• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Took 40mg of Adderall 10 hrs ago, is it safe to take more?

pinkinterrupted

Greenlighter
Hi! Earlier today I took about 40mg of Adderall XR. I felt a bit euphoric and was extremely talkative, I expeirienced no immediate negative side effects. I really need to stay up tonight to finish my research paper and I'm starting to give into the idea of sleep. Would it be safe if I took more? And if so how much more should I take? (I'm a female who weighs 130 if that helps). Is there anything I can eat, drink, etc. that will make the high higher? Thanks! :)

Hi! Earlier today I took about 40mg of Adderall XR. I felt a bit euphoric and was extremely talkative, I expeirienced no immediate negative side effects. I really need to stay up tonight to finish my research paper and I'm starting to give into the idea of sleep. Would it be safe if I took more? And if so how much more should I take? (I'm a female who weighs 130 if that helps). Is there anything I can eat, drink, etc. that will make the high higher? Thanks! :)

Hey there, that is a great question to ask and there are several factors to look at before doing so because only you know how it effects you and how your body responds to it. You already answered a few of them with the info you provided so my only other questions are; how often do you take it and when was the last time? What was the usual dose and how effective was it? What is your current heart rate? Do you have any other past experience with stimulants? And do you feel that you are able to comfortably take more and stay safe?
If you feel comfortable with taking more, and your pevious dose was 10 hours ago and you feel you are able to sleep now and 40mgs (pretty low dose even for a first timer, its good to start low though) only got you feeling a little euphoric and talkative, i feel you could take another 60mgs with no problem, possably up to 80mgs (let the 60mgs kick in first the access if another 20 is appropriate) you are the best judge of what you can safely take. If your heart rate goes up to 155+bpm, dont take any more, you arnt in danger but if more is taken at that point then is can get dangerous

As for food or drinks making it stronger, not that i have heard of. But you should consider eating a good amount of carbs and protien before your next dose so your body dosent eat away at its self causing malnurishment and make you feel pretty crappy

Last edited:
I personally wouldn't take more. But that's just cause adderall makes me feel extremely horrible the day after. The better the high, the worse the comedown.

ya you can.

gets sketchy around the 100 - 160 mg range.

you WILL get the jitters and the crash will not be fun.