• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Took Suboxone too early (8/2) Orange Films

Pixies

Bluelighter
So, here's the deal Bluelighters, and also why I can't call my doctor, because he didn't prescribe them. Normally I am given 15x50mcg Fent Patches. And well, over the last 5 days, it's been a bit hellish on my end. First off, last Thursday my mom tries to kill herself. She's never been suicidal before. I'm several thousand miles away with little money and no one (family/friend-wise) to call for help. So, that finally blows over after I talked her down from taking her full bottle of Klonopins. Cut to, literally 3 days later, and my GF broke it off with me. We've been seeing each other for 2+ years, and things were great, so this was out of no where. So, I do something stupid like always, and from the 28th of (June) to July 4th-ish, I finish all my patches, hoping it would help kill myself. It didn't my body and tolerance was too high for that. I realized how killing myself wasn't the answer, but knew the WDs would want me to kill myself.

So, cut to July 5th, I pick up about 14-15 8/2 suboxone films. I tried my first down yesterday after not having been on the Fent patches or chewing them for almost two full days. Mistake. Full blown Percip WDS, like I've never felt before. I'm in hell up until now. It's not been 51 hours since my last sub, and I feel zero wds, and little creeping anxiety. Waiting for it to get worse. See, I didn't realize, but in my haze of WDs, I ended up taking x7 full strips every couple 2-3 hours as I woke up with the anxiety. I now have x7 unopened strips, and like I said I feel ok for now, but haven't taken one for about 50 hours.

Just looking for any advice as to what I'm in for. I did a little reading and maybe found out that I should have taken Subutex instead, without the Naloxone. Because now, apparently the opiod is "disconnected" from the receptors, and is not working as it should. I've heard different things, but was told that taking Subutex would balance it right. And having to wait, possible 48 hours till the REAL sub wds kick in, is the only thing I can do before taking more of the Suboxone Films that I have left. Can anyone please give me some advice, as I start a new job on Mon. (the 10th), that is supposed to be my ticket to turning things around. And I just want to be right for that, and have enough Subs, to cover the first week. Thanks in advance. Any other questions, don't hesitate to ask. I am grateful with this community, as it has helped me out before, but nothing like this, as I am not familiar with Subs at all. And they seem to be plentiful here in NM, as opposed to the Subutex route. Thanks.

The pwd is the bupe not the narcan. Next time start with 1 mg. The larger the dose the worst the pwd. I'm surprised though 2 days of fentanyl and you had precipitated withdrawals.... The patch residue must have been releasing in your skin or something. Just wait as long as you can to take your next dose. Nothing else you can really do besides anything that usually helps you get comfortable. Smoking weed helps if you can get a hold of some, but I find I have to smoke every 4 hours .

The pwd is the bupe not the narcan. Next time start with 1 mg. The larger the dose the worst the pwd. I'm surprised though 2 days of fentanyl and you had precipitated withdrawals.... The patch residue must have been releasing in your skin or something. Just wait as long as you can to take your next dose. Nothing else you can really do besides anything that usually helps you get comfortable. Smoking weed helps if you can get a hold of some, but I find I have to smoke every 4 hours .

Thanks, will do. Will having taken about 42mg of Suboxone in the previous 24 hours period make my wds worst in any way. I know I shouldn't have continued to take more, but it sorta helped a little bit.

At this point I doubt more buprenorphine right away will help. PWD after 48 of not using short acting opioid is very uncommon, I'm sorry to hear you are having to deal with this OP. Do you have any meds like gabapentin, baclofen, clonidine or diazepam? They will really help ease the majority of withdrawal symptoms. But other than using a comfort med, there isn't much you can do but start out today using your buprenorphine as prescribed. By tomorrow, or after you dose tomorrow, this PWD should be totally gone.

As the above user mentioned, the naloxone in Suboxone doesn't really do any as far as blocking other opioids. That is entirely the partial agonist effect of buprenorphine itself. I doubt Subutex would have made any difference in your case. Generally the only reason people are prescribed Subutex over Suboxone are either because the naloxone causes unpleasant side effects (headaches) or for financial reasons (generic Subutex is far cheaper than name brand Suboxone, although I believe there are more cost effective version of buprenorphine with naloxone out there now, generics and such).

You'll have recovered from the majority of your PWD symptoms before the weekend ends. Although you may still feel some discomfort from the withdrawal, it shouldn't be unmanageable at all. I strongly suggest you try and get yourself at least some gabapentin and clonidine, as they're important medications when it comes to managing acute withdrawal symptoms.

I have Klonopins (1mg for Anxiety) and Methocarbonal (Robaxin) (Muscle Relaxer), and just more Suboxone strips. I will wait as long as I can, and take as a little as I can once it gets worse. Thank you both for your insights. I'll update if I can. Yeah, I was really surprised with the WDs after the short acting Fent, tbh. I thought it was just because I had taken so much of it, in a short amount of time..I dunno.

As Toothpastedog mentioned, Clonodine is a Godsend in withdrawals. I withdrew from heroin using only Clonodin in the acute phase and it took care of my RLS, sweats, and miraculously.. my mood. I was able to function for a few hours after each dose as if I was not in acute withdrawals.

Do you have any medical insurance? I STRONGLY urge you to see a professional on your suicide attempt. A professional can help, considering you find the correct one.

I've been in Fentanyl wd before... it is hell. I've also withdrawn completely from opiates using Suboxone. Granted you find the right dose, they will ride you until your next script of Fentanyl.