• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Took MDMA For First Time. WOW! So many Questions!

jclark20

Greenlighter
First of all I’ll start by saying that this is my first post on Blue Light, hi everyone!

SWIM took MDMA for the first time a week and a half ago at a DnB night in a filthy basement. SWIM had a fucking amazing night! SWIM will spare the details, but he was up til 8AM-ish and would genuinely label it as his joint best night out ever! After having such a good night SWIM can’t wait to get on it again, but he also has lots of questions he’d like to ask more experienced users. SWIM has already done a fair amount of research and found answers to a lot of his questions, but not all of them (Hence this post).

DOSAGE
SWIM took a 250mg (125mg in two bombs, two hours apart). He was buzzing hard, dancing hard and giving out bare love to everyone – he felt amazing. On FRI he felt on top of the world, on SAT and SUN he smoked weed and felt drained but happy, but MON-FRI he felt really depressed, unmotivated and lonely. After speaking to people and doing research, SWIM found out that apparently what he took is considered a very strong dosage. Here are SWIM’s questions related to Dosage: If swim halves his dosage next time, would he still buzz just as hard as before, or would he only buzz half as much? Also, would the comedown length / serotonin depletion only last half as long and be half as intense if the dosage was halved? SWIM doesn’t know how the science works! He just wants to have just as good a time but not comedown as hard.

HALLUCINATIONS
After smoking a phat joint at 4:20AM, SWIM started hallucinating and he found it amazing. He was seeing people’s faces as blue, seeing pretty geometric shapes and other psychedelic shit. Here are SWIM’s questions related to Hallucinations: Is it normal to hallucinate after smoking weed on MD? If he halved his dosage, is he still likely to hallucinate at all or as much? SWIM really, really enjoyed the hallucinations and wants to experience them again next time.

DIFFERENT EFFECTS ON DIFFERENT PEOPLE?
Swim notice a few other things too, here are his last few questions.
1. SWIM took the same amount of the same stuff as his friend that night (who has used dozens of times before). SWIM noticed that his friend was sweating about four times as much as he was, does this indicate anything? Was he buzzing harder or do people just react differently?
2. SWIM’s friend did not hallucinate despite having the same amount of MD and Weed, does this indicate anything?
3. SWIM’s same friend did not experience really bad mood swings or depression like SWIM did over the following week, does this indicate anything?
4. SWIM’s friend usually takes 500mg when he rolls and claims not to feel depressed afterwards, how comes half as much made SWIM feel so down later on?

SWIM is sorry for typing a huge post with loads of questions, many of which have probs been answered somewhere already; he just wants to know how to keep raving safe and making the most of this substance. Any comments and advice are would be really appreciated! Thanks!

Welcome to bluelight. I also remember that day like yesterday when I took MDMA for the first time. Really a life changing experience.

Yes, 250mg is a strong dose. Its not needed to do that much to get the best effects. Less is really more. Try 100mg with 50-80mg redose or 120mg with 80mg redose. Avoid redosing more than once. The basic 'rule' goes that the redose should be half of the initial dose.

Weed potentiates it very much for some people. For me, I feel I can smoke a lot with not feeling much that weed, like MDMA overpowers it. As strong dose as 250mg and weed is the reason for those hallucinations I think.

Im just saying that don't abuse this wonderful chemical if you dont want to lose the magic. The more rarely you do it, the better it is going to feel. Again, 4 times a year seems to be good 'rule'. If you have read this area, you see many of those long term comedown threads, you dont want to end up being the one who makes them.

Aside from SWIMming being against the rules here on Bluelight, I have no idea why you'd make a thread stating you took MDMA and then go onto to SWIM haha

You took way too much, must have been pretty overwhelming at times. Without even reading much of your posts, ill just lay down the only really necessary guidelines you'll need with MD.

1 month minimum, 3 months OPTIMUM wait in between dosing. I cant stress this enough. Don't do it every weekend or you'll turn into mush eventually.

100-120 dose, my personal goal is to take the highest dose possible without barfing. Anything over 120 and Ive barfed, still looking to find that sweet spot. Don't worry if you do barf, you'll still have a blast.

BUY A TEST KIT! You should be taking anything if you aren't testing it. Don't be another statistic.

1. There are a lot of factors that could contribute to your friends reaction. It could be as simple as drinking an energy drink before or dancing harder. I wouldn't be overly concerned by this.

2. Your friend may have a higher tolerance than you. Also the first few times I took ecstasy I had medium to strong closed eye hallucinations and also pseudohalucinations as well. As you use mdma or molly in your case, more frequently you'll notice that these start to drift away. Don't be worried they will be replaced with even better trails which will add to the feeling of openness and love that xtc gives you.

3. Again from what I understand you are new to rolling so the mood swings can be due to the brain adjusting to the influx of serotonin mdma gives. As you use will learn ways to cope better. Some use 5htp capsules before and after but I prefer just smoking a lot of weed or popping benzos. Whatever floats your boat.

4. I have taken similar amounts of molly in a night however I wouldn't recommend it. Also if you are getting high purity mdma you will find this less and less wise of a course of action. It all depends which rolls your popping or how pure your caps are.

haha First time eh? I still remember the track we were listening towhen I was at my peak. I used to get a buzz off being around first timers.
All i'll say is be responsible, though not many people listen after you see it all over Bluelight. Respect it! Only use it on special occasions. After a while the honeymoon will be over and it'll just be a speedy high. You don't want that, becomes boring as when that happens, it's still good but nothing will ever compare to you're first time.
Also, keep reading up on it, and don't mess up like I did :\

Nostalgia! Agree with all the others about not overdoing it, 250 is a high dose (depending upon purity!) and it sounds from your comedown that perhaps it was a bit much for you.

I have had times that have bettered my first great strong experience (first good time i slightly overdosed and had a not unpleasant but extremely wobbly 20mins), it can be bettered by a being in a better place, both emotionally and/or physically, for me this has been watching the sunset over a favourite band at a festival with a group of people I cared for knowing the night, and life was offering more to come… for me an other important factor in it begin a good night is the obvious.. not being unwell or overtired… I'm sorry to say I've pushed on through a number of times when really I've known I'm not up to it… in retrospect it can prove an almost total waste of a special experience...

these days I most often half dose (70/80mg pure MD) as it suits my nights out better (small child need to sleep), and I save the 150-180mg barnstormers for once a year… by not overdoing it these smaller doses are lovely too.

The things are simple;
Do not dose the same amount of your initial dose, it's not pill (extacsy) it's MDMA. So half dose is enough ( I think they have different kind of effects)
The comedowns are pretty new for you so don't bother. I don't suggest you to smoke too much weed for your comedown, it expands the roll but you feel your comedown over and over again.
Sweating is nothing to bother, but be careful for your drinking amount. Do not rush to water, just get 250ml-400ml for 1 hour roll. Not more, not less.

In start of your rolling experiences, you will definitely abuse mdma so just know that do not use mdma 2 nights in a row.
At least give yourself 1-2 weeks break.
The normal break from mdma is 1 month, recommended 3 months.
Don't bother if you use 1-2 weekend in a row, it won't hurt you but don't make it an habit.
Eat clean, do sports, sleep well. Don't get more than 250mg in any circumstance.
For safe rolling, go search rollsafe in google.
Definitely test your product, it can ruin your life.

Welcome to the ravers' world!

Thanks for your advice everyone!

Rolling again in 4 weeks at house party with all of my uni mates, for many of whom it will be their first time rolling too!

My first time Rolling. I was working at a Holiday Inn call center lol. and someone gave me a Roll I stupidly took it while on my shift.. I remember being on the phone with this lady when it hit me... BAM!! like a Ton of bricks.. I felt like the whole world became digitized or something like I was shifting into the matrix. it was super unsettling.. nausea hit me explosively. I put the lady on hold and Ran to the bathroom and Threw up in a toilet.. Then almost instantly. the Most Amazing feeling of well being and contentment washed over my mind and body.. I felt absolutely Phenomenal.. I washed up and walked around with a big grin on my face talking to people for a good 5 minutes. .then was like. Oh Shit.. I forgot I left that lady on hold.. I went back to my station and the poor lady was still on hold waiting for me. I gave her a 50% discount on her room for being such a patient customer and due to my own foolishness.. Then I continued taking calls.. some girls who were at the station near me saw my pupils and Knew what was up.. they would come over randomly giving me back massages while I was in my chair. Also that day I upsold more rooms than I ever had before on the phones.. as a result of conversation flowing so easily.. lol

your friend was sweating because they overdose and roll too often. experiencing only the speedy effects of MDMA and not the anxiolytic relaxing serotonin effects of it, which he can probably not even get anymore

My first time Rolling. I was working at a Holiday Inn call center lol. and someone gave me a Roll I stupidly took it while on my shift.. I remember being on the phone with this lady when it hit me... BAM!! like a Ton of bricks.. I felt like the whole world became digitized or something like I was shifting into the matrix. it was super unsettling.. nausea hit me explosively. I put the lady on hold and Ran to the bathroom and Threw up in a toilet.. Then almost instantly. the Most Amazing feeling of well being and contentment washed over my mind and body.. I felt absolutely Phenomenal.. I washed up and walked around with a big grin on my face talking to people for a good 5 minutes. .then was like. Oh Shit.. I forgot I left that lady on hold.. I went back to my station and the poor lady was still on hold waiting for me. I gave her a 50% discount on her room for being such a patient customer and due to my own foolishness.. Then I continued taking calls.. some girls who were at the station near me saw my pupils and Knew what was up.. they would come over randomly giving me back massages while I was in my chair. Also that day I upsold more rooms than I ever had before on the phones.. as a result of conversation flowing so easily.. lol

awesome story