• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Took 8 year break. Need advice!

Ccollins2544

Greenlighter
Hey guys I used to smoke very heavily for 5 years (8 years ago) and am thinking of trying it again. It's legal here in CO so what the hell! Some questions I have is what to expect? I know some people that just shouldn't smoke weed because they freak out, but I was never that way. My main concern is after taking that long of a break will I be one of those guys that freak out? I should also add that when I smoked it was mainly just swag. I know the stuff from today is much more potent. Should I be concerned about having a bad experience? What are things I can do to avoid a bad high? And is going in to smoking weed already concerned of a bad trip setting me up for a bad trip? Any tips will help! Thanks!

Hey Ccollins2544,

What you're expressing is totally reasonable.

Many things have changed since you stopped smoking:

• "Laced" cannabis is now much more prevalent, so trust who you're purchasing from. (Then again, you're in CO, so if you purchase from a dispensary, you'll be fine)
  • Cannabis nowadays is way more potent than 8 years ago. Lots of GM(O) cannabis. Great stuff.
  • THC levels have significantly increased. So just be prepared.

Chances are, you'll get the highest you've ever been.

As for preparing for the trip:
  1. Get good tunes
  2. Get good friends
  3. Get good food
  4. Get good surroundings

Follow that, and you'll be fine. Hope you have fun!

If you have any other questions, PM me or post here.

Enjoy,
fdizile

Thanks for the quick response! I will be purchasing from a dispensary so it being laced will not be a factor. My plan is to get the lowest % of thc as possible which I believe is around 8-9%. I am only going to take one small hit and see how it goes. Would you agree that a small hit on the lowest grade possible will not send me to mars? ?

I will be at home alone where I feel most comfortable. I would rather be alone in case I do trip because it would make me more uncomfortable to be around anyone seeing me like that.

Your plan to take a hit and "wait and see" is a great idea. I started with edibles after a lifetime (seriously, over 30 years) of not using any substances at all and I did them for sleep. It did not matter that edibles were unpredictable (in terms of how long before the effects set in or how stoned I would get because I was generally asleep when it happened.=D I could tell when I overdid the dose by whether I still felt stoned when I woke up. If you do decide to try edibles from a dispensary, take a fraction of what they call a dose and then go up from there the next time if warranted.

A few years ago I started to get back into it recreationally with a couple friends and we are all old ladies. One of us was a stoner forever, one was a roadie for Crosby Stills and Nash and yet never smoked weed in the 60's/70's and then there was me with the hiatus from around 18 to mid 50's. Neither of us that had not been a stoner for years had any problems. One thing that I have found curious is that my tolerance never seems to go up, which is also true for the lifelong stoner friend; however the third of our happy little pot party (the one that had never smoked at all) had her tolerance shoot up immediately and it just keeps climbing.

Just chill out at the house when you smoke and if you get good bud smoke slower and less/smaller hits. You should have a great time but as long as youre not experiencing anxiety already you should be fine.