European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Tooth Extraction during pregnancy !!!

Annettee

Greenlighter
Since a week I'm suffering from tooth ache may be due to some oral infection. I have planned to visit Dentistry at Lasalle dental clinic in Burlington. Most probably the dentist will be prescribing to extract the tooth which is hurting me. I'm 5 months pregnant and I want to know whether my tooth can be extracted during this period or else I have to wait till the delivery. Has anyone done this tooth extraction during pregnancy. Any replies will be highly appreciated.

Last edited:
Don't worry so much about it. Dentists know what they're doing. If anything less they could give you gas and air which you'd be given during child birth depending on your birthing plan. TBH One Thousand Words is the best person to speak to about this seeing as he's a dentist.

There are many medications and local anesthetics that can be used that will be of no harm at all to your child.

I had to have a biopsy done when I was heavily pregnant with twins. They gave me Vicodin for the pain. I didn't take it, but was told it was safe at the doses prescribed.

I'm not a dentist but I can tell you they won't give you nitrous gas at 5 months as it can possibly induce labour.

Depending upon the tooth they would normally want to take an x ray. Today's low dose x rays are fine if it means reducing the risk infection has on your baby.

Most antibiotics and anaesthetics will have no effect on the foetus.

Last edited:
Thanks OTW <3

There are very few things more frightening than when you're pregnant. You worry about every thing! Cheers xx

Note to self: Not a dentist. ;)

Last edited:
A tooth extraction will be easy peasy compared with the delivery of a baby, so get it done - there's nothing to be scared about <3.

A good dentist will be kind, sympathetic and do the right thing for you both.

You'll be relieved to get that pain out of the way so you can concentrate on the rest of your pregnancy and yourself better.

Take care x

Call me a cynic, but this is the latest of many dentistry-related threads in EADD, all or most of which appear to link to private US dental practices.

I suppose the pregnancy factor adds some emotive appeal, but it looks for all the world like spam to me. But then I'm a horrible person who would think that way. Especially about a member with a single post which doesn't appear to be remotely relevant to the forum's stated purpose.

Yeah, I'm a horrible person.

Actually it could be a lurker and has genuine anxiety about such practice.

Perhaps I should become more cynical.

Ask a question, get an answer. I can't get more simplistic as that. It is not my lot to judge. Keep it simple mate.

Perhaps all those other dental threads were made by lurkers too. Obviously a drugs forum is the first place you'd come looking for advice in such a situation. I must be stupid.

Dental problems or indeed the fear of dentists affects many many people.

I'm not one of those, I love going to the dentist! I have great teeth. SUS! :sus:

Perhaps I'm a dental technician in disguise. Don't tell the government, wouldn't want my minimum wage status questioned.

Dental problems or indeed the fear of dentists affects many many people.

Indeed. And spam affects many forums.

Anyway, I'm off to Mumsnet for advice on which switchblade I should invest in.

How on earth??? WHAAAAAAAAA???

Do you think that dentists are spamming bl? Mon son.

Oh and on the switch blade side of things I could give you some tips. Mine is awffy sharp, gotta have a good steel to keep 'em sharp. Don't wanna have to double tap as it were.

O.K. I've removed the link. If it was an honest question, nobody needed the link anyway; and if it's someone trying to advertise their substandard goods and services at our expense, they've been thwarted.

Do you think that dentists are spamming bl?

Yep. Hence the removal of the link from the OP.

And since I rank dentistry just below pregnancy in the scale of disgusting things to be avoided at all costs, I shall now bow out and let the thread run its course. :)

Anybody who has to advertise their services by spamming unrelated forums is obviously crap at whatever job they do ..... and anybody that buys goods or services advertised by spam deserves what they get.

Yep. Hence the removal of the link from the OP.

And since I rank dentistry just below pregnancy in the scale of disgusting things to be avoided at all costs, I shall now bow out and let the thread run its course. :)

I will just leave this here...

Dentistry is awesome, keeping my teeth amazing since 1977!

Pregnancy even better!!!!

Sure both may hurt but the outcome is amazing. One more so than the other ( babies )