• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Took pills... vomited, help pls

candyman123

Greenlighter
Got prescribed 30mg codeine phosphate tablets. I took 4 pills to the face washed it down with water then about a little under an hour later i vomited, also had a headache. Prior to vomiting i had felt nauseous for about 20 mins. Why did i have this reaction to the pills? (I doubt there was another reason) I felt really drowsy after that and just went to bed... lol
I'm 65kg and about 5'10 fyi.
Any hunches or advice would be appreciated =D

other ingredients: lactose, magnesium stearate

Certain opiates/opioids have this effect on people. Obviously 120mg was too much for your body to handle at one time. Codeine and morphine, specifically, are known for causing nausea in a lot of people. Next time, take one pill, not four.

Certain opiates/opioids have this effect on people. Obviously 120mg was too much for your body to handle at one time. Codeine and morphine, specifically, are known for causing nausea in a lot of people. Next time, take one pill, not four.
^ This is good advice. Also, don't take on an empty stomach.

yep some people can't handle morphine/codeine. I can take a large amount of oxy or hydrocodone at once and feel great but all 30mg of morphine gives me is an instant headache and nausea

Nausea/vomiting is definitely a common side effect for many opiates. You shouldn't have anything to worry about. It is just your body's way of telling you that it couldn't handle the 120mg dosage you took. Simply sleep it off and you should feel better tomorrow. However, I highly suggest you use this experience to your advantage and try to be more careful when toying around with opiates. They are very powerful, and there's a darn good reason many people attribute their recreational use to playing with fire. And I would agree more with this sentiment if fire actually made you feel like you were on top of the world, before it melted your face off. In other words; please be careful. :)

Some people are very sensitive to opiates and you should tell a doctor so if you get hurt you are not given too much.

My father can't take more than 5mgs of oxycodone and I know he has bad pain.

Me I can take more than I care to say.

So you are opiate sensitive and it is a medical condition.

Unless there is more to this? Are you in other medications or maybe it was something you ate. Codeine is kinda weak.

This isn't surprising. It's actually a common occurence for folks to vomit while under the influence of Opioids, especially when they are just starting out. You grow more tolerant to this effect as you continue using, but a strong enough hit can always make you vomit. Codeine and Morphine are both pretty notorious for the body load they give. There's a lot of itching, heaviness of limbs, vomiting that's not as severe as with drugs like for instance, Oxycodone.

It's nothing to worry about and it would seem that the Codeine made it completely into your system.