAIDs. It might be a matter of personal preference but being awake all night in pain tends to suck more than being awake in pain.

Cold water.

Good advice.

Hurts like hell for a second, then some relief for a bit.

It sucks, I've been through it too. My wisdom teeth impacted and put so much pressure on one of my molars that it weakened and eventually cracked. I, stupidly, lived with it for far too long. It stops as soon as the tooth is pulled. Follow the dentist's direction for aftercare to avoid a dry socket.

The excavation of my wisdom teeth was a fancy picnic compared to the dying tooth nerve.

Ur best bet is to take a combo of different painkillers at the same time. Paracetamol + Ibuprofen + Any Opioid (EG.. Codeine, Tramadol, or Dihydrocodeine), that should take away most of ur pain. I know u said u wouldn't take any street drugs but Ketamine would work wonders on toothache. Benzos might come in handy too!

This is what I would take...

1000mg Paracetamol
650mg Ibuprofen (Naproxen would probably be more effective if u can get it)
60mg Oxycodone IR
300mg Pregabalin
2mg Clonazepam
Topical Lidocaine applied to the gum
A line of Ketamine

I know that looks like complete overkill (and potentially dangerous to some) but the last thing on ur mind would be toothache lmao. If you were to try a concoction like this then adjust ur dosage based on tolerance, in ur case it would be the absolute minimum dose!

Last edited:
Ur best bet is to take a combo of different painkillers at the same time. Paracetamol + Ibuprofen + Any Opioid (EG.. Codeine, Tramadol, or Dihydrocodeine), that should take away most of ur pain. I know u said u wouldn't take any street drugs but Ketamine would work wonders on toothache. Benzos might come in handy too!

This is what I would take...

1000mg Paracetamol
60mg Oxycodone IR
300mg Pregabalin
2mg Clonazepam
A line of Ketamine

I know that looks like complete overkill (and potentially dangerous to some) but the last thing on ur mind would be toothache lmao. If you were to try a concoction like this then adjust ur dosage based on tolerance, in ur case it would be the absolute minimum dose!
I wish you was my dentist....

Your dentist would (and should) normally prescribe an antibiotic well in advance of your surgery in order to tamp down your infection. You should be remarkably improved within 24 hours from the point you start taking that (tablets of capsules). Try and get some right away.

Feel better soon. <3

Antibiotics can be a God send! I was on a cruise ship a couple years ago and a tooth I've had problems with in the past started making my life miserable. Although it was costly (doc and meds were $160 cash), I went to the doc onboard and told him what was up and exactly what I needed. With no objection he came in with a bottle of antibiotics and boom, by the second dose there was no pain whatsoever. Don't get me wrong, a visit to the dentist should be a part of any short-term plans, but it'll certainly buy you some time. Good luck with everything!

Would recommend you try naproxen, it is very good, I feel it works better than other aines
My mother had a lot of pain in a tooth and naproxen helped her a lot with the pain, she had even tried opiates, but she does not like them and naproxen was helpful, could you try it, maybe it works for you too

Went through this in a thread recently
If ya aint got relief yet
put an aspirin on the tooth that is causing the issue and let it "melt" there and its surrounding. It will "numb" the pain and afterward use salt to disinfect by brushing softly and rinsing.

1000mg Paracetamol
60mg Oxycodone IR
300mg Pregabalin
2mg Clonazepam
A line of Ketamine

I've done that exact combo before minus the lidocaine, and multiple lines of ket not just 1. Was fucking bliss 😆😆

Feel better OP. Tooth pain is one of the worst.

But yeah I recommend getting a gram of ket, not just to snort, drop a little key bump (10-25mg) of the powder/crystal into your mouth/directly onto the tooth and swill it around for as long as you can bear to, will numb the fuck out of it pretty dam sharpish. Taste like shit but ya know... (Do a line too cuz that also helps but not as quick)
You will need to repeatedly apply it the tooth every hour or so

I've done that exact combo before minus the lidocaine, and multiple lines of ket not just 1. Was fucking bliss 😆😆

Feel better OP. Tooth pain is one of the worst.

But yeah I recommend getting a gram of ket, not just to snort, drop a little key bump (10-25mg) of the powder/crystal into your mouth/directly onto the tooth and swill it around for as long as you can bear to, will numb the fuck out of it pretty dam sharpish. Taste like shit but ya know... (Do a line too cuz that also helps but not as quick)
You will need to repeatedly apply it the tooth every hour or so

I bet it was lmao